Fun Family places to eat in San Diego??

Zoemakes5

<font color=deeppink>Support me in my Disney mania
Can anyone share with me fun places to go to eat in San Diego? Kid friendly? Stuff that they would enjoy? They aren't terribly picky about what they eat.

what part of san diego are you staying in? it is so big this tid bit of info would help

We'll be in Vista and Carlsbad, but are anticipating to go out and wander....we'll probably go to Balboa Park for the Zoo and to Sea World. And, we'll definitely want to go to a beach at least once.
That's why I had left it open. If it's a really cool/fun place, I'm willing to drive to it.
Up in the LA area they used to have a restaurant we really liked where each room was themed and the servers dressed up in costumes. Can't remember the name of it, though.

In Carlsbad - Ruby's Diner, Claim Jumper, and Bucca de Beppo

In Vista - Oggi's Pizza, La Paloma, Japanese Cafe and Sushi Bar

I have worked in both Carlsbad and Vista so am familiar with both areas if you need any more information.

In Carlsbad try Islands, the burger joint with the great big basket of fresh cut french fries and a really good little-kids menu.

Not sure if there is a THE OLD SPAGHETTI FACTORY nearby but those are fun for families, and cheap.

I second the tip to try Ruby's Diner. It is themed to an old fashioned 50's diner. We try to eat there on every CA trip we take. The one in Carlsbab has a model train (a pretty large scale one) running around on a track hanging from the ceiling. My kids really thought it was cool! There are lots of Ruby's in southern CA but I don't know if they all have model trains or not. All of the ones we have been to have. The food is good too. The ice cream shakes are awsome! On our last trip, we happened to go there on their kid's night. We got 1 free kids meal with each adult meal we ordered. I don't remember which night of the week it was, nor do I know if they still do that as it has been over a year and a half since then.

Dave and Buster's is fun. It's got a huge arcade inside. The food is pretty good and not too expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter