Geeks On A Plane - 1/11 PTR * Postponed :( 7/2

*flail*

So it turns out that I have SIX days of paid vacation to use before the end of 2010. I have no clue what to use them for, since I've never actually been able to take a vacation. They don't roll over (according to the paperwork, I'll have ten days in 2011, so I don't have to worry about that; my company's awesome with vacation time), so I have to use them this year. I'm thinking about using three to go to either a Stargate convention in August or a Supernatural convention in November.

However, I'm thinking about using the other three around my birthday to go somewhere. My birthday's in June, and I'm off the day before and the day of, then the Monday and Tuesday after, so I'd just need the weekend off. I'm thinking about heading down to WDW, but I was also thinking about going to DL, since I've never been, and then I started thinking about a cruise and then maybe Hawaii or getting a passport and going to London or Germany or something and just... *FLAIL*

What do you guys suggest? I'd likely be going alone, which I have no problem with. I just want to actually have a vacation this year. I've never had a proper vacation as an adult. The solo trip mentioned in my sig was a whirlwind trip, and the main purpose of it was an interview at Casting. Every other time I've been "away", it's been for a job opportunity, like when I spent four months in Alaska. I just... I have no idea what I want to do. I just want to go, you know?

So, yeah, what do you guys suggest? I'm keeping my options open to just about anything.

So, er... I guess this is now a DOUBLE PTR? *flail* Should I make a separate PTR for this one?

It's official :hyper::hyper: My friend Elle and I are going to WDW for my 26th birthday in June!! She lives in Kansas, so she'll be coming up here, probably on May 31 or early June 1, and then we're flying down together on June 2. We found a good deal on MegaBus from Kansas City to Chicago ($60!), so that combined with the Southwest fare is much better than the fare she'd be paying to fly direct from Wichita. We're going to be staying either at Pop or one of the mods (not sure yet) and will be doing the gift card deal. We're getting the regular DDP.

I'm booking our package when I get paid next Friday, and I've already made all but one of our ADR's. She's never been, so I get to be in charge of planning again :lmao:

Our itinerary:

June 2
Arrive at MCO around 9:30am.
Check in at resort.
MK.
Dinner at Crystal Palace at 6:45pm - reservation marked with birthday for me and first visit for Elle. This will be paid OOP with the gift card due to one of our other reservations needing two credits.

:cake: June 3 - My birthday! :cake:
MK
Dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table - time unknown, as I have to wait until I have my package booked before I can book this. This is the double credit one, obviously :)

June 4
Epcot
Lunch at Le Cellier - 1:40pm

June 5
Epcot
Dinner at Rose and Crown - 5:05pm

June 6
DHS
Dinner at Sci-Fi - 6:45pm. Once again, a couple of geeks :teeth:

June 7
Depart for Chicago :guilty:

June 8
Elle leaves Chicago for Wichita :guilty::guilty:

She has a couple of severe food allergies, so I have to note those on the reservations, but the Disney website won't let me log in for some reason :confused3

Anyway, the reason we're not sure about where we're staying is just that I kind of want to upgrade us to a mod, but I'm not sure how much time we'll be spending in the rooms. So... I'll just wait and see what's available, I guess. I just can't wait to go :yay: :yay: :yay:

I get to spend another* birthday in Disney World! YAY!

*In 2004, I spent my 20th birthday at MK. In 2008, I spent my 24th birthday at MK. And now, in 2010, I'll spend my 26th birthday at MK.

:goodvibes

so sorry i've been MIA a little bit! Sorry! Been so busy at work! Anyway, glad to hear you're going for your birthday!!!! That's be sooo magical! :wizard: I'm so jealous you're going twice this year! Your plans for your birthday trip sound great! Can't wait to hear more!!

so sorry i've been MIA a little bit! Sorry! Been so busy at work! Anyway, glad to hear you're going for your birthday!!!! That's be sooo magical! :wizard: I'm so jealous you're going twice this year! Your plans for your birthday trip sound great! Can't wait to hear more!!

:lmao: I think we posted on each other at the same time :)

It actually just occurred to me looking at that ticker I just put up that the trip is in less than three months :scared1: I know we'll be able to afford it, it's just one of those omg moments. She's never been, so when I was telling her about Le Cellier, she was like "Wait, are we going to Florida or Canada?"

I really love spending my birthday at MK, seriously :cloud9: I've never had the chance to eat at CRT, so this is the perfect opportunity (and she cracked up when I told her we were gonna eat in the Castle :rotfl:)

:lmao: I think we posted on each other at the same time :)

It actually just occurred to me looking at that ticker I just put up that the trip is in less than three months :scared1: I know we'll be able to afford it, it's just one of those omg moments. She's never been, so when I was telling her about Le Cellier, she was like "Wait, are we going to Florida or Canada?"

I really love spending my birthday at MK, seriously :cloud9: I've never had the chance to eat at CRT, so this is the perfect opportunity (and she cracked up when I told her we were gonna eat in the Castle :rotfl:)

less than 3 months?!?!?! that's crazy!! And in no time it'll say 1 month!! haha...that's hilarious what your friend said abou Le Cellier!!

I don't think DBF would like eating in the castle. I think he'll think it's TOO MUCH. It's his first visit...so i think i'll ease him into things! We ARE doing the breakfast at Akershus on my birthday...it's my birthday and I don't CARE what he says!! I want to eat with the princesses!! :rotfl: I really wanted to spend my bday at MK too!! But my birthday is a grad night!! :confused3 It's alright...next time right?!?! Can't wait to hear more of your plans!!

less than 3 months?!?!?! that's crazy!! And in no time it'll say 1 month!! haha...that's hilarious what your friend said abou Le Cellier!!

I don't think DBF would like eating in the castle. I think he'll think it's TOO MUCH. It's his first visit...so i think i'll ease him into things! We ARE doing the breakfast at Akershus on my birthday...it's my birthday and I don't CARE what he says!! I want to eat with the princesses!! :rotfl: I really wanted to spend my bday at MK too!! But my birthday is a grad night!! :confused3 It's alright...next time right?!?! Can't wait to hear more of your plans!!

Oh god, I know :scared1: I still haven't told my dad I'm going. I told my mom, but not him. He'll spaz out.

When I was explaining Le Cellier to Elle, I said "It's this steakhouse in Canada at Epcot" and apparently she had no idea what I meant :lmao: I totally understand about wanting to eat with the princesses, though. I've never done it, although I've eaten with Pooh and Eeyore :) I don't think my birthday's grad night... I hope not. It's a Thursday, so I don't think it is. But yes, always next time! :laughing:

Hah, I just looked it up. They're just in April :)

hey, joining the pre trip report!!! which now sounds doubly good!!! really enjoyed reading because you convey your excitment so well!

i'm also a Harry Potter/Lord of the Rings/Phillip Pullman/Narnia geek and DBF is physics teacher and is insisting upon kennedy space centre...so we're going to sci-fi for exactly the same reasons!!! can't wait!!!

I'm also a picky eater, so agree that allears.net is a uselful tool!!! bf has tried to put a ban in place for not eating french fries every day but i've assured him it will be a one man plan!!!:rotfl:

The bank is a great idea!!! If i get any tax rebate I am using it for the segway tour...

and also trying to lose weight before our trip in july...boring but has to be done i suppose :sad2:

not sure if read here or on another trip report about your date...so is a fourth wheel looking likely...first dates cn be so nerve wracking!!!

hey, joining the pre trip report!!! which now sounds doubly good!!! really enjoyed reading because you convey your excitment so well!

i'm also a Harry Potter/Lord of the Rings/Phillip Pullman/Narnia geek and DBF is physics teacher and is insisting upon kennedy space centre...so we're going to sci-fi for exactly the same reasons!!! can't wait!!!

I'm also a picky eater, so agree that allears.net is a uselful tool!!! bf has tried to put a ban in place for not eating french fries every day but i've assured him it will be a one man plan!!!:rotfl:

The bank is a great idea!!! If i get any tax rebate I am using it for the segway tour...

and also trying to lose weight before our trip in july...boring but has to be done i suppose :sad2:

not sure if read here or on another trip report about your date...so is a fourth wheel looking likely...first dates cn be so nerve wracking!!!

LOL, thanks :) I've been blogging for years, so I'm kinda used to writing in an internet format :goodvibes

Yay for more geeks! It's fun being a geek :) Most of the time, anyway, unless you're around people who just don't get it, but most of my friends get it and my parents have just gotten used to it :rolleyes1

Yeah, allears.net is definitely a good resource for groups with picky eaters. Provided the restaurants don't change their menus before my trip, anyway :rotfl: I had to promise my best friend that I wouldn't get a cheeseburger every day on our January trip, but with the restaurants we're going to, there's no way I would :woohoo:

I actually had to break into my bank not too long ago :guilty: I re-taped it, but it's not as pretty anymore. Oh well. Such is life. When I got my tax return (I do it early), I wound up buying a Wii and some other things, like an iTouch.

I did mention the date on Jennifer's PTR :cloud9: He's just as big a geek as I am, which is nice. As of right now, it looks like there might not only be a fourth wheel for January, but a third wheel for June! :scared1: It really just depends on how things go, obviously. It cracked me up, but the age difference between us is the same as between you and your DBF :rotfl: I'm 25, he's 33. I'm hoping to be able to see him next weekend, but we're not sure yet. But yes, first dates can be VERY nerve-wracking. He was more nervous than I was, though, which was kind of cute :lovestruc We got on really well, though, and it was just a really nice time. We were texting last night, but I was trying not to bug him too much. Not because I'm worried he'll decide he doesn't want to see me again, but just because he's a commercial driver and it was insanely foggy here last night and I didn't want to distract him. So we'll see what happens :)

Anyway :teeth: Glad to have you around!

I did mention the date on Jennifer's PTR :cloud9: He's just as big a geek as I am, which is nice. As of right now, it looks like there might not only be a fourth wheel for January, but a third wheel for June! :scared1: It really just depends on how things go, obviously. It cracked me up, but the age difference between us is the same as between you and your DBF :rotfl: I'm 25, he's 33. I'm hoping to be able to see him next weekend, but we're not sure yet. But yes, first dates can be VERY nerve-wracking. He was more nervous than I was, though, which was kind of cute :lovestruc We got on really well, though, and it was just a really nice time. We were texting last night, but I was trying not to bug him too much. Not because I'm worried he'll decide he doesn't want to see me again, but just because he's a commercial driver and it was insanely foggy here last night and I didn't want to distract him. So we'll see what happens :)

Anyway :teeth: Glad to have you around!

ooooh, another cool coincidence!!! i thought at the start 8 years was a lot but now realise that as dbf has the mental age of a teenager we're about even!!! sometimes he asks me about things from childhood like favourite tv shows and i tease him by saying...'o you forgot your from an older generation than me ray...'...WARNING This does not go down well!!! :rolleyes1

so looking forward to hearing more about both trips, and the possible extra wheel on both!!!:yay:

ooooh, another cool coincidence!!! i thought at the start 8 years was a lot but now realise that as dbf has the mental age of a teenager we're about even!!! sometimes he asks me about things from childhood like favourite tv shows and i tease him by saying...'o you forgot your from an older generation than me ray...'...WARNING This does not go down well!!! :rolleyes1

so looking forward to hearing more about both trips, and the possible extra wheel on both!!!:yay:

Yeah, he's about the same mental age as me, but he's a lot more responsible and respectful than most of the guys my age that I know. But yeah, I found out about the not teasing about him being older thing... He took it well, but we've both got a very sarcastic sense of humor, and can be self-deprecating, so I think that's why. We've been texting the last couple of nights. I think we gave each other a cold :sick: Still, I'm hoping to talk to him this weekend and figure out when we're going to see each other again :)

So, I've got nothing to do right now, so I'm going to post the rides that Elle and I are going to try and hit at MK. We're spending two days at MK, so whatever we don't hit on the first day, we can hit on the second. We're going to utilize the FP system for the big rides and also try and hit as many popular rides as we can early in the day. This will probably also be the same list of rides for the January trip, too :) The only reason that HOP is a must-do is just because I know how cold it gets in that building, and I figure it'll be a good break in the middle of the day.

Must Do's
Jungle Cruise
Pirates of the Caribbean
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain
Hall of Presidents
Haunted Mansion
Snow White
Pooh
Railroad
Space Mountain
TTA
Monster's Inc
3:00 parade
Spectro
Fireworks

Maybe's
It's A Small World
PhilHar (it gives me a headache because of the 3D)
Cinderella's Carousel
Carousel of Progress
Dream Along With Mickey
Aladdin
Tiki Room
Stitch
Buzz Lightyear
Riverboat

:sad::sad:

So, unfortunately, my birthday trip is canceled. :guilty: I went over my budget again and there's just no way I can afford it. Some other things have come to my attention that I have to take care of ASAP (long story that I don't particularly care to get into in a public forum). So, because of this, I'm just going to Six Flags for my birthday instead :crazy2: Better than nothing, right? And it's still early in the season (and a weekday), so it shouldn't be too busy. Hopefully. So my vacation time I was going to use for the trip is going to be used later in the month of June, while my parents are on vacation, so that I can just have a little mini-vacation of my own.

As of right now, we're still on for January 2011. If Elle wants to come with us then, she's more than welcome to, but if she doesn't want to and things go well with this guy I'm seeing, he might maybe come with. He seemed amenable to the idea, anyway. We're going out again next Saturday :bitelip:

So that's all that's going on right now. It just really sucks that I can't go for my birthday. Oh well. Maybe next year :)

hey dana! Sorry I"ve been MIA...i'm so sad your birthday trip was cancelled but you're right...Six Flags is better than nothing!! You better update me after your date on Saturday!! Have fun!!

hey dana! Sorry I"ve been MIA...i'm so sad your birthday trip was cancelled but you're right...Six Flags is better than nothing!! You better update me after your date on Saturday!! Have fun!!

It's cool :) Life happens :rotfl: But yeah, Six Flags isn't exactly where I wanted to spend it, but it's better than sitting around my house doing nothing. Their prices are just crazy. They gouge you on everything. It's changed a lot since the last time I went (which was at least eight years ago, since the last time I went, Shockwave was still there and they dismantled it in 2002), but I think this'll be the last season I go. I got a season pass because they were so damn cheap. They have a Fast Pass-like thing and they charge a minimum of $35 for it. Which I think is outrageous and wrong, but people pay it, so they do it. Oh well. At least I can use it for Fright Fest (I love Halloween).

I definitely will :goodvibes So far, the plan for the date is to either go out for dinner and back to his place for a movie, order take out and watch a movie, or cook and watch a movie. We're waiting to see how we both feel. It'll be fun, though :cutie:

*FLAIL*

THE BOY IS MEETING MY PARENTS.

:scared1::scared1::scared1:

Because of the way our schedules work out, we've been seeing each other every other weekend. He has every weekend off, but I only have every other weekend off. My next weekend off is April 2-4. So we made plans to see each other then.

Then today, my mom comes home from work and asks if I want to go to my (crazy) aunt's house for Easter. I find out that Easter is April 4. I hate my aunt, so I'm not going, and neither's my brother, but my parents are. So instead, my mom's having a barbecue on April 3. So... Now James is coming to the barbecue and will be meeting my parents and my brother and his girlfriend and my uncle. And I'm TERRIFIED.

When I asked him if he wanted to go, he said, "Well, I'd be meeting them sooner or later, right? May as well go." I'm just... seriously flailing right now.

The other day, he pulled me into the Disney Store at the mall (as I tried to walk past it) and then commented on how we should take a trip down there together at some point. Inside, I was going :scared1: and outside I was like "Well, I'm going with my friends in January..." and he said something about having to see how much it would be.

I'm just... OMG I'm freakin FLAILING right now. I just had to tell someone about this and my friend I normally flail to about him isn't online right now and I think if I tell my coworker anything else, she'll throw her Chinese food at me.

flail is such a good word to describe those panic-ed but with a happy edge crazy emotions!!!

but at least it's flailing in a good way!!! imagine if he's said how much he hated the disney shop:eek:...relationship over!!!

awaiting developments with interest!!!:cutie:

flail is such a good word to describe those panic-ed but with a happy edge crazy emotions!!!

but at least it's flailing in a good way!!! imagine if he's said how much he hated the disney shop:eek:...relationship over!!!

awaiting developments with interest!!!:cutie:

It was really the best word I could think of to describe how I was feeling, you know? But yes, it's in a very good way :goodvibes If he'd said he hated the Disney Store, it wouldn't have been "relationship over", it would've just sucked more than a little. I'm used to people not "getting it", but he seems to at least be okay with my obsession :rotfl: My ex was of the "You mention it, I kick you" type, which was really aggravating, since I was with him while I was still working there!

But yeah, I'm still nervous, but my dad promised my mom that he'd behave, which is good. We don't have the easiest relationship, but he's still my dad. I just... I was telling a friend of mine about it, and she said that considering that he's willing to meet them already and also what he said about meeting them (the "sooner or later" comment), it sounds like he's really serious about me, which makes me all kinds of happy :lovestruc

Aww that sucks about the trip...but yay about the boy!!! Good for you!!! Keep us updated!!

Yeah, it does suck, but we're going to Six Flags instead, so that's better than nothing :) Plus, if things are still going well with the boy, he'll be coming with :teeth: I'll definitely keep you guys updated, since I really need a place to flail about him and, with my schedule, it's hard to get a hold of other people :lmao:

Also, I saw your preview wedding pics and OMG YOU LOOKED BEAUTIFUL! I don't remember if I posted on your TR or not, but you and your DH looked like you had a wonderful day :lovestruc

So our contingency plan has changed. If James comes, which looks likely provided that we're still together, there'll be four of us, which we feel is too many for one room, even at the Contemporary. Originally, we were looking at staying at Caribbean Beach if there was a fourth, but now that it's looking like a real possibility to not only have a fourth, but someone I'm dating, we're looking to stay at Port Orleans - Riverside. I forgot that they have the carriage rides until I read about it on Keala's PTR, so I think that'll be fun :)

We might wind up staying there anyway, since I emailed Jacquie links to pics and she loved it, so we might skip CR and go with POR either way :)

Soooo... I'm bored. In continuing with the list of 'must-do's' for MK, here's our list for DHS :)

Must Do's
The Great Movie Ride - One of my favorites at DHS :)
Star Tours - We're geeks. Duh. Plus, if James comes, he's a HUGE Star Wars geek :teeth:
Muppet Vision 3-D - Ian is apparently a pretty big Muppets fan.
Studio Backlot Tour - I really like this ride. It's a nice chance to sit down.
Toy Story Midway Mania! - Gamers and geeks, of course we're going to hit this one :teeth:
Voyage of the Little Mermaid - Jacquie used to be a marine biology major, and The Little Mermaid is her favorite Disney movie.
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster - But of course :teeth:
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror - LOVE this ride :)
Fantasmic! - It's not my favorite, but it's still pretty cool.

Shows, aka, if we have time
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! - Again, a bunch of geeks.
Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show - You know, I've never seen this one?
Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage - Jacquie also loves Beauty and the Beast, so this would be fun to go to :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter