Friday Ride-a-Thon

I find the doors hard at times with some lag, thats why i am only playing rooms with out the doors

abbaabba said:
If im in line I never go AFK. Maybe I expect too much from everyone else? Its really not hard to click the door. If you're actually paying attention, that is. Everyone else should be booted, IMO. It might be harsh, but if you want to play, you shouldnt leave!
I don't generally go far if I have to go afk while waiting in line. If I have a lot of people in front of me in line I know I can walk away for a couple minutes, but I check back fairly quickly. Normally I'm close enough to hear the music change when I finally get into the room. But those in the room standing in the way of other players or blocking the view of the symbols on the door should be booted. As long as there is a reasonable time limit so that people with slower computers don't fet booted before they can get into the room and be able to move, I agree that there shouldn't be a reason to just stand ther blocking other players. If people would just keep moving the lines for the second and end rooms would not be anywhere near as long as I've seen them. Once you get out of the start room then you could get into the second room and through that reasonably quickly to let others in. Then it shouldn't take that long to get the message that you got a ride piece and get out of the end room and back into line for another ride piece if you want. So there is no reason for really long lines for the later rooms in a ride as ling as the ride is made properly.

dizanimator said:
Then it shouldn't take that long to get the message that you got a ride piece and get out of the end room and back into line for another ride piece if you want. So there is no reason for really long lines for the later rooms in a ride as ling as the ride is made properly.
I actually start searching the map before the message comes up. it takes a while for the room list to load so the message still comes up while looking at the map and you shave time off. :hourglass

qruthie said:
I'm still having problems with the doors because I keep single clicking on them instead of double clicking. I'm also clicking on the symbol on the door rather than on the symbol at the top. That may be uncovering a design flaw in the user interface, it may be more intuitive to click on the door itself.
I was clicking on the doors and it worked just fine. you can click them before you actually step on the track and they stay open long enough to get there.

qruthie said:
There are so many inappropriate things I could say right now. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I happen to be wearing a blue sweatshirt however, I am not the blue ride. This is Space Mountain, not Body Wars! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Someybody said:
32 and rapidly decreasing...
Red Completed
LOL. I dised people by switching them into a wall that went into a teleporter. Then I switched back so I could get in, then switched again.
Just to let you know... when you switch the switch, it only works for you. You are the only one that can see which way you switch it, so trying to switch others in another direction doesn't work. Just like the doors, when you open them, they are only open for you.

hdmonkeybug said:
Just like the doors, when you open them, they are only open for you.

Hmmm...I was able to get through open doors earlier in the day, by following someone into an open door (it was my first time in the room and couldn't get those doors to open -- too much text covering the images!). So I kept clicking to get back on the track near the door and finally someone was able to open the door and I followed through after them.

AmberDaze said:
Hmmm...I was able to get through open doors earlier in the day, by following someone into an open door (it was my first time in the room and couldn't get those doors to open -- too much text covering the images!). So I kept clicking to get back on the track near the door and finally someone was able to open the door and I followed through after them.
Just repeating what the newletter said, and when I opened a door, i watched others get bounced back just after I went through-so don't know how you did that.:) Must be that Disney magic!;) :wizard:

VMKNewsletter said:
The door is another cool addition to your track toolbox, this is a locked door that you will need to open before you can pass through it. How do you open it? See the shape on the door? Double click on the top of the door when the shape is the same as the one on the door - however you need to be close to the door for this to happen. Once it's open you have
30 seconds to get through before the door closes. If you get to the door before it opens you will be kicked off the track! And the door is just like the switch - you are the only one who can open your door!

I was able to follow people through open doors too, but by the end of the day I could finally get them myself, so maybe they fixed that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter