Gavin's Wish Comes True!! MAW

awwww. . . looks like a rough hospital stay. The video was very nice.

and :bday: to you tomorrow! Have a great one!

Aww, I wish I could watch videos..we're on dial-up, so the streaming is ermm..less than ideal, lol. :bday: Happy birthday tomorrow!

I found that deal as well and considered it. That price is unbelievable! What are you planning to do during those extra days, if I may ask? Would you go back to the parks and buy your own tickets? I reconsidered when I saw the Nick Hotel because I realized that we wouldn't even HAVE to leave that hotel during the day if we wanted to have fun (we will be using the last of our 3 day park hopper from GKTW on the first night of our extension and going to MVMCP the second). I'm afraid if we just stayed at a no-frills motel we'd be tempted to go back to a park and pay for a one day ticket - cost for the six of us? :scared1: The Nick is 99 a night (they have a 2/3 but we are only extending by two).

I haven't actually booked the Nick yet. Hopefully within the next 48 hours I'll make a decision.

Pamela:santa:

Matty's Wish Trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607

There was so much to do at GKTW. We could easily have spent a day or two there and not have been bored. Then we could have used the park tickets on the other days. I look forward to visiting GKTW again one day because there was plenty we didn't have time to see and enjoy.

Happy Birthday!!!:cake::bday: Have a wonderful date!

I love the bunny ears from brother, and the sleepy, lop-sided smile. Very sweet pics.

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. I had a great day. Hubby made me a wonderful breakfast and a birthday cake and then we went to the indian restaraunt where the curry was amazing.

Thanks for the comments on Gavin's little video also. Im working on getting one done with all the kids. I love those little slideshows their so cute.

Just received an e-mail from our wish granter and Gavin's doctor has signed off on Disney so were definetley approved for 6 nights at Disney World. :cool1: Were so excited. Still waiting on dates though. I had asked if we could extend our stay and this is the response I got

I hope life is treating you well at home! I have the response from MAW for your 2 questions. First you and your family will be granted Disney world 6 nights! Unfortunately we can not extend your trip. MAW already extends the nights a family gets at Disney World vs. Disneyland wishes due to travel time. Because we need to be consistent in what a child’s wish entails (especially length of a wish), we must say no to trip extensions. Even if you say you will take care of the extended days, MAW is still liable for you and your family while on a destination that MAW has coordinated.

Im confused I know several others have and are extending through MAW. :confused3 Oh well we are thrilled to be going at all but were excited about not having to rush through it as much.
Do you think I should contact the cordinator or just leave it alone?? I dont want to sound greedy because beleive me without them there is no way we could do this at all.

I am sorry you can't extend your trip. I completely understand the frustrations in dealing with Wish agencies that do things one way for one family and tell another family something different. You will enjoy your trip! :wizard:

Hi Jennifer,

You know, it just might be that different chapters have different policies. Perhaps just tell them that you are aware of many many families that have gone on MAW trips and have been allowed to extend their trips and that you are wondering if it's a chapter policy (rather than a general policy of MAW)? At least that way you'll know that it's not just a lack of awareness on the part of the person you are talking to.

If you can't extend maybe they can at least get you the first flight out and the last flight back.....that way you won't lose as much time on the travel days.

Matty's Wish Trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607

We have narrowed down our dates!! Just got an e-mail to choose between Feb. 25-March 3 OR March 3-9. I think were going to go with March 3-9 since although hubby can get off when he wants, technically his vacation comes due March 6th. Plus DH's birthday is on the 12th so IF we do extend we'll be there for his BD!! I am so excited :cool1:
Our wish granter gave me the contact info for our cordinator so I wrote her a letter about us possible being able to extend so hopefully I'll hear back soon.
Either way I cnat believe were really going and am thrilled! Once I get final approval on the dates I can really start planning. Let the obsessivness (is that a word) begin!

We have narrowed down our dates!! Just got an e-mail to choose between Feb. 25-March 3 OR March 3-9. I think were going to go with March 3-9 since although hubby can get off when he wants, technically his vacation comes due March 6th. Plus DH's birthday is on the 12th so IF we do extend we'll be there for his BD!! I am so excited :cool1:
Our wish granter gave me the contact info for our cordinator so I wrote her a letter about us possible being able to extend so hopefully I'll hear back soon.
Either way I cnat believe were really going and am thrilled! Once I get final approval on the dates I can really start planning. Let the obsessivness (is that a word) begin!

Well...I may be a little biased...Since I will be there from March 4-7....:rolleyes1 Just sayin'. :cool2:

Well...I may be a little biased...Since I will be there from March 4-7....:rolleyes1 Just sayin'. :cool2:

Are you going to be at GKTW? Maybe we'll bump into each other I would love that!

Well it looks like the extended stay is a no go :confused: Apparently our chapter doesnt do it because of liability. I guess they have had issues with families saying they would take care of the extra days and then not following through and needing help. I cant believe someone would do that. So I can understand their issues and am fine with it. We will have an amazing time in the 7 days were there. Still waiting to hear for sure of our dates but Im pretty sure March 3-9 is a go.

So since I guess it's time to add more pics! I know we all love to see the kiddos. So here they are.
Mommy and the kids
4th09143.jpg

and the kids being goofy
4th09136.jpg

They all have to have their goggles
4th09047.jpg

Gavin at the drive-in
drive-in030.jpg

Brothers :)
wildwaves071.jpg

Ok that's enough for now. Enjoy!

The pictures are great! Keep em coming!!! :)

My goodness:eek: How often to you get down there??????

Don't get me wrong of course. I'm just jealous;)

Matty's Wish Trip http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607

he he. After the wish trip - I fell in love with Disney. I took my BFF Sarah in Feb before she moved to South Africa (she had never been). I went with my friend Sharon in Sept for Free Dining. I am taking Rachels family in December. Jan 2010, I am meeting up with some of my Disney friends. March 2010 I am doing the Princess Half Marathon. Sept 2010 going with All7ofUs (who I met on the DIS and have only met in real life once). .... It is a good thing that I am single and have 3 jobs.

Are you going to be at GKTW? Maybe we'll bump into each other I would love that!

Well it looks like the extended stay is a no go :confused: Apparently our chapter doesnt do it because of liability. I guess they have had issues with families saying they would take care of the extra days and then not following through and needing help. I cant believe someone would do that. So I can understand their issues and am fine with it. We will have an amazing time in the 7 days were there. Still waiting to hear for sure of our dates but Im pretty sure March 3-9 is a go.

Well...I am going with Lauren's mom. We are doing the half marathon. We won't have a car - so it will be very difficult to get down to GKTW.

Our plan is to get regular tickets for Lisa (no park hoppers). We will be at the Magic Kingdom on Thurs evening, at Epcot all day on Friday and at AK all day on Saturday. The half is Sunday morning and we leave that afternoon. At least that is the current plan.

I would love to run into you guys! :)

I have been such a slacker keeping updates going here but believe me I am out there reading everybody else's. Still no confirmation on dates but I figured I better get started on these DFN's, cant have enough time time to watch movies so this week will be Toy Story 1 and 2. Gavin's all time favorite Disney movie. Im off to google and try to find a good menu to go with it and a craft possibly. I found a Disney trivia game for the Wii yesterday for $10 and had to get it. We have the board game and the kids love it. Now I need to see if I can hold out to give it for Christmas. I want to play it so bad :rotfl:
We also got our Disney customized maps yesterday and Im thinking I need to get realistic about what we want to do. Do you think we can fit all this in?

Animal Kingdom
It's tough to be a bug
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Forest exploration Trail
Kali River Rapids
The boneyard
Finding Nemo
Dinosaur
Dino-Sue
Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade

Hollywood Studios:
Indiana Jones
Star Tours
Honey, I shrunk the Kids
Lights, motors, action!
The studio backlot Tour
The little mermaid
Rock N roller coaster (Daddy and Kia)
Tower of Terror (Daddy and Kia)
Fantasmic
Block party Bash??

Magic Kingdom:
Jungle cruise
Pirates of the carribean
Splash mountain
Haunted mansion
It's a small world
Peter Pan's flight
The barnstormer
Indy speedway
Space mountain
Buzz Lightyear
Stitch's great escape
Monsters Ins Laugh floor
Wishes
Spectromagic

Epcot:
Mission space
Test track
Nemo
Soarin
Illuminations

Wow that looks like even more when I write it down and I havent even planned the other parks yet! So do you think it's even possible. We will also have to take a break as Gavin does get tired easily especially if it's hot.

Happy Turkey Day everyone!! Hope you all have a wonderful day. Were staying home and having grandma and auntie and uncle over. Taking it pretty easy this year.

Hey darling! :)

I missed your last update. :goodvibes

The list of to-dos looks GREAT!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter