Getting by without a rental car.....

FINFAN

Mom to Tinkbell
We are trying to cut costs and are wondering if 6/7 days is too long to go w/out a car if staying on-site. we have 2 kids 11 and 7, are we asking for trouble? Are there car rental services available at any of the 3 Loews hotels?

A good question. Besides saving on the daily coat of the rental car, you will save the $6/day "self parking" fee that they usually put on your bill. Be sure to tell the front desk clerk when you check in that you do not have a car in the parking lot, so you won't be charged for parking. I have heard that PFB has an Alamo rental desk, and it is less than a 10 minute walk from HRH. good luck! :)

Mmmm, how much are you paying for your r/t transportation from the airport?

I'd like to know also, we're going end of July, rental car for 1 week is currently around $200 and then the self parking of $42.....We do want to go to blizzard beach and I'm thinking meals off-site will be cheaper.

Anyone?

I never heard of this before. You mean that at the resorts they'll charge you $6 for parking a rental car? What if you prepay? Is this new? I only paid for the room before..

Wanda

We dont get a car when we go to USF, we have yourride pick us up. It is $60 round trip, I think from the airport to the HRH. (we splurge and get a limo, $110, r/t from the airport). Their website is http://www.yourride.net.

Patty

Humpbacks1962:
The parking fee is not new at HRH, but sometimes you don't get charged for it. It depends on which clerk waits on you when you check in. If the clerk politely asks: "Did you use valet or self parking?", that is what they are getting at. Sometimes they don't ask & just assume you arrived by bus, van or limo, and then you are not charged the $6/day parking fee. Valet parking of your own (or rental) car is more. I think it is $10/day - not including tip!:rolleyes:

Sounds ludicrous to me. You avoid the parking fee at the park being a guest but they pull it out of your wallet at the resort! That I was unaware of...

Wanda

While we were there, we hopped over to PBH and rented a car at Alamo for 2 days at Disney. It was great! No parking fees and no hassles--parked it at PBH. I was only charged 1 day because I rented on Saturday and returned it on Sunday. The office was closed on Sunday, so the return time was flexible for that day.;)

Now that is a rip off I was not aware of.

You could not save those $6 anyway. If you rode Mears you'd spend it in the ride and if you rent a car, there it goes.

What if you pay off your reservation before you arrive? Would they still charge this to you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter