Fun, Sun & Strong Water Rum...*Yo-Ho*...23 Nights @ Sapphire Falls...A May 2022 TR

I agree with your comment about the club staff being very attentive and friendly this time around! The last couple of trips we kind of felt that the staff was a little distant. It was so refreshing to see this group working so well together!

It was very odd, we were the only ones in the store and you can see everyone from every angle. Personally I think she was just trying too hard.....nothing worse.

We were so happy to take the tasting options, and very kind of him to ask us, we loved it.

Convention crowds can be horrendous. Some aren`t too bad, but so many have to just shout over each other....normally telling everyone how wonderful they all are.....no you are....no you`re better........::yes::

We have met some nice folks too though, but there is a type.

The executives who were in last night were lovely though.......they weren`t loud, just had a few nice drinks and they were gone.

Least they don`t play jazz......lol........
Yep - all Masters of the Universe!! Reminds me of book Bonfire of the Vanities. I worked on Wall Street in the 80's - all true. LOL

Nope, nope and nope! No gators!

And yes, yes, yes! to that surf and turf dish! Looks amazing!

Thank you so much for the great ride explanation! In the past I have been able to do coasters (though not multiple times in a row!) but some simulators do me in. I appreciate all the time and detail you put into these reports.

FRIDAY MAY 6TH

Guess what? Yep, we had another fabulous sleep. Because of the positioning of the bedroom in this suite, you never hear any noise for the corridor from people of anyone closing doors which does help a great deal. I don`t know if there was ever anyone in the room to other side of us because we never heard a peep the whole time from either side.

And another sunrise for me this morning and again noticed so many joggers around.....far too healthy!!! But, once the sun was up, it was time to shower and get dressed.

We walked over to RP for breakfast and I was sure loving this champagne for breakfast every day!!! This could become a habit!!!

1654691757150.png

Yes, this was the perfect start to the day!!

i-jxmfWXT-X2.jpg

i-9cJvJbQ-S.gif

😊

We saw Todd and Candace in the lounge this morning and I think they were setting off for another hotel for a couple of days, so we said goodbye to them, I`m sure we`ll be here at the same time again at some point.

Breakfast is never a rush........I know some folks grab something fast and head off, but we do like to take our time and chat for the most part. And there may have been some more champagne too......these ladies did know how to take care of folks!

We are going to IOA so we head for the walking path and it feels wonderously hot this morning, glad to say we would reach 97F today, real feel is over 100f. Even this early you could feel that heat building already.....and we loved it.

i-wzxkZJN-X2.jpg

The waterway is so very pretty, taking the boat is very nice, but the path is lovely and is in shade for most of the way which is nice too.

We met a lovely lady who asked if we`d like a picture together, we said yes, we`d love that....unfortunately it didn`t tun out, it was blurry, but it was nice of her to ask. We got chatting as she had an amazing tattoo on her shoulder of Freddie Mercury.....my ultimate musical hero.......I loved it. Now, tattoos would look silly on me, I just wouldn`t suit one, but the art work on this one was incredible, and done correctly they do look good. I`m just not fond of full sleeve types, but this was cool!!! However we still had the best tattoo to see later in the trip!!

i-LZhWdw7-X2.jpg

Security check takes seconds and then we`re heading into the park. We take to the left where the AP entrance is for now. It is completely deserted and we were glad to see that as the lines at the gate were indeed very long. To be fair we have never waited an overly long time at the gates, but this is ideal and a nice little perk for AP holders.

i-Ff6Mkmn-X2.jpg

And Tom remembered to use his thumb and lo and behold, the scanner accepted his print. There were three scanners working here, so I`m guessing maybe early it might be busier than now? But, for us we walked straight through. I wish they would keep this permanently for AP holders.

i-CqhTDfP-X2.jpg

It still didn`t feel overly busy this morning, so it was quite pleasant walking in through Port of Entry......I love this area. And although I love Christmas music which had been played on our last trip, we do love that music that is so associated with POE.And we do feel that we are still walking with the biggest smile on our faces.

i-Zqj3DT7-X2.jpg

i-LphFqGh-X2.jpg

We both wondered when we had last eaten in Croissant Moon Bakery......we just couldn`t remember, it had been that long. Maybe 10 years? They serve similar items to what used to be in the now long gone Boulangerie in the Studios, we think we enjoyed it but goodness knows.

i-Q2pmXcn-X2.jpg

Our first wander was down to the lagoon to have a glance at the Velocicoaster.....that was our priority for today, but we wouldn`t rush round and if the line was too long we`d simply give it a miss and go back another day.

However, we really wanted that back row again....especially as you tipped over the top hat.....that really was one of the best bits!!

i-NSPNxwR-X2.jpg

Neither of us felt like doing the Hulk today, but Kyle had been wondering what rides we had never gone on over the years, and the only one we could up with apart from the Pteranandon Flyers were the teacup style ride close the Hulk......I actually don`t know anyone who has ever gone on them, but they were popular. Not something I`d ever go on now.......maybe as a kid, but not anymore!

i-Zf45C3G-X2.jpg

Our old favourite Dr Doom.

I have to say I was kind of freaked to see they had got rid of the secondary belt......when I first rode it years ago, they didn`t have a belt. Then there was a little incident and they brought in the belt, it took longer to do and check, but I liked that belt especially after the incident that killed the young man at Icon Park (I know different circumstances) but it did give me pause and make me think twice about going on it.

I know it`s completely safe and they do have a much higher safety standard at Universal, but I was very nervous again going on it. However it was fine, of course it was fine. If that ride at Icon Park had been in Universal, we would have gone on it without a doubt.....but not knowing other places standards, we just wouldn`t risk it.

i-MHS3mq9-X2.jpg

It is the shortest ride ever, and some folks don`t think it`s worth it, but we love it....I`d never wait any length of time for it, and again today EP was a complete walk on, but the regular line was only about 15 minutes. We did this twice and then headed to another ride we do enjoy a lot.

Spider-Man would have a whole new meaning this trip for us!!

The ride is fun......I never get motion sickness on this one the way I do on Transformers, different pixellation on the screens, so we can do this one several times in a row and we do.......I forget what the regular line was most of the time, but we go on it 3 times in about 10/15 minutes.

i-wMwrZHr-X2.jpg

Loving the different views of the Velocicoaster..........

i-j84dWCm-X2.jpg

I swear if I worked in that shop to the side of this display, I`d cut the power to that darn barking dog!!! It pierces the eardrums it`s so loud! And very annoying, but it`s a cute display.

i-zkmZmpR-X2.jpg

There seemed to be boarding up in a lot of places around the parks, all for improvements of course and there did seem to be a lot of refurbishment and repainting around which was good to see.

We heard a few folks complaining about the amount of boarding, but not sure what they expect Universal to do......things need upgraded. I`m sure if they were being neglected the same folks would gripe about that too!

i-LXbjHF9-X2.jpg

Blondie`s is one of these places we keep saying we need to try again. It`s another place we haven`t eaten in for such a long time. I think the reason is, we`re never hungry when we pass it as it`s usually just after breakfast, and again we never managed it this trip either. Tom really does want to have another Dagwood sandwich!!

i-snXMfrz-X2.jpg

It really was getting hot now, not hot enought to consider going on the Barges.......you will 100% get completely and utterly drenched on this one.....and if you get caught under the water fall on the way round, you`re doubly drenched!

We wandered past them and headed down to Me Ship the Olive.......this used to be almost deserted as you went past it, but now there are always folks around admiring the views of the VC usually.

The ship itself is fabulous for kids as there are so many interactive components to enjoy inside as well as the water jets on the top floor. You can soak the folks already drenched by hitting these jets towards them......the jets themselves aren`t in the least bit powerful but it is so much fun as some folks get really annoyed which makes it even funnier somehow!!

i-Dsszq5X-X2.jpg

Tom blames me for more folks standing watching the barges here.....lol......truth be told you barely saw a sole until a few years ago, now it is quite a popular place but it is the funniest place in the park to watch folks reactions to getting drenched.......especially the ones that have no clue it`s coming if it`s behind them as they hurtle towards it.......we laugh like hyenas watching them!!!

i-zn9cjDP-X2.jpg

i-TDR2J24-X2.jpg

One of my favourite parts of the VC!!! It was even better when I started to keep my eyes open through the upside down parts!! I think the first time I went on it I never once opened my eyes, but after that.........yep, barely closed them unless I was blinking!

i-Nnnvq9T-X2.jpg

They do have some cute things to see along the way here, mostly Popeye related, and the music is pure Popeye, brings back lots of childhood memories for sure.

We didn`t really watch Mickey Mouse growing up in the UK, the odd thing maybe and the Disney movies, but weekend cartoons were Scooby Doo, Top Cat and so on, and I do remember vividly Popeye and Bluto, it wasn`t a favourite cartoon, but the memories are there when you hear that tune.

i-dCsnXsZ-X2.jpg

We do love JPRA, but not today. This is one ride you can come off bone dry, slightly sprinkled, half wet half dry or completely drenched to the bone. It`s different every single time and it`s all down to how the boat is loaded and weight distribution. It`s odd as we can be sat in any seat and the row in front or behind are drenched and it`s missed us......lol......although Kyle believes he is a water magnet as he is always drenched no matter where he sits.......and I think he`s right!

i-jMwDL7S-X2.jpg

i-2vdWGpM-X2.jpg

The area within Pteranadon Flyers is fun and there are a lot of things to explore in there, but we haven`t gone in for a long time, but for kids it`s like a real adventure.

i-2DbJx3v-X2.jpg

The Raptor Encounter wasn`t open when we passed today, not sure if there was an issue, but they weren`t allowing anyone to line up and they didn`t know if it was going to be 5 minutes or an hour before it was back running.

i-r9hFpHM-X2.jpg

This section of the Velocicoaster is one of the best parts as you can really feel and hear the power ramping up to get the cars up and over the Top Hat.......it`s not quite as vibrant as a Jumbo Jet taking off, but you do feel far more vulnerable as you are completely open to the elements and boy is it exciting!!!

Right, we couldn`t wait any longer.....Velocicoaster time for us now!!!

i-zQ7GjRF-X2.jpg

More to follow.......:)

Last edited:
I agree with your comment about the club staff being very attentive and friendly this time around! The last couple of trips we kind of felt that the staff was a little distant. It was so refreshing to see this group working so well together!

Oh that`s a shame you felt that way with previous staff.

I`ve never felt Club Staff were distant in anyway, but maybe the amount of time we spend in there makes a difference. This group just seemed to gel with each other which we have observed some haven`t over the years.

But, they are a super group.

Yep - all Masters of the Universe!! Reminds me of book Bonfire of the Vanities. I worked on Wall Street in the 80's - all true. LOL

lol......we had one man in a convention group in Margaritaville one year yelling over the top of us to the other side of the bar......we did enjoy putting him in his place.....in a very nice way of course, but he knew we thought he was a loudmouth with small man syndrome!

I`ve never seen that movie now I think on it........

Nope, nope and nope! No gators!

And yes, yes, yes! to that surf and turf dish! Looks amazing!

Thank you so much for the great ride explanation! In the past I have been able to do coasters (though not multiple times in a row!) but some simulators do me in. I appreciate all the time and detail you put into these reports.

lol....completely agree!

That dish is one of the first along with the Tuna Tiradito I`ll order in September......truly scrumptious!

No worries Cara......some of them just hit most folks and others it does depend, but at least if you have an idea of what some rides are like, you can decide for yourself if it`s worth the risk, or roll the dice and try some of them out. Happy to help 😊

I’m *finally* catching up! For some reason I e barely gotten a notification! I’ve double checked to make sure I’m watching this!

Carol my mother is even worse than you with sneezes-her record is something like 14 in a row/in succession.

So much FOOD it all looks divine.

Hell no to that alligator.

There are so many places we haven’t eaten in universal because sometimes they aren’t open! It’s crazy.

Shame to see Gramercy park needs some love.

Also weird to look at an empty building and no shrek!

Loving this report so far!

I’m *finally* catching up! For some reason I e barely gotten a notification! I’ve double checked to make sure I’m watching this!

Carol my mother is even worse than you with sneezes-her record is something like 14 in a row/in succession.

So much FOOD it all looks divine.

Hell no to that alligator.

There are so many places we haven’t eaten in universal because sometimes they aren’t open! It’s crazy.

Shame to see Gramercy park needs some love.

Also weird to look at an empty building and no shrek!

Loving this report so far!

lol....nice to see you back......life gets busy at times I know. And thank you, glad you`re enjoying it.

14 is a lot of sneezes, your poor mother!! It`s emabarrassing when it happens in public, especially when everyone is overly paranoid about any cough/sneeze now......

I don`t think we`ve ever not eaten because places were closed, it`s more timing, I think we`re in far too early then leave before lunch on some days.

Did you think Gramercy Park needed some love?? I thought it was beautiful, just spoiled by it being a smoking area when it`s so pretty. I know it`ll never happen but I`d love Universal and Loews to go completely smoke free........bliss for most folks.

Yes, knowing Shrek wasn`t coming back made us want to go on it......lol......that is one big building they have to play with now.....::yes::

lol......we had one man in a convention group in Margaritaville one year yelling over the top of us to the other side of the bar......we did enjoy putting him in his place.....in a very nice way of course, but he knew we thought he was a loudmouth with small man syndrome!

I`ve never seen that movie now I think on it........
I remember that guy from your report!!!

The movie was terrible but the book was excellent. Really captured a lot about how it was in the 80's.

Your VC photos are fantastic! That second launch into the top hat is really insane - so much power.

lol....nice to see you back......life gets busy at times I know. And thank you, glad you`re enjoying it.

14 is a lot of sneezes, your poor mother!! It`s emabarrassing when it happens in public, especially when everyone is overly paranoid about any cough/sneeze now......

I don`t think we`ve ever not eaten because places were closed, it`s more timing, I think we`re in far too early then leave before lunch on some days.

Did you think Gramercy Park needed some love?? I thought it was beautiful, just spoiled by it being a smoking area when it`s so pretty. I know it`ll never happen but I`d love Universal and Loews to go completely smoke free........bliss for most folks.

Yes, knowing Shrek wasn`t coming back made us want to go on it......lol......that is one big building they have to play with now.....::yes::
Yes my poor mom suffers greatly from allergies especially once the pollen starts coming off the trees!

It’s a shame the most we’ve spent at universal parks (minus volcano bay-we’ve done it but it’s unfair to include it in this in my opinion) is two days but we always seems to hit the same spots or really crowded times. Love our usual haunts but it would be nice to check out some others!

It could just be the time of year (especially since I’m so used to fall and HHN stuff being everywhere), but GP looked a little less like itself in your pictures. Again could be me. I’m used to HHN (although I have been to universal in May-just day trips only and constantly moving!)

I do hope with whatever comes in to where Shrek was is different and exciting! Rumor has it it’s going to be more of a walk through attraction mixed with what they have out in CA! Considering we are headed there this summer, I’m sure some of these rumors will make sense what I see what they have!

I remember that guy from your report!!!

The movie was terrible but the book was excellent. Really captured a lot about how it was in the 80's.

Your VC photos are fantastic! That second launch into the top hat is really insane - so much power.

He was a hoot!!

I must try and catch that movie at some point.

Thanks.....I`ll tell Tom.....oh that launch is simply stupendous!! I remember the first time when it started revving up and thinking....ooohhhhhhhh...then a very long and gutteral expletive :rotfl:

Yes my poor mom suffers greatly from allergies especially once the pollen starts coming off the trees!

It’s a shame the most we’ve spent at universal parks (minus volcano bay-we’ve done it but it’s unfair to include it in this in my opinion) is two days but we always seems to hit the same spots or really crowded times. Love our usual haunts but it would be nice to check out some others!

It could just be the time of year (especially since I’m so used to fall and HHN stuff being everywhere), but GP looked a little less like itself in your pictures. Again could be me. I’m used to HHN (although I have been to universal in May-just day trips only and constantly moving!)

I do hope with whatever comes in to where Shrek was is different and exciting! Rumor has it it’s going to be more of a walk through attraction mixed with what they have out in CA! Considering we are headed there this summer, I’m sure some of these rumors will make sense what I see what they have!

I have sympathy for your mum, allergies are awful. They don`t make me sneeze though, just get bunged up and itchy eyes, could be worse as some folks suffer terribly.

Oh you need to visit more often for sure.......yes, that park area is still as beautiful, when it`s empty of course.

Minion Dance experience is a possibility of course......:hyper2:

He was a hoot!!

I must try and catch that movie at some point.

Thanks.....I`ll tell Tom.....oh that launch is simply stupendous!! I remember the first time when it started revving up and thinking....ooohhhhhhhh...then a very long and gutteral expletive :rotfl:
Yup - first time was unbelievable!! You think it can't get much faster and then...

lol......I hear you! Don`t think I used so many "salty" words in years........:rolleyes1
Pretty sure I said all of the curse words I know on my 1st ride. All of them. And then I quit speaking any my SIL thought I'd passed out lol. Fortunately it was during a meetup so not a lot of kids. Idk that I'd have been able to stop it even I'd have been surrounded by little kids lol.

Pretty sure I said all of the curse words I know on my 1st ride. All of them. And then I quit speaking any my SIL thought I'd passed out lol. Fortunately it was during a meetup so not a lot of kids. Idk that I'd have been able to stop it even I'd have been surrounded by little kids lol.
You guys are funny. I was so breathless and was frantically trying to hold onto my lanyard and my flip flops!!! My first ride on it was less than ideal. LOL

I wouldn`t be able to either.....lol......

That`s funny as when the ride stopped the first time, Tom asked me urgently if I was ok as I looked stunned......but it was just how magnificent that ride had been.

So I can understand your SiL lol.......

You guys are funny. I was so breathless and was frantically trying to hold onto my lanyard and my flip flops!!! My first ride on it was less than ideal. LOL

That`s quite the hilarious image of you trying to enjoy the ride, breathe and save the lanyard and flip flops too.......:rotfl:

Kyle often says I don`t just sneeze once.....it`s usually 5 times, but this morning I think something just caught my nose and I was off.
For some reason I stopped getting notifications on your TR so I'm just catching up now! I always sneeze more than once :rotfl: it's very awkward in this time period lol
Someone had suggested we try him when I mentioned we were getting quotes of $4,000 some months back.
Omg that's a crazy price!
Anthony as is usual for him.......he`s a character and a half, always grabs our camera and takes a load of snaps around us, some I don`t know about till we upload them when we get home and tonight was no different........lol......
Josh loved Anthony! He said he never realized how many kinds of rum were out there until Anthony showed him what they had at Strongwater. He still talks about him all the time lol
The Tres Leche cake is light and fluffy and the meringue on top is heavenly.......then add in the almost condensed milk like sauce, you have the perfect dessert!!
That's what I'm getting when we go back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter