fridays frantic riddle

brightspark said:
We don't have those beef and rice things... and dh has never heard of them either... try our pigs in blankets it's yum...

Do you have yorkshire puddings ? We aren't supposed to have them at christmas because they go with beef officially but I love them
I never heard of it :confused3 What is it?

brightspark said:
How on earth do you wrap a sausage in a pancake? And are you talking about a long sausage or a flat one like the imposters that get called sausages in WDW?
Those flat ones are just theoreticlly supposed to be a huge roll cut into patties. But pigs in a blanket are a sausage link rolled up in a pancake.
Like this:
pancakes.jpg

Or you could use like pastry to wrap little hot dogs too, like this:
250px-American_pigs_in_blankets.jpg

Hmm don't know how to make them (we always buy them frozen and cook them) but they are made with egg flour and um .. other stuff... they are oh dear don't know how to describe them now... well you cook individual ones in foil cake cases and they rise and are hollow in the middle and crispyish on the outside... ah have googled them and apparantly they are made of batter (that's what I said) and like your popover

will you all PLEASE stop talking about food!?!?!?!

I'm hungry!

180px-Sunday_roast_-_roast_beef_1.jpg

It's the thing in the middle on the top!!! lol this is getting ridiculous now

Duckfan-in-Chicago said:
Those flat ones are just theoreticlly supposed to be a huge roll cut into patties. But pigs in a blanket are a sausage link rolled up in a pancake.
Like this:
pancakes.jpg

Or you could use like pastry to wrap little hot dogs too, like this:
250px-American_pigs_in_blankets.jpg
YOu were serious? :confused3

LOL food is so funny!
OK duck at least you have some proper sausage over there.... the hotdog ones... pigs in blankets is them wrapped in bacon - yum!

Can't believe that in US you eat the other sausage with pancake for BREAKFAST and with syrup... it's all too weird.

Angel... hmm what can I say really!

Duckfan-in-Chicago said:
It's not at all pudding, so I'm against it. I fell for it once.
Is it like rice pudding or tapioca :confused3

sorry really not like either of those although I do love rice pudding...

brightspark said:
sorry really not like either of those although I do love rice pudding...
I like rice pudding too, but I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing.

I'd be pretty nervous going to the UK. It seems like your menus are in code. Yorkshire pudding isn't pudding, your pigs in a blanket are really pigs in more pigs, and your chips are more like wedges.

ooh dh has just brought the shopping in from the car... and I have sitting right next to me some UK pigs in blankets...

Yorkshire pudding is a batter thing which rises to be all light and fluffy

Rice pudding is rice cooked slowly in the oven with milk butter and sugar. Some people add nutmeg, but I don't like htat. I love rice pudding with the skin left on, and sometimes wiht added cream or a spoonful of jam !

Duckfan-in-Chicago said:
I like rice pudding too, but I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing.

I'd be pretty nervous going to the UK. It seems like your menus are in code. Yorkshire pudding isn't pudding, your pigs in a blanket are really pigs in more pigs, and your chips are more like wedges.

I think you are thinking of something different for Yorkshire pudding too, Duck...and I know what you're thinking and I wouldn't eat it either :crazy2: but I can't think of what else it could be called.

I googled Yorkshire pudding and it sounds like some bread thing using bacon grease as the "fat" (as opposed to butter).

we have chips that are really fries and crisps which are your chips... Ithink!! lol

Come visit us guys then you can really enjoy a proper english feast!!

hiwaygal said:
I googled Yorkshire pudding and it sounds like some bread thing using bacon grease as the "fat" (as opposed to butter).

I wouldn't have described it as bread...

brightspark said:
I wouldn't have described it as bread...

I just was thinking that the ingredients are pretty..."generic"...like what would be in bread/rolls/biscuits, but I'm sure the taste and texture are something different.

TOOOOOOTY-HOOOOOOOOTY!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter