Girls Trip Take 2 - Labor Day Weekend 2021 and Christmas 2021 Trip

Girl, this is so funny. The season is right but the baby is the next one!! Took me a second to get it straight! :love:

Girl, this is so funny. The season is right but the baby is the next one!! Took me a second to get it straight! :love:

:welcome:

It's a little confusing. Michelle was pregnant with Dominic for this trip. When we took our after Thanksgiving trip in 2022 she was pregnant with Gabriel. I'm just so far behine.

Magic Kingdom-Sunday, September 5, 2021-Magic Kingdom is the Best at Night.

We took a much needed break and didn't rush to get back to the park. My break usually includes a quick bath and a change of clothes. The heat just is too much to stay in the same outfit. I don't usually get any true rest but I feel so much better and refreshed.

We had taken the bus for our morning trip to MK but opted for Danielle to drive us for our return. She drove because we made a stop at Cast Connection on our way. It's the discount store for Cast Members and has discontinued stuff mostly. You can get in at certain times with a CM. It's located between the All Star Resorts and where she was living at Flamingo Crossing. It's a big warehouse building that doesn't scream Disney from the outside.
1694040841307.png

The first room is lots of big items like what was removed from the parks or other Disney property, icons and stuff. The next room had tons of stuff and some food and refrigerated items. When we went the merch was mostly stuff left over from the Cruise lines when they closed for Covid. I didn't get much but Michelle found something to take home for the kids and Jimmy. They also give the CM and AP discount. I would really like to go back again.

We parked at the TTC and took the monorail back to the park . The clouds didn't look good but we did see a rainbow. Sorry my rainbow picture is blurry but we were walking at the same time.
1694041038124.png
1694041087084.png
1694041113736.png
When we got off the monorail, Danielle ran into one of her roommates Morgan.
1694041196003.png
We entered the park and stopped for some photo pass pictures. The sky was getting darker and darker.
1694041242433.png
1694041294580.png
1694041333152.png
1694041381041.png

Continued in next post. . . .

I asked for this photo.
1694041589136.png
We picked up another wheelchair for Michelle and headed into the park. Once you pay to rent a wheelchair the rental is good for the whole day, you can even switch parks. It's a lot like renting a stroller.

It was time for some dinner. Danielle was on wheelchair duty again.
1694041695304.png
Can you guess where we were headed?

Columbia Harbor House! This is probably our favorite CS in MK. We all mobile ordered some lobster rolls. When Michelle got hers she didn't think it had the right amount of lobster mix and asked for a new one. They were very accommodating.
1694041832661.png
We were in Liberty Square so of course our next stop had to be Haunted Mansion. The area was crowded and it looked like we might have a long wait but it ended up being less that 20 minutes.
1694041949796.png
Gotta love the Ghost Hosts.
1694041993181.png
1694042073598.png

The ride photo with Michelle and I didn't come out but Danielle and Leah's did.
1694042126824.png
1694042176017.png
Staying the same general area we then went to the Tangled Toilets'. Danielle tried out Michelle's ride and was actually pretty good and getting around.
1694042289602.png
1694042315615.png

Continued in next post.

We headed to Small World next. This is one of Danielle's favorite rides and one Michelle likes to do too. We went through the line for wheelchairs which was a first for all of us. We even got loaded in a special boat.
1694042637550.png
1694042670921.png
1694042696373.png
1694042718846.png
I'm not going to bore you with tons of ride photos. I think most people have seen it all.
When we got off the ride we were greeted with the rain that had been building. We made the best of it and threw on our ponchos.
1694042829956.png

It was time to call it quits for the night. Michelle was super tired and didn't want to make the trek out to the parking lot via the monorail or boat. I offered to send Leah back with her on the bus and drive with Danielle. Danielle said she was fine with getting back by herself. We took the bus and overall I think we made it back all about the same time.

I was craving a little something sweet when we got back to our room and dove into the caramel turtle I picked up in Germany the day before. This is my favorite treat there.
1694043021048.png

We all cleaned up and went to bed. Our next day was starting in Animal Kingdom.

My break usually includes a quick bath and a change of clothes. The heat just is too much to stay in the same outfit. I don't usually get any true rest but I feel so much better and refreshed.
I've read that a shower (in this case, bath) is the next best thing if you can't get sleep. I believe it, too.
we made a stop at Cast Connection on our way. It's the discount store for Cast Members and has discontinued stuff mostly.
I've never heard of that. Huh!
When we got off the monorail, Danielle ran into one of her roommates Morgan.
Awww... Nice pic, too. :)
The sky was getting darker and darker.
Uh, oh...
1694041294580.png
Michelle's shirt!!!

:rotfl2:
Love the atmosphere on this one. :)
I asked for this photo.
I like it, but... why did you particularly want it? To show your backpacks? To look like you were all heading to the castle?
Either way (or other reason), it's a cute shot of y'all. :)
Danielle was on wheelchair duty again.
1694041695304.png
:lmao:
Can you guess where we were headed?
Columbia Harbor House!
mmmmm.... yuss... Lobster rolls, please.
This is probably our favorite CS in MK.
::yes::
We were in Liberty Square so of course our next stop had to be Haunted Mansion.
:thumbsup2
Gotta love the Ghost Hosts.
They're great. When I dressed up as the grave digger, they reacted immediately. :)
Danielle tried out Michelle's ride and was actually pretty good and getting around.
Heh. I would've loved to have seen the face of the person who only saw her in the chair, only to get up and push someone else around in it.
We even got loaded in a special boat.
I have seen that boat. ::yes::
I'm not going to bore you with tons of ride photos. I think most people have seen it all.
Too bad. Love that ride.

:rolleyes1
Cute photo!
dove into the caramel turtle I picked up in Germany the day before. This is my favorite treat there.
mmm... turtles...

I asked for this photo.
1694041589136.png
Love this! Great photo of you all 🥰
It was time for some dinner. Danielle was on wheelchair duty again.
1694041695304.png
Sisterly love. You raised those girls right! :goodvibes
Columbia Harbor House! This is probably our favorite CS in MK.
Mine too. Love sitting upstairs and escaping the craziness a little I do have to confess that I also have a huge soft spot for Pinocchio’s Haus but that’s more to do with memories made than food.
next stop had to be Haunted Mansion.
Another one of my favourites. I went to see the new HM movie last night with my daughter and my sister. We enjoyed it though the biggest laugh of the night was when I came back in to the theatre after a visit to the loo and promptly walked into a wall trying to find my seat :scared1::rotfl: Clearly my age is showing - blind as a bat in the dark 😂
Danielle tried out Michelle's ride and was actually pretty good and getting around.
Well wee sister has to do what big sister can 😂
We made the best of it and threw on our ponchos.
Even in ponchos you girls manage to look cute 😍
Can’t think of a better way to end the night than tucking into a treat from Karamel Kuche. I love the dark chocolate sea salt caramel square 😋

I've always wanted to go to Cast Connections! I love browsing around outlet type stores, so I could probably get lost in there for hours!

Love Michelle's pumpkin shirt--so cute! And I loved the poncho picture, too. We never let the rain stop us either. I love when the parks start to clear out and we just carry on; some of my favorite memories.

I've read that a shower (in this case, bath) is the next best thing if you can't get sleep. I believe it, too.

I did not know that. I now feel very justified.

I've never heard of that. Huh!

It's a CM secret.

Michelle's shirt!!!

She really does a great job with the pregnant outfits.

Love the atmosphere on this one.

It screams "spooky season".

I like it, but... why did you particularly want it? To show your backpacks? To look like you were all heading to the castle?
Either way (or other reason), it's a cute shot of y'all. :)

Those are the exact reason's I wanted it.

mmmmm.... yuss... Lobster rolls, please.

I want one now.

They're great. When I dressed up as the grave digger, they reacted immediately. :)

I need to see a picture of that.

Heh. I would've loved to have seen the face of the person who only saw her in the chair, only to get up and push someone else around in it.

That's what I was worried about.

Too bad. Love that ride.

I know it's your most favorite.

:duck:

Cute photo!

Thank you!!!

mmm... turtles...

They are the best!

Love this! Great photo of you all 🥰

Thank you!!

Sisterly love. You raised those girls right! :goodvibes

They do make me proud.

Mine too. Love sitting upstairs and escaping the craziness a little I do have to confess that I also have a huge soft spot for Pinocchio’s Haus but that’s more to do with memories made than food.

I like the food better at CHH but I have a soft spot for Pinocchio's too. It was the first CS I took Brent and Michelle to on our their 1st visit.

Another one of my favourites. I went to see the new HM movie last night with my daughter and my sister. We enjoyed it though the biggest laugh of the night was when I came back in to the theatre after a visit to the loo and promptly walked into a wall trying to find my seat :scared1::rotfl: Clearly my age is showing - blind as a bat in the dark 😂

I wanted to see HM too but just haven't made time. I heard it was just okay.

Walking into a wall sounds like something I would do too at any age.

Well wee sister has to do what big sister can 😂

Yes she does.

Even in ponchos you girls manage to look cute

Thank you!

Can’t think of a better way to end the night than tucking into a treat from Karamel Kuche. I love the dark chocolate sea salt caramel square 😋

I like the dark chocolate sea salt caramel too, but when I'm only getting one thing it's the turtle.

I've always wanted to go to Cast Connections! I love browsing around outlet type stores, so I could probably get lost in there for hours!

If we're ever there at the same time and Danielle is still a CM we'll have to go. It's not that big but you never know what you'll find.

Love Michelle's pumpkin shirt--so cute! And I loved the poncho picture, too. We never let the rain stop us either. I love when the parks start to clear out and we just carry on; some of my favorite memories.

We usually keep going in the rain too or wait it out in the shops. I pay too much money to leave.

Well it's almost time to head to Orlando again. I wish I could say I'm leaving bright and early but I'm not. I'm working 8 till 12 before heading to the airport in New Orleans.

I'm almost finished packing and hoping I didn't pack too much. I'm trying to limit myself to 1 checked bag, a small carryon and a Loungefly. I usually take advantage of Southwest's 2 bags fly free but in the past when I have flown alone it was just too much to juggle the extra bag.

We did make some changes to our plans. We're going to do MK on Saturday and save Epcot for Sunday when we have the Journey of Water preview. I'm happy to start with MK and end with MK. It's looking like DHS might get skipped this trip if we stick with our one Universal Day. Most of the group I'm meeting have been there since Saturday night and have been to Universal a few times already. They may be tired of going there. I know we originally planned to go the Universal because the other person flying in tomorrow really wanted to go.

I'm still worried about this trip. It's so out of my comfort zone, but every trip is a little different.

I was thinking back to the first Disney trip I took Brent and Michelle in 1999. It was a free trip through work. I shared the trip with a coworker and her oldest daughter. We left our youngest behind. Danielle was only 12 weeks and stayed with my sister. We took that trip at almost the same time as this trip. We early on the the Thursday after Labor Day. MK was very different. There was no fall decorations and no Halloween Party. The park did close early for Night of Joy. A lot has changed in 24 years.

I hope everyone has a great week and I'll start posting again after I get back.

It's a CM secret.
You let the cat out of the bag!
She really does a great job with the pregnant outfits.
She really does! ::yes::
Those are the exact reason's I wanted it.
I is smart!
I want one now.
Me too!
I need to see a picture of that.
Hmmmm... I'll think on that. Maybe I'll PM you.
That's what I was worried about.
Nah. People can talk all they want. You don't have to let it affect you.
I know it's your most favorite.

:duck:
You're lucky you ducked, lady. 'Dems fightin' words!
Well it's almost time to head to Orlando again.
Lucky!
I'm working 8 till 12 before heading to the airport in New Orleans.
Ah! No driving this time.
we have the Journey of Water preview.
Can't wait to hear what you think of it. I've seen Danielle's pictures.
I'm happy to start with MK and end with MK.
::yes:: Me too
I'm still worried about this trip. It's so out of my comfort zone, but every trip is a little different.
You'll have a great time. :)
I hope everyone has a great week and I'll start posting again after I get back.
Have a great trip!

They do make me proud.
:love:
have a soft spot for Pinocchio's too. It was the first CS I took Brent and Michelle to on our their 1st visit.
It was our first CS in MK on our first trip in1994 then we kept going back because our daughter loved it. Then in order to keep with tradition and to make sure no- one missed out I continued to visit with whichever number of kiddos were with us until the youngest boy/fussiest eater on the planet begged to go elsewhere as he doesn’t eat pizza/pasta or anything that isn’t a burger or chicken 🤣. Every now and then I make him go just to please me 🤣
I wanted to see HM too but just haven't made time. I heard it was just okay.
It was grand. Watchable but not something I’d rush to watch again. Funny in parts and we definitely laughed but mostly it made me wish I was at MK in the queue for the ride. Aw well hopefully one day again soon.
Walking into a wall sounds like something I would do too at any age.
You know those French mine artists trying to get out of their imaginary box- that was me trying to find where the flippin wall ended Turns out I’d accidentally walked into a space set aside for a wheelchair and the steps to my seat were illuminated to the right of it t’other side of the wall. Thankfully no one was in said spot 😱🤣
I like the dark chocolate sea salt caramel too, but when I'm only getting one thing it's the turtle.
I have never tried the turtle so must give it a go next time.
Enjoy your upcoming trip :goodvibes

Last edited:
You let the cat out of the bag!

Now everyone will want a CM to take them there.

Hmmmm... I'll think on that. Maybe I'll PM you.

:surfweb:

Nah. People can talk all they want. You don't have to let it affect you.

Like water off a duck's back.

You're lucky you ducked, lady. 'Dems fightin' words!

:rolleyes1

Can't wait to hear what you think of it. I've seen Danielle's pictures.

I enjoyed it. It's so pretty but it's also a short attraction. The kids are going to love it. I don't know how parents are going to ever get them out of there. I noticed there were lots of places to sit down.

You'll have a great time.

I did! But now I'm so tired.

Have a great trip!

Thank you!

It was our first CS in MK on our first trip in1994 then we kept going back because our daughter loved it. Then I order to keep with tradition and to make sure no- on missed out I continued to visit with whichever number of kiddos were with us until the youngest boy/fussiest eater on the planet begged to go elsewhere as he doesn’t eat pizza/pasta or anything that isn’t a burger or chicken 🤣. Every now and then I make him go just to please me 🤣

That's a great tradition. I can't imagine not liking pizza or pasta. JP is a very picky eater but loves pizza and buttered noodles.

It was grand. Watchable but not something I’d rush to watch again. Funny in parts and we definitely laughed but mostly it made me wish I was at MK in the queue for the ride. Aw well hopefully one day again soon.

I can see it making you miss the ride too.

You know those French mine artists trying to get out of their imaginary box- that was me trying to find where the flippin wall ended Turns out I’d accidentally walked into a space set aside for a wheelchair and the steps to my seat were illuminated to the right of it t’other side of the wall. Thankfully no one was in said spot 😱🤣
:rotfl2:
I have never tried the turtle so must give it a go next time.

Yes, you do.

Enjoy your upcoming trip :goodvibes
Thank you!

Now everyone will want a CM to take them there.
Or a cat.
I enjoyed it. It's so pretty but it's also a short attraction. The kids are going to love it. I don't know how parents are going to ever get them out of there. I noticed there were lots of places to sit down.
No matter what, it's got to be better than walls!
Like water off a duck's back.
1694736503063.png

I did! But now I'm so tired.
But it's a good tired, isn't it? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter