Girls Trip Take 2 - Labor Day Weekend 2021 and Christmas 2021 Trip

1693274392920.png

1693274427223.png

Danielle was on wheelchair duty.
1693274572696.png
I thought these pumpkins around the castle were a really cute touch. I could just see the big one being turned into Cinderella's coach.
1693274645148.png

We stopped at the front for one more bathroom break and for Danielle and I to visit Guest Services. We wanted to see if there were any tickets left for the Boo Bash. I didn't buy her a ticket when I got mine not knowing her schedule. She now knew she would be off and really wanted to go. We lucked out and I was able to purchase her a ticket but wasn't allowed to use the AP discount I got on my ticket.

I snapped a few more pictures of decorations before we headed to the bus back to Movie and a rest.
1693274864639.png

1693274881564.png

Up next is our evening visit to MK.

Or blurry and out of focus.
That too.
I seriously thought about it. The kids and DH conspire against me riding PP.
Isn't that illegal? You should get a lawyer.
I have the same thoughts too, but my pictures are never as brilliant as yours.
So you need to turn the brightness up a bit. :)
I understand that. DH cringes when I want to go into the Christmas store.
:lmao:
I've done that before and I've brought a Brita water bottle. I really do like just drinking water but the water in Disney is not as good to my taste.
I'm okay with it as long as it's filled with ice. I don't like water unless it's ice cold.

It might also help to be dehydrated.
I just have to point out how strange it is that Labor Day Weekend is coming up and once again a Hurricane is stirring up trouble for lots of people.
But not you this time, I believe.
She's use to hurricanes
One can get used to hurricanes?!?!?
I don't really like coffee.
Another reason why I like you. :)
I'll get my caffeine from what you'd probably call sweet tea (iced.)
1693271580510.png
Awww... I can't imagine heat + being pregnant.

hmmm... I guess I can't really imagine being pregnant! :laughing:
This would be Michelle and Leah's first time at Skipper Canteen but for Danielle and I it was a repeat. This has become a family favorite for us.
I've enjoyed it enough, but prefer other places.
We really enjoy the food, atmosphere, corny jokes and having so much to see.
Love the jokes. Atmosphere is good. I find the food a bit hit and miss.
I had the Hardy Har Char Siu Pork- Marinated grilled port served with Chinese broccoli and jasmine rice. I really liked this pork.
This is what I typically order. It's not bad. :)
Danielle is given coupons every year that she can use at certain times of the year. She shared her 50% off coupon for this meal and we all sure enjoyed the price cut.
Nice! :)
I also took some more photos of Michelle to help her remember her pregnancy with Dominic.
I like that one where she's got the hat on him. :)

Another cute photo. :)
Danielle was on wheelchair duty.
Heh. Not everyday you get to push your older sibling around, ya know.
I thought these pumpkins around the castle were a really cute touch. I could just see the big one being turned into Cinderella's coach.
Oh! I like that. :)
We lucked out and I was able to purchase her a ticket but wasn't allowed to use the AP discount I got on my ticket.
Glad you got her a ticket, even if you couldn't use your discount.

I’ve never been to Skipper’s but your food looked good and I’m sure it tastes even better at 50% off 😝
I’m betting you were happy to get a ticket for Danielle to join you at the Boo Bash. Can’t wait to hear how it was.
Lovely photos of Michelle and baby bump Dominic 😍

Hi! I'm back on the DISboards and your report is the first I caught up on! This girls trip sounds like it was so much fun. Not going to lie, when I began reading, I thought Michelle was pregnant with Gabriel. :rotfl:
Your photos at ASMo in the Dalmations section are adorable. Love them.
The fall decorations in the MK look great. There were a lot more than I think I realized were there. Glad Skipper Canteen's was another hit.
How exciting that you have another trip coming up. And to Universal, too! I definitely recommend trying the frozen Butterbeer; it's one of my favorite snacks in any theme park. Honestly, even without riding the attractions there's a lot to see and explore within the Wizarding World. Just meander through the shops and in front of the windows. You'll see so many little details. Plus, if there are people doing the interactive magic tricks, they are fun to watch. If it gets too hot, sneak into Knockturn Alley. There are benches in there and it's easily fifteen degrees cooler.
I'm not a fan of Universal's food. To be honest, the dishes in the Wizarding World are the only items I like. But the voodoo donuts are delicious and the sweet potato fries at Cowfish are also tasty.

Before I get started I just have to point out how strange it is that Labor Day Weekend is coming up and once again a Hurricane is stirring up trouble for lots of people.
**Raises hands and jumps up and down** Me! Me! Me! I said to my family, figures, it is our 5 year anniversary on Friday, and our first trip since January 2020 with just the two of us! We fly out tomorrow at 11:15 so fingers crossed we make it!

I just love the fall decorations. We've never been at that time of year, but maybe sometime ;)

Isn't that illegal? You should get a lawyer.

I agree, I think they conspire against me on purpose.

I'm okay with it as long as it's filled with ice. I don't like water unless it's ice cold.

It might also help to be dehydrated.

That would do the trick.

Another reason why I like you. :)

Great minds.

I'll get my caffeine from what you'd probably call sweet tea (iced.)

I drink unsweetened tea for caffeine. I do sweeten it with a stevia sweetener. I'm trying to avoid carbonated drinks.

hmmm... I guess I can't really imagine being pregnant! :laughing:

I should hope now.

I've enjoyed it enough, but prefer other places.

What other places?

This is what I typically order. It's not bad.

I've tried to get something different each time.

I like that one where she's got the hat on him. :)

Me too.

Heh. Not everyday you get to push your older sibling around, ya know.

:rotfl2:
Glad you got her a ticket, even if you couldn't use your discount.
I was glad too!

I’ve never been to Skipper’s but your food looked good and I’m sure it tastes even better at 50% off 😝
Absolutely!!

I’m betting you were happy to get a ticket for Danielle to join you at the Boo Bash. Can’t wait to hear how it was.

This was a first for us, but I'm really looking forward to our 1st MNSSHP in about 2 weeks.

Lovely photos of Michelle and baby bump Dominic

Thank you!!!

Hi! I'm back on the DISboards and your report is the first I caught up on!

Welcome Back! I know you life has been non stop busy. I hope it starts to slow down now that you're in your final destination. I'm honored you started here.

This girls trip sounds like it was so much fun. Not going to lie, when I began reading, I thought Michelle was pregnant with Gabriel. :rotfl:

I'm sure we'll all be getting those 2 pregnancies confused since they were so close together. We did take a trip back after Thanksgiving last year where she was pregnant with Gabriel.

Your photos at ASMo in the Dalmations section are adorable. Love them.

Thank you! Lot of nostalgia for us.

The fall decorations in the MK look great. There were a lot more than I think I realized were there. Glad Skipper Canteen's was another hit.

There were lots more decoration than in 2020.

How exciting that you have another trip coming up. And to Universal, too! I definitely recommend trying the frozen Butterbeer; it's one of my favorite snacks in any theme park.

Frozen Butterbeer is at the top of my list!

Honestly, even without riding the attractions there's a lot to see and explore within the Wizarding World. Just meander through the shops and in front of the windows. You'll see so many little details. Plus, if there are people doing the interactive magic tricks, they are fun to watch. If it gets too hot, sneak into Knockturn Alley. There are benches in there and it's easily fifteen degrees cooler.

Thanks for the great recommendations! I'm really looking forward to seeing it all.

I'm not a fan of Universal's food. To be honest, the dishes in the Wizarding World are the only items I like. But the voodoo donuts are delicious and the sweet potato fries at Cowfish are also tasty.

I will keep these in mind. Thank you!!!

**Raises hands and jumps up and down** Me! Me! Me! I said to my family, figures, it is our 5 year anniversary on Friday, and our first trip since January 2020 with just the two of us! We fly out tomorrow at 11:15 so fingers crossed we make it!

Finger crossed and double crossed the airports stay open. Please keep us updated.

I talked to Danielle today and it didn't sound like Disney was too worried.

I just love the fall decorations. We've never been at that time of year, but maybe sometime
I love them too! I think fall colors are my favorite color combination. We went for the first time in 2020 and now I want to go every year. We missed going in 2022.

I agree, I think they conspire against me on purpose.
Slam dunk win on this case.
Great minds.
::yes::
I drink unsweetened tea for caffeine. I do sweeten it with a stevia sweetener. I'm trying to avoid carbonated drinks.
Gimme my sugar. :laughing:
What other places?
Used to like BOG for lunch and the French onion soup, but... oh well.
Last time I was at Cindy's I had a fantastic Fish En Papillote. I'd go there again for that in a heartbeat!
LTT is really good, but... way too much food for just one.
CHH is great for a lobster roll or some chowder.
And... Tony's has gotten much better and I've had some pretty good food there.

Used to like BOG for lunch and the French onion soup, but... oh well.
I miss this CS lunch so much!

Last time I was at Cindy's I had a fantastic Fish En Papillote. I'd go there again for that in a heartbeat!

Then you should go back.

LTT is really good, but... way too much food for just one.

We have liked out last 2 times here. It was too much for 3 of us but just right when we went with whole crew last year.

CHH is great for a lobster roll or some chowder.

This is my favorite CS and the lobster roll is my go to.

And... Tony's has gotten much better and I've had some pretty good food there.

This is a family favorite for us.

I miss this CS lunch so much!
I am not paying $67 for lunch. Especially when all I want is a bowl of soup!
Then you should go back.
Maybe some day. :)
We have liked out last 2 times here. It was too much for 3 of us but just right when we went with whole crew last year.
I need to find some hungry people to go with! :laughing:
This is my favorite CS and the lobster roll is my go to.
:thumbsup2

I love the baby bump ear hat pictures. I did the same when I was pregnant with Jimmy!!

You're SO close to your trip; so excited for you!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter