Fun, Sun & Strong Water Rum...*Yo-Ho*...23 Nights @ Sapphire Falls...A May 2022 TR

All caught up at last! Like so many others, I stopped getting notifications, so I got quite behind on your report. We recently got back from a week in Orlando and we had a wonderful time! We were celebrating our 25th anniversary and our daughters graduation, so we had lots of fun. I’m trying to talk my husband into a long weekend at universal for my birthday next month. I still want to ride Velocicoaster so badly!

Welcome back Andrea!!!

I`m so glad to hear you had such a fabulous trip......25th wedding anniversaries and graduations are certainly something to celebrate!

Oh I do hope you get back next month.....I`d love to hear you rode the Velocicoaster and birthday to celebrate too.

Hopefully with the new board update, notifications should be back to normal....

Good to see you........ :wave2:

This is the time when my life gets crazy busy and I often don't have time/forget to come back and comment after reading an update-sorry. I am loving the report.

It`s always good to see you whenever you can post.

Life does get so busy and you do often wonder where the time goes! It`s July next week.......:scared1:

Thank you for the lovely comments, and hope you`re doing good.......:wave2:

THURSDAY MAY 12TH

Woke up a few times during the night, got up and had some orange juice and watched the darkness for a while till I started to feel tired again. Finally got back to sleep around 5am, only to get up at 6 to get showered and ready. These beds are so comfortable, it`s the same at RP, we sleep incredibly well usually in them.

Today was completely onsite.......no plans to go offsite at all, which is unusual for us as we do like to wander around and that`s one of the reasons we`ll always have a car when we visit Orlando. It gives us the freedom to do what we want when we want. Folks use Uber a lot, but it`s never appealed to us.

Once we showered we began to walk over to RP and met Mr Beiderman who was heading over that way too, so we walked over and had a good old chat and catch up while we walked. He is such a nice man and is incredibly guest and staff minded, so many folks have nothing but praise for whenever they have met him.

We went our altering routes and we headed up to the lounge where Tom was going to enjoy a couple of glasses of fizzy this morning as there was no driving involved today........

cv2447-S.jpg

How happy is this guy!!!!

i-85ZfbSx-X2.jpg

We did enjoy this relaxing time in the morning, chatting and enjoying some food as we get ready for the day. The lounge is a lovely space to relax in or out of food hours too, we often come and sit if we`re doing laundry or just have some time to kill, usually late afternoon for us, but it is fairly quiet most of the time when they`re not serving food. And of the lounge does have the nicest staff around.......

We popped donwstairs to say hello to Rob from Bell services for a chat as we said we would, he was with guests but we did get to chat to Milton who joined Loews last year and is just a complete gentleman. We met him at Christmas and thought he was just so lovely. So we caught up with him and then Rob appeared so we got to catch up with both of them which is always nice.

We then headed off to walk to IOA and boy another scorching day for us and this was bliss!!!! Down side is, I looked like I had been dragged through a hedge backwards and I hadn`t even got to the park yet! It was hot.

We used the AP entrance again this morning and again, it was deserted, but we were a little later again this morning, no idea on the time but we do find our chatting does keep us busy most days........

Heading into IOA is one of our favourite things to do in the parks....maybe not the favourite thing, but it is such a gorgeous area with so many little things to notice too....and the music is iconic and when you hear it you know exactly where you are....except at Christmas when the music is very festive and feels right somehow for the time of the year.......now I`m hearing Feliz Navdad in my head????

i-JLkCxX3-X2.jpg

i-M2TXPjZ-X2.jpg

We always love the little details in the parks and these super cool little love doves sitting high atop the side of one of the buildings....cute.

i-3VsVqNg-X2.jpg

I don`t care what anyone says, this park is beautiful. It is lush with all the greenery around every area and can be as pretty as any park in Orlando 😉

i-6V3ZxBF-X2.jpg

Our first stop is usually down to look over the lagoon and admire that behemoth of a coaster that has changed the visual of the park forever.......it is certainly a coaster that is eye catching over any other and we just cannot wait to ride it again today.

i-CCHn6jD-X2.jpg

Slightly different from how it looked in 2014.

i-3qFJhrP-XL.jpg

My wonderful husband..........💞

i-8bTw5DJ-X2.jpg

I still wasn`t keen on the Dr Doom ride without the extra belt, but they had made it so it seemed to have an additional click when you pulled the harness down, so I guessed it was of course safe........lol.......my brain does go into overdrive at times!

i-ZKQ2L2x-X2.jpg

There was barely a person on the ride this morning so we headed into the regular line instead of the EP, something we barely do, but every so often we do wander through the regular lines just for pictures or because we haven`t done it in a while, it`s fun if there is no one around.....if it`s busy we got our asps in the EP line!!!

We do like this line, it is quite different to the EP line in which you see nothing as you just veer to the right and climb a set of stairs and you`re there.......so this is one line outside of Potter where I would go through the regular line once and again.

i-CXdDQcv-X2.jpg

i-TrBSD7g-X2.jpg

It was completely deserted in here.

i-5LVGXhg-X2.jpg

This is the one ride in the park that Tom often says is the scariest ride in the park since day one......and I think the accident at Icon Park made us think twice about this ride, but as horrible as that was, we knew safety had been ignored down there. Here, we did trust Universal with safety......so on we went.

It was fun I have to say.......this ride is short, but, so much fun....you can see for miles when you get up there and it does depend which side you are on which view you get. We did only do this twice this morning, as we wanted to get round to VC.

i-5pX93S2-X2.jpg

i-ZjsfscC-X2.jpg

The safe rattles and shakes above the getaway car.......tiny little bit of cool theming.

i-d2Dj9hK-X2.jpg

i-Jx6M6Tm-X2.jpg

i-C6dZ2mG-X2.jpg

i-D5HX8Tx-X2.jpg

i-jVhQnJn-X2.jpg

Capt America is a bit of a hunk too.......we had a great meet and greet with him in Dec 2019 and became quite a hit with us.......of course he`ll never be Spider-Man.......:charac4:

i-vhRGL8L-X2.jpg

We wandered through the cartoon area and headed down to spend some time behind Me Ship the Olive.........

i-HsWRJ6F-X2.jpg

i-H8Ws4Gq-X2.jpg

i-8CcsbT2-X2.jpg

This is another area that is so bright and colourful and full of fun, but the water rides in this area, Bluto and Ripsaw Falls will have you completely drenched.....not just soaked, you will be like a drowned rat. On a very hot day of course this is a blessing!!

Usually we have an afternoon where we do all the water rides one after the other until we are fed up.......and I can guarantee there are no cameras around on those days!!! Once we are done we head the short walk back to the hotel and that`s usually us done with those rides.

i-gDchLS4-X2.jpg

Tom blames me for this place being so busy now...yes, of course it is.......lol....but, there never used to be anyone down there up until about maybe 4 or 5 years ago, then there were suddenly more people around.

We can spend hours standing here watching folks get soaked and the best ones are the unsuspecting ones who have no idea this huge deluge of water is about to drench them....or at least the unlucky two or three who are directly hit by it.....while everyone else in the boat howls with laughter and relief it`s not them.

We`ve seen folks laugh and some laugh while inwardly seething they were the ones to get hit......one girl of around 10 burst into tears with rage, and I`m sorry, but it was the funniest thing ever and I almost burst a lung laughing as she seethed and yelled at her entire boat........:rotfl:

i-fpzFJpX-X2.jpg

i-7vKRth3-X2.jpg

i-bBK7mrQ-X2.jpg

Then of course you have the fun of being squirted by the lovely folks on top of the ship itself.....this won`t drench you, but it will hit you a little, maybe annoy you if you`re 10 of course.......lol.....

i-F6wxPXN-X2.jpg

Although I`m not a fan of Mythos generally (will try it again at some point) it is however a very beautiful building inside and out. Love the theming with this one.

i-hmkFvf5-X2.jpg

More to follow........🙂

We always avoid Ripsaw Falls unless it`s a wet ride afternoon.......it`s a really good ride, good drop and you do get soaked. The downside of this ride is the ride verhicle. Even the skinniest or most agile of folks can have problems getting in and out of the boat.

There is a way of doing it that makes it easier, you have to kind of slide in before you sit down, but getting out is all in the strength of your wrists.....mine are weak as a kittens, so it`s not fun at all.

It`s a difficult ride vehicle for most folks, so if you`re larger it is awkward, there is no doubt, but if you can ride it, it`s worth it as the drop is fabulous!!

i-BtMbK4C-X2.jpg

i-Lmh3xB2-X2.jpg

We bypass Kong again today, it`s an alright ride, it does have a very good animatronic at the end of it, but the ride itself is a one and done per trip for us. The EP line misses a lot, but it`s not the greatest line you`d take just to see everything.....we did love it when the SA were in that line.......so funny, but we love getting scared, not much fun for folks that don`t. And it did put some folks off riding it knowing they could possibly pop out of the wall at you.

The ride is a large vehicle where you have lots of rows of people, and once or twice they tried to fit in far too many folks into a row which is slightly unpleasant depending on who you are sitting beside......but it`s a decent little ride and a little gory......one tip.......keep your mouth closed at some of the inside parts!!!

i-r2NvS9r-X2.jpg

We head straight for the Velocicoaster now......we were excited to ride it again and we wandered forward a little worried as we heard someone say in the passing the line was ridiculous.......oh dear.

I don`t know what they classed as ridiculous, but it was only showing 40 minutes, so we hopped on and waited in the line. It moved fairly quickly, but then we had a 10 minute pause, which wasn`t too bad.....we just didn`t want them to announce they were closing the ride for any length of time. But, we kept moving and it was maybe the full 40 minutes to get on, would have been less without the down time.

A couple two in front of us asked for the back row, then someone else asked for the row in front of them, so we were two rows from the back this time which wasn`t the worst place to be and soon I was clinging on for dear life......and we haven`t even left yet.......🥴

As soon as thing is off......you know you are off!!! The sheer speed and airtime are simply fabulous. There`s nothing quite like it in any other ride in the parks and we wish we could ride this one again and again without a wait. Surely this will have EP soon!!!

All the way round you are on a complete high.....the exhileration you experience is phenomenal and again, the airtime is something special!! Until you experience it, you have no idea!! That top hat part is when you experience sheer euphoria as it revs up for all it`s worth to get you over the top.....that whoomph as you are propelled upwards and over is spectacular!!!

Even though it is a decent length of ride, it ends too quickly....we could keep going all day on this!

Hair again when we come off is crazy wild!!! But....I do see a lovely young lady who doesn`t even look like she has one single strand of her long hair out of place.......lucky her!

I want to go to the bathroom.....so we head into the Visitors Centre......these bathrooms again, used to be deserted, I actually had to line up outside to get in today......highly unusual.

Tom meanwhile had wandered out into the balcony of Burger Digs for some pictures.

Food never looks appealing from here, but we did like the views.

i-rvhLF6w-X2.jpg

i-V7MVKMp-X2.jpg

i-GBhkBtk-X2.jpg

I had never noticed this dinosaur before today :blush:

i-R8dt97x-X2.jpg

Wandering into Hogsmeade, it`s always busy......and today was no exception. It was so busy....we wouldn`t be hanging around for any length of time today.

i-Vj4p5v5-X2.jpg

i-J3fTvW4-X2.jpg

We didn`t mooch around for long today, didn`t go on FJ either which we regretted, but we headed to get the train over to Studios. As we passed the line for Hagrid`s it was all the way down to beyond the train station and I`m sure it was to the Fountain....no way in heck would we wait for that!! Everyone looked hot and bothered as there is just no shade for a lot of their wait.

Today as it was practically deserted we walked through the full line for the Hogwarts Express.....I`d forgotten how long it was! But, being in the shade was nice.

i-L6mKC8C-X2.jpg

It was busier when we got to line up for the train itself, and the carriages were full. I did smile as apart from Tom and I, every person in our carriage was looking at their phones as soon as they sat down. I suppose for some it is just a way of getting from A to B.

I think in the last few years we have got better at taking selfies with a real camera........well Tom is better at them..........

I`m not allowed to take them..........☺️

i-t2DtxMF-X2.jpg

Why you may ask............

cv2396-S.jpg

::yes::

We got off the train and boy was it blazing hot once we were out in the sunshine........and straight for our usual seat at the bar of Chez Alcatraz.......a truly hidden in plain sight type of place........it doesn`t have a huge cocktail menu, but they are all tasty and the bar staff here are always top notch!

Loved the Jaws ride, love the movie and like the memorabilia all around us in this park, including some cute little pieces from many folks over the years.

i-WxtvDpG-X2.jpg

Today we had Zach who is real character and he is funny....I know sometimes folks think they are funny but they aren`t.....this guy does make us laugh and when you get chatting to him is a very nice man.

We don`t ask for the Ocean Attack.....but if you do you`ll get a real shark attack to go with your drink! Tends to be a lot of younger women ordering this........

Tom ordered the Bruce, which is Tequila based and it was very nice......

i-Ljxnfz9-X2.jpg

I as usual opted for the SF Bay Breeze, this one is rum based with cranberry and pineapple and they do very good pours here! It is a very fruity and tasty drink.

i-bhxSqW3-X2.jpg

Tom was snapping some pictures as we sat in the relative cool of being under cover and one young lady decided she wanted to be more than just background........lol.....

Not really a photobomb.....but good enough! We do like a good photobomber on here!!!

i-TjGG3kc-X2.jpg

One drink was enough, but we had enjoyed our little break from the heat sipping on a cocktail and more than once we admitted that this was indeed the life!!! Sitting in our favourite place, sipping cocktails in 90F heat with the sun blazing down.....it doesn`t get much better. But eventually acceeded it was time to go and not get another of these gorgeous drinks.

As we headed out the park, this old mean machine passed us.......always a good show to watch, but my godness that thing stank to high heavens!! But what a corker of a car........nothing quite like a classic!

i-kf5BrHh-X2.jpg

We wanted to eat lunch in Margaritaville today. Over the years this place has been a hit or a miss, latterly a hit I`m glad to say. It`s not the most adventurous of menu`s, but something for everyone I`d say and covers most folks choices.

The store is somewhere I think a lot of their products reside in my home somewhere.....especially the kitchen. I have to admit that I do have a soft spot for Jimmy Buffet. Before we visited Orlando for the first time in 2007, I had never heard of him........but he does seem to put on a good show.

i-whbrh2x-X2.jpg

Yes, I did buy this teeshirt......not intentionally for myself of course, but I seem to have forgotten to give it to the person for whom it was originally bought for. Oops.

i-VPBD3kP-X2.jpg

Someone wanted a new water bottle for when we walk in the mornings....not sure showing a beer on the bottle was the best idea considering we walk usually around 7am! He`ll get talked about from the other folks walking I`m sure..........🤣

i-6h3QZvB-X2.jpg

The place looked fairly quiet so we thought we should get a table fairly easy, which we did.....another success with no reservation. And it wasn`t a bad table and we had a very nice lady looking after us who didn`t have to wait too long to take our drinks order......I was having my favourite drink from there.......Blackberry Margarita......nicest drink for me in here. She did remark I was certainly someone who knew what she wanted......Tom retorted she had obviously met me before.......lol......

i-gHV3KDv-X2.jpg

Tom wanted a frozen drink so he went for the Who`s to Blame........not one I`m very fond of but as I was reminded with a huge grin......it wasn`t for me! Ok then..........

i-bhr8Mf8-X2.jpg

The music in here is always good.......so we`re happy to sit and listen to it while we peruse our menu and chat the time away.

i-vPsccQf-S.gif

Our waitress gives us plenty of time to choose as we genuinely don`t know what we want today. Last time we were here I had the mahi sandwich and it was gorgeous, but I wanted something different today, so opted for the Southern Stack Burger.......which was the burger with pulled pork and onion rings, with side salad and of course honey mustard dressing.......

i-77cZW56-X2.jpg

Tom always orders the Beach Club sandwich with fries, has done for years and this time said he was determined not to order the same thing again, but wanted to go for something different. I did say three times he`d end up with the Beach Club sandwich.........I know my husband, so after 20 minutes of coming up with every alternative there was that he liked (everything) ......😴

Here`s what Tom`s ended up choosing in the end.........

Beach Club sandwich with fries.........🤭

i-PbGd7LH-X2.jpg

i-r59L9Pf-S.gif

I was quite smug being correct in my observations!

This sandwich is huge. Completely massive and we could easily share, but I`m not overly fond of sandwiches in general. Tom however loves it. And today was no different, the food was so good.

Burger was well cooked and the pulled pork was very nice, I didn`t eat the onion rings, but someone told me they are very nice.

Tom`s sandwich was filling.....very filling!!! But he practically cleared his plate, except for the fries which he barely touched as it was just too much. Portions here are exceptional and again we were glad we had chosen to come back here again.

More to follow.........

Down side is, I looked like I had been dragged through a hedge backwards and I hadn`t even got to the park yet! It was hot.
Apparently, it’s a thing! Lololol you do yourself a disservice, always look so well put together in the parks.

1656108319637.gif

We always love the little details in the parks and these super cool little love doves sitting high atop the side of one of the buildings....cute.
Every trip report I see something I’ve managed to overlook!

I think the origianl one is still my favourite. There was another brand around for the longest time, it was called Carolans and it was creamier tasting than Bailey`s.....seems to gone the way of the dodo
Just getting caught up! Took a few days to visit my brother in Nova Scotia. He and his husband bought a beautiful house right on a bay on the Atlantic. Gorgeous!

I did steady nights for 10 years while I was still a floor duty nurse. On the weekend I would come home and Andrew would have coffee made. A healthy splash of Baileys helped me sleep 😊.

We can still get Carolan’s here in Ontario. I agree it is creamier

Finally got to ride Dudley Do Right last year and it was so much fun but we got so soaked! Our neighbors purposely didn’t tell us how wet we will get and it’s so worth it to not tell people how wet they will get because it allows for the ride to be a bit of a surprise

Apparently, it’s a thing! Lololol you do yourself a disservice, always look so well put together in the parks.

View attachment 679046

Every trip report I see something I’ve managed to overlook!

lol......thank you! I don`t always feel it.......once the hair goes awry and my face is beetroot red, I avoid bathroom mirrors then!!!

Oh goodness there are hundreds we have missed.....I have been told of several little things since we came home from someone who works for Universal that we had no idea were there......I need to start a list for next time!!! The little touches make all the difference.

Just getting caught up! Took a few days to visit my brother in Nova Scotia. He and his husband bought a beautiful house right on a bay on the Atlantic. Gorgeous!

I did steady nights for 10 years while I was still a floor duty nurse. On the weekend I would come home and Andrew would have coffee made. A healthy splash of Baileys helped me sleep 😊.

We can still get Carolan’s here in Ontario. I agree it is creamier
Oh lordy that sounds a stunning place to live! Nova Scotia looks absolutely beautiful and I hear the nicest folks live there.......:) I hope they`re very happy living there, and it`s nice to be able to go visit too!!

You can still get Carolans? I need to go look and see if we can get it and I`ve just missed it somewhere.

That must have been a tough job and doing nights all that time too is a big change to anyone`s lifestyle. My sister retired last January after nursing all her days, she started when she was 15 way back when you just went to train to be a nurse......yes, sounds like the dark ages now!! No degrees needed then. She loved being a nurse in various departments finishing up in surgical recovery and trauma. She worried about missing it.....soon as she retired she is loving it I`m glad to say.

Glad you`re all caught up 🙂

Finally got to ride Dudley Do Right last year and it was so much fun but we got so soaked! Our neighbors purposely didn’t tell us how wet we will get and it’s so worth it to not tell people how wet they will get because it allows for the ride to be a bit of a surprise

lol.....we love to see those surprised reactions watching folks as they see that deluge ahead.....even funnier when they don`t if their back is towards it.......lol......

It is fun!!

We were stuffed from lunch! Some folks don`t like Margaritaville and of course each to their own, but for simple dishes done well this is one of the better places to eat in Citywalk. I think Vivo tops them all to be honest despite not being an Italian fan, it has always impressed us so much. But, for M`Ville, food is good. We do miss the larger menu they used to have many years ago, and the nachos is half the size it used to be when you compare pictures form when we got the loaded nachos back in 2010 I think it was. Don`t get me wrong it`s still a decent size......but somewhat less than it used to be.

The Legacy Store is in an interesting one for fans of older movies, lots of memorabilia as well as merchandise from older movies like ET and BTTF. They do have some cute little items to buy.

i-Rsv9F4b-X2.jpg

We love old pictures from the movies Universal have made over the years.....the old horror classics especially, but as well as them, seeing scenes from Jaws and the like being made were so interesting too. There are several places around the parks that have these engaging pictures from many years ago....I don`t like to think how many years ago Jaws was made!!!

i-ZFtR3g3-X2.jpg

i-vkj5RTT-X2.jpg

I also didn`t realise how much Lucy and Desi Arnez had to do with Universal movies and also developed shows like Star Trek, Mission Impossible and Mannix through their production company. Reading up on the history of the Parks and movie industry is compelling reading for sure. And again, little props around from their time at Universal.

i-r8MsjFb-X2.jpg

i-4djspzc-X2.jpg

i-hggPHRV-X2.jpg

After we had looked through both stores in Citywalk and yes, picked up a few items including a Spider-Gwen mug.......quite small but very girly and the face appears when the mug gets hot, I like it a small mug now and again.

The boat took around 10 minutes to arrive today, but we were in no rush to get home, so we waited in the sunshine, well, we stood under the fan until one arrived and it is always nice to sit in the cool breeze as we enjoy that short boat ride back home again. I think we almost had the boat to ourselves again today.

i-9nvMQxH-X2.jpg

We had arranged to chat to Kyle on facetime when we got back in today, so sent him a message to say we were back in the hotel, and a few minutes later he called us and we could catch up. He was so happy as he only had one day left this week and next week to work too then he`d be finished in this job......so he was beaming and counting down the days!!! He was doing great and busy, so we only chatted for 15 minutes or so then he was off.

I sent off a few emails and then realising it was a little later than usual, we set off to walk to the Club Lounge.

It was busy tonight, really busy, so we got ourselves settled at a table and one of the lovely young ladies brought us a glass of red each and we watched the world go by a little.

We had tried the Beef Bulogi stir fry last week and although it was nice, it wasn`t very stir fry like, it was more like a casserole, so feedback had been given by staff and tonight Lindsey asked if we would try it and see what we thought.........

i-NMcJtcL-X2.jpg

We loved it.

I have to say, that dish was one of the nicest we had ever eaten in the lounge. It was very much like a stir fry and full of flavour. Being honest, we had been beginning to feel a little hungry so we rather unusually helped ourselves to a plate each and we really enjoyed it. I did add Tabasco to mine, but nothing unusual there....I like spicy!

We did have 2 small plates of this beef dish and some salad......and now we wouldn`t be eating dinner out tonight! We were full up.....finally!

It was lovely in the lounge tonight again, we chatted to several folks over the couple of hours we were in there which is always a nice experience. We didn`t rush away and stayed to chat to Lindsey for a while and arranged to meet her in the park tomorrow to do the Horror Make up Show together......we all loved that show and as she was going to be in the park we would meet up for a little while before she went to work.

Eventually we set off to walk back to Sapphire.

We didn`t feel like going into Citywalk or one of the parks tonight, so we meandered into Strong Water.......where else!

Tonight we opted to have a table instead of sitting at the bar.....we were feeling a little sloth like after such a large meal........so we sat down and Maggie wasn`t in tonight, so we had Manny looking after us. We know him of course, but he said to us tonight he had never once taken care of us.......and he was right. It was usually Maggie unless we sat at the bar and had Lenny and co look after us. We did like Manny too, but we do like everyone in there, it really is an amazing bar with some fabulous people.

Tom popped out as there was no one sitting out there tonight. We do like sitting out on the balcony, but you can smoke out there, so we choose not to go out and eat where folks are smoking.....not nice for us. But, it is lovely.

i-Lkj7tgs-X2.jpg

i-jvXGM3x-X2.jpg

i-nBdKnnD-X2.jpg

i-Lkj7tgs-X2.jpg

Our favourite guy Lenny had told everyone else tonight he was in fact leaving Strong Water. He had been talking for a while about several things, but to hear it was finally happening, well, it was ultra sad to us. Along with Fernando and Maggie, he IS Strong Water Bar!! But, we also wanted him to be happy. So of course we wished him well and he reminded us we`ll still see him outside of work when we visit.....which will be lovely.

Since then he has decided he`ll be in SW one night a month which we were happy to hear. He is just the coolest guy, a lot of fun and he really knows his rums and every other drink under the sun! His last night here would be the same night as our last night, we`d make sure we were in those nights.

We had ordered a bottle of red wine, no cocktails tonight, but we did order dessert a bit later, much later when we realised the time.

Time passes faster than light in here. Everyone is so lovely and you do have a wonderful evening chatting to everyone as the evenings progress.

Tom ordered the Chocolate Cake again and I went for the fairly small but oh so tasty Coconut Flan.......

i-JMj3dMq-X2.jpg

i-6Rvcrbn-X2.jpg

It was again, later than planned we left the bar. We managed to get a good chat with Lenny which was lovely. So, I did feel a bit better about him leaving after that, you know when you know something is coming but just don`t want to hear it?? That was us with Lenny, don`t want to think of him not being there.

We said our goodnights which were infamously described once as being like Frank Sinatra goodbye tours.......never ending.......lol.......well, we wouldn`t like to miss anyone out!!

But, back to our suite soon enough and we chilled a little but it was late and it wasn`t long till we hopped into bed absolutely shattered tonight.

More park time tomorrow...........

I had been watering some of my plants in my (if I say so) gorgeous backyard and was just enjoying the sunshine and thinking I'll make DH and I some cocktails and we'll go in the pool - and all of that reminded me that I needed to check if Carole posted!!! The way you and Tom just enjoy BEING is how DH and I like to go with the flow and just enjoy. I am absolutely loving your report!!!!

I had been watering some of my plants in my (if I say so) gorgeous backyard and was just enjoying the sunshine and thinking I'll make DH and I some cocktails and we'll go in the pool - and all of that reminded me that I needed to check if Carole posted!!! The way you and Tom just enjoy BEING is how DH and I like to go with the flow and just enjoy. I am absolutely loving your report!!!!
We were stuffed from lunch! Some folks don`t like Margaritaville and of course each to their own, but for simple dishes done well this is one of the better places to eat in Citywalk. I think Vivo tops them all to be honest despite not being an Italian fan, it has always impressed us so much. But, for M`Ville, food is good. We do miss the larger menu they used to have many years ago, and the nachos is half the size it used to be when you compare pictures form when we got the loaded nachos back in 2010 I think it was. Don`t get me wrong it`s still a decent size......but somewhat less than it used to be.

The Legacy Store is in an interesting one for fans of older movies, lots of memorabilia as well as merchandise from older movies like ET and BTTF. They do have some cute little items to buy.

i-Rsv9F4b-X2.jpg

We love old pictures from the movies Universal have made over the years.....the old horror classics especially, but as well as them, seeing scenes from Jaws and the like being made were so interesting too. There are several places around the parks that have these engaging pictures from many years ago....I don`t like to think how many years ago Jaws was made!!!

i-ZFtR3g3-X2.jpg

i-vkj5RTT-X2.jpg

I also didn`t realise how much Lucy and Desi Arnez had to do with Universal movies and also developed shows like Star Trek, Mission Impossible and Mannix through their production company. Reading up on the history of the Parks and movie industry is compelling reading for sure. And again, little props around from their time at Universal.

i-r8MsjFb-X2.jpg

i-4djspzc-X2.jpg

i-hggPHRV-X2.jpg

After we had looked through both stores in Citywalk and yes, picked up a few items including a Spider-Gwen mug.......quite small but very girly and the face appears when the mug gets hot, I like it a small mug now and again.

The boat took around 10 minutes to arrive today, but we were in no rush to get home, so we waited in the sunshine, well, we stood under the fan until one arrived and it is always nice to sit in the cool breeze as we enjoy that short boat ride back home again. I think we almost had the boat to ourselves again today.

i-9nvMQxH-X2.jpg

We had arranged to chat to Kyle on facetime when we got back in today, so sent him a message to say we were back in the hotel, and a few minutes later he called us and we could catch up. He was so happy as he only had one day left this week and next week to work too then he`d be finished in this job......so he was beaming and counting down the days!!! He was doing great and busy, so we only chatted for 15 minutes or so then he was off.

I sent off a few emails and then realising it was a little later than usual, we set off to walk to the Club Lounge.

It was busy tonight, really busy, so we got ourselves settled at a table and one of the lovely young ladies brought us a glass of red each and we watched the world go by a little.

We had tried the Beef Bulogi stir fry last week and although it was nice, it wasn`t very stir fry like, it was more like a casserole, so feedback had been given by staff and tonight Lindsey asked if we would try it and see what we thought.........

i-NMcJtcL-X2.jpg

We loved it.

I have to say, that dish was one of the nicest we had ever eaten in the lounge. It was very much like a stir fry and full of flavour. Being honest, we had been beginning to feel a little hungry so we rather unusually helped ourselves to a plate each and we really enjoyed it. I did add Tabasco to mine, but nothing unusual there....I like spicy!

We did have 2 small plates of this beef dish and some salad......and now we wouldn`t be eating dinner out tonight! We were full up.....finally!

It was lovely in the lounge tonight again, we chatted to several folks over the couple of hours we were in there which is always a nice experience. We didn`t rush away and stayed to chat to Lindsey for a while and arranged to meet her in the park tomorrow to do the Horror Make up Show together......we all loved that show and as she was going to be in the park we would meet up for a little while before she went to work.

Eventually we set off to walk back to Sapphire.

We didn`t feel like going into Citywalk or one of the parks tonight, so we meandered into Strong Water.......where else!

Tonight we opted to have a table instead of sitting at the bar.....we were feeling a little sloth like after such a large meal........so we sat down and Maggie wasn`t in tonight, so we had Manny looking after us. We know him of course, but he said to us tonight he had never once taken care of us.......and he was right. It was usually Maggie unless we sat at the bar and had Lenny and co look after us. We did like Manny too, but we do like everyone in there, it really is an amazing bar with some fabulous people.

Tom popped out as there was no one sitting out there tonight. We do like sitting out on the balcony, but you can smoke out there, so we choose not to go out and eat where folks are smoking.....not nice for us. But, it is lovely.

i-Lkj7tgs-X2.jpg

i-jvXGM3x-X2.jpg

i-nBdKnnD-X2.jpg

i-Lkj7tgs-X2.jpg

Our favourite guy Lenny had told everyone else tonight he was in fact leaving Strong Water. He had been talking for a while about several things, but to hear it was finally happening, well, it was ultra sad to us. Along with Fernando and Maggie, he IS Strong Water Bar!! But, we also wanted him to be happy. So of course we wished him well and he reminded us we`ll still see him outside of work when we visit.....which will be lovely.

Since then he has decided he`ll be in SW one night a month which we were happy to hear. He is just the coolest guy, a lot of fun and he really knows his rums and every other drink under the sun! His last night here would be the same night as our last night, we`d make sure we were in those nights.

We had ordered a bottle of red wine, no cocktails tonight, but we did order dessert a bit later, much later when we realised the time.

Time passes faster than light in here. Everyone is so lovely and you do have a wonderful evening chatting to everyone as the evenings progress.

Tom ordered the Chocolate Cake again and I went for the fairly small but oh so tasty Coconut Flan.......

i-JMj3dMq-X2.jpg

i-6Rvcrbn-X2.jpg

It was again, later than planned we left the bar. We managed to get a good chat with Lenny which was lovely. So, I did feel a bit better about him leaving after that, you know when you know something is coming but just don`t want to hear it?? That was us with Lenny, don`t want to think of him not being there.

We said our goodnights which were infamously described once as being like Frank Sinatra goodbye tours.......never ending.......lol.......well, we wouldn`t like to miss anyone out!!

But, back to our suite soon enough and we chilled a little but it was late and it wasn`t long till we hopped into bed absolutely shattered tonight.

More park time tomorrow...........
We love M'Ville and make it a point to eat there at least once every trip. Vivo is definitely a fave, love the piccata. On the trip with just DD and I the margarita threw me for a quite a loop and I was very drunk. LOL

How exciting for Kyle!!!

I'm sure you'll have the chance to catch up with Lenny, but definitely sad to see him go from your favorite place.

We love M'Ville and make it a point to eat there at least once every trip. Vivo is definitely a fave, love the piccata. On the trip with just DD and I the margarita threw me for a quite a loop and I was very drunk. LOL

How exciting for Kyle!!!

I'm sure you'll have the chance to catch up with Lenny, but definitely sad to see him go from your favorite place.

Aww thank you! We love being a couple and genuinely do spend almost every moment together....it`s very rare we are apart unless it`s to meet friends seperately, and even then they`re usually shared friends......lol......

I`m glad to hear you are the same with your DH, it`s the perfect way to be.....go with the flow is also a good way to live life. I have to say I`m loving the sound of your lovely garden, pool and cocktails with your DH.......that is living!!!

lol.....those guys are good pourers in M`ville!! One sometimes is enough! Yes, I think as far as Citywalk goes, Vivo is up there as the best.....and I love the chicken piccata from there!!

Yes, it was so exciting with Kyle looking forward to his new job, you could just hear it in his voice never mind seeing his face!

I`m so glad you are enjoying it....... ☺️

FRIDAY 13TH MAY

i-rkmnNn8-S.gif

Yep, Friday the 13th!!

Not a day that freaks me out, but we do know folks that do have a thing about that date and are glad to see the day end with no mishaps! The 13th has always been lucky for me so far. But, it is one of those days for some folks.......

We again, were up early this morning and we were over at RP as we had to grab Rob from Bell services for a few minutes, and also chatted to Milton for a few moments too. These guys really know how to look after guests.

Up for breakfast and the lounge wasn`t too busy this morning, I think a lot of folks had left for EE, so we missed the crowds I think. Breakfast was nice as usual, I had my, what was now becoming an everyday treat 🤭 2 glasses of champagne......and very nice they were too!

We chatted some and then went down for the boat as we were going to the Studios this morning. We were meeting Lindsey later to do the Horror Make Show together, something she loves as much as we do, but that wasn`t till mid morning.

I can`t remember if we waited long for a boat or not this morning, but I do know it was a full boat and as happens at least once every single trip......someone thinks it`s a good idea to try and sit on what will become the outer part of the boat door!!! It`s so funny and so obvious when it`s pointed out to folks........and this trip it happened around 4 or 5 times, usually it`s just once.

i-w8cKwX9-X2.jpg

It was another roaster of a day ahead for us and would top 96F and it felt like it already this morning.......we got off the boat and headed up to the Studios where again, Tom got through the gates with no issues. I think we had solved his problem.

We tend to wander through the Universal store in the mornings, not just because it`s cool, which it is, but we just like to eye up some merchandise too.

They have the fudge counter as soon as you walk in......now, we really don`t like fudge very much, for me it`s just too sweet, but they did have some new flavours since we last looked. And they did sound nice I have to say. We do on occasion have some Butterbeer fudge, weird as we don`t like Butterbeer, but it is quite nice.

We didn`t buy any as we probably wouldn`t eat it, but my goodness that salted caramel looked gorgeous!!

i-8RJDrhf-X2.jpg

i-hpCwZJw-X2.jpg

i-9bHQ5RS-X2.jpg

Minions already had a regular line of 50 minutes, but with EP it was a walk on.

I just don`t like it the same as when it was 3D. It never made me feel nauseated before, but there is something now that is just slightly off for me. It is a cute ride though.....

i-N3kfJMS-X2.jpg

i-9mV3HFc-X2.jpg

Yep, going to be a hot one...........

i-F7PsDT9-X2.jpg

Tom went on RRR despite saying he wasn`t going to ride it again this trip, but it was quiet and the Express line was non existent and he got the front and said it wasn`t as bad as before and did I want to go on it. I wasn`t sure as it can knock you for the day........but I did and was dreading it as I walked towards the ride vehicle.

Started off is good, we get the front row.......167 foot hill climb which I love, and first drop are fabulous..........over the loop that`s not really a loop is also fine....then it gets a bit rougher after the part where you drop and come out near the Tribute store...........

i-6Nqrc8q-S.gif

Never again.

I really am done with this one now.........that last part really rattles you to your core. I`m sure some are fine with it, but this old brain just can`t deal with that rattling aorund on rough coasters anymore.

I`m glad I recovered fairly fast, no residual headache or nausea after the first few minutes. We had a very lovely young lady I was ok as I exited the ride.....she checked if I needed some more help, I said I`d go get some water and would be fine. And I was, we got some water and a candy bar and I was fine after that....water and sugar.....the fix everything solution!

What`s annoying is, I really like the ride, but it`s not worth feeling bad for a while afterwards. Thank goodness we have Velocicoaster.

It`s also starting to look more pink in colour than the vibrant red it once was when it opened in 2009.

i-9WfR88x-X2.jpg

i-rJh2N3M-X2.jpg

I hate to repeat......well, I don`t ☺️ ......but this is such a pretty park and this little area is lovely.

i-NKTvNZp-X2.jpg

And a little deserted this morning too!!

We bypass Jimmy Fallon everytime too.....just not for us at all.

Although we were missing The Mummy a lot this trip, not doing the Minions anymore and now with RRR not being an option anymore for me, this was the highlight of this area now. And it was closed.

Roll on September, it`ll be open by then for sure.........

i-Bp9kpnt-X2.jpg

i-qTjt24m-X2.jpg

It`s strange seeing so many things boarded up in the one area, but it`s all for upgrades so don`t mind seeing them. But, usually there aren`t as many boardings up around the parks.

i-qtGT7jT-X2.jpg

i-cxDhqcb-X2.jpg

Today we planned to go into do Gringotts and nothing else.......but couldn`t resist the back of the bus picture.......

i-rzqPxMG-X2.jpg

i-zQLWhGx-X2.jpg

We went in and Gringotts had one heck of a line today.......so even EP was going to be a long wait this morning, we`d pass and give it a go another day. It`s not the greatest ride around, but it is fun and we do like to ride it. And the lines are quite decent to see too.....we just didn`t feel like waiting this morning.

Diagon Alley was fairly busy considering how quiet the rest of the park is.

Coming back outside we just can`t believe the heat already........we`ve visited several times in May, and this had been the busiest and the warmest so far.

I loved this picture of Kreacher........

i-LKPzFRX-X2.jpg

It wasn`t long till we were meeting Lindsey, so we had time for a couple of rides on MiB.......Tom and Kyle love this ride and take massive pride in getting good scores!

I couldn`t give a rats patootie about shooting games......I think you have to have a competitive streak in you to have a desire to win here......I guess I don`t have that!!

i-H8X8BXm-X2.jpg

I just go along for the ride! However it is fun I have to admit today, and although I did try a little today to shoot whatever it is you`re shooting at, I wasn`t very good. Tom was pleased with his score, but kinda glanced at me wondering why I wasn`t better at this type of thing........lol.......

i-P8Wtm74-Th.gif

I did try......a little :rolleyes1

More to come...........

It is always sad when you realize you are too old for a ride or on your trip it is a one and done ( for me, realizing Verbolten at Busch Gardens Williamsburg had become a do only once on a trip ride was sad but understandable-plus Apollos chariot, Invadr and Griffin are all still amazing rides that I can repeat a few times a day!).

I do have to admit though I have never done RRR-not because I haven't wanted to, but as Craig once said on a podcasts "if you get stuck on the incline and need to be evacuated it can be slightly terrifying" I was like "yep that incline is a no for me forever!"

I still love the minions and love that they got rid of the 3D (i was one fo the people that does not like Forbidden Journey in 3D and i have something called blepharitis, which is when the crust you get in your eyes can become dangerous and give you an infection. I actually have to wear one a day contacts, and sometimes I cant do more than wear my glasses. While 3D glasses aren't so much a problem-plus Cast and Team Members are always very accommodating if I ask for a clean pair if we are unlucky and get a group close to end of their buckets they leave them in), those VR headsets are. I can't do a ride in Busch Gardens Williamsburg because of it, and when Nintendo world opens I am going to have to ride without the glasses. It is a sacrifice I am willin to make but one I wish I didn't.

And now I want fudge lol.

It is always sad when you realize you are too old for a ride or on your trip it is a one and done ( for me, realizing Verbolten at Busch Gardens Williamsburg had become a do only once on a trip ride was sad but understandable-plus Apollos chariot, Invadr and Griffin are all still amazing rides that I can repeat a few times a day!).

I do have to admit though I have never done RRR-not because I haven't wanted to, but as Craig once said on a podcasts "if you get stuck on the incline and need to be evacuated it can be slightly terrifying" I was like "yep that incline is a no for me forever!"

I still love the minions and love that they got rid of the 3D (i was one fo the people that does not like Forbidden Journey in 3D and i have something called blepharitis, which is when the crust you get in your eyes can become dangerous and give you an infection. I actually have to wear one a day contacts, and sometimes I cant do more than wear my glasses. While 3D glasses aren't so much a problem-plus Cast and Team Members are always very accommodating if I ask for a clean pair if we are unlucky and get a group close to end of their buckets they leave them in), those VR headsets are. I can't do a ride in Busch Gardens Williamsburg because of it, and when Nintendo world opens I am going to have to ride without the glasses. It is a sacrifice I am willin to make but one I wish I didn't.

And now I want fudge lol.

One of the ladies from Loews we have become very good friends with over the years asked us not to complain about the Minions becoming 2D and not be as much fun for us. Her husband couldn`t do it when it was 3D, and can now do it 2D....so we didn`t complain....not that it would have done anything anyway. So, yes, it seems certain things definitely affect folks differently.

I blame the 2D being the reason for Simpsons knocking me so bad.

Getting older doesn`t come on it`s own.......but I`m lucky I can still ride most things I want to, I know some folks who can`t. I`m sure it`ll come......lol......

Yes, that salted caramel fudge was nice!! Too sweet maybe, but I only had a tiny corner and that was more than enough ::yes::

Carole, I just wanted to thank Tom for the fabulous photos he takes. He has a good eye for subjects that most of us overlook. I love looking at his photos:)

We, too, miss Jaws. That ride was so much fun and we looked forward to it every time. I don't know why it was stopped. I know the movie Jaws was a long time ago, but that shouldn't play into getting rid of a fabulous fun ride like Jaws was.

Do you remember the "old" King Kong ride where you were in a warehouse (I think) and Kong actually grabs your car and drops you down to floor level? That was a fantastic attraction, and I miss it too.

Guess I sound nostalgic today but seeing the old Jaws memorbilia sparked it I think:)

I have a question that you might know about? My husband might have to use an ECV due to nerve damage in his legs, on our next visit. Are the boats compatable with an ECV? He can walk with a cane but couldn't do the entire parks. I was just wondering if you have seen ECV;s on the boats?

Thanks so much,

Ruth

Carole, I just wanted to thank Tom for the fabulous photos he takes. He has a good eye for subjects that most of us overlook. I love looking at his photos:)

We, too, miss Jaws. That ride was so much fun and we looked forward to it every time. I don't know why it was stopped. I know the movie Jaws was a long time ago, but that shouldn't play into getting rid of a fabulous fun ride like Jaws was.

Do you remember the "old" King Kong ride where you were in a warehouse (I think) and Kong actually grabs your car and drops you down to floor level? That was a fantastic attraction, and I miss it too.

Guess I sound nostalgic today but seeing the old Jaws memorbilia sparked it I think:)

I have a question that you might know about? My husband might have to use an ECV due to nerve damage in his legs, on our next visit. Are the boats compatable with an ECV? He can walk with a cane but couldn't do the entire parks. I was just wondering if you have seen ECV;s on the boats?

Thanks so much,

Ruth

Oh don`t worry, he`ll be fine with the boats.

They have a ramp and the ECV`s sit at the front where the Capt drives the boats, they can usually fit two on if there are no pushchairs sitting there. So, it won`t be a problem at all, there are a lot of ECV users choose the boat option.

Thank you so much for the lovely comments on Tom`s pictures.....he does look for the unusual, or I am giving him instructions if I see something I know would make a good picture, like the little doves on the wall, so cute. But, he`ll appreciate that.

Well Jaws was replaced with Harry Potter.....so Diagon Alley now stands where Jaws once was.......it was a shame to lose such an iconic ride such as Jaws, but I think they`ll see it as a win crowd wise. We miss Jaws too.

We never did see the Original Kong ride......it was before we visited Orlando, we would have loved that, but we would really have loved to have seen Murder she Wrote or anything Hitchcock.......now those are classics too!

Nostalgia is a wonderful thing.......🙂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter