Give a Day Fast Pass option

Psychodisney

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have any info on the fast pass option? Which attractions are include? We are hoping to use the FP option and hop to different parks, each of us cashing in the FP option at a different park.

I'm not sure I understand the question. I never heard of a "fastpass option" or "cashing in" on it. What does that mean? Are you thinking about park hopper options?

I'm not sure I understand the question. I never heard of a "fastpass option" or "cashing in" on it. What does that mean? Are you thinking about park hopper options?

When you do the "Give a day, get a day" promotion there is an option of getting an "Ultimate Fastpass" instead of the one day ticket.

When you do the "Give a day, get a day" promotion there is an option of getting an "Ultimate Fastpass" instead of the one day ticket.

i never heard of this either and been all over that site.

can ya tell us more about it

i never heard of this either and been all over that site.

can ya tell us more about it

Check the FAQ, but this is a lot like the "Birthday" promotion of last year. If you have a GAD voucher, and you already have a valid multi-day ticket you are using that day, you have three alternate options:

- a Fastpass Exchange card for yourself and up to 5 guests in your group (who must be present when you get them). It is expected to be identical to the Birthday Fastpass.

- A souvenir mickey hat figurine and trading pins

- Donate your ticket to one of several organizations

Note that no gift card option exists this time.

If you have a valid multi-day ticket you have the option to get "Fastpass Exchange Cards" for each member of your party but not for more than six people total. All members of your party must be present with you to get these cards.

The Cards are valid that day only at that Park only. When inserted in a Fastpass machine they will give a Fastpass for that particular attraction with the current time as the return time. Each Fastpass location will have at least one machine for these available, and it will be available even if the normal Fastpasses for the day have all been distributed.

That said, your choices and limits will vary by park, season, crowd sizes and other arcane factors, such as the phase of the Moon. Each park will have a flyer indicating the rules for that park for that day.

Nice, I did not know this was an option. If anyone can report on how this worked and if they thought it was a good choice, that would be great!

Does anyone have any info on the fast pass option? Which attractions are include? We are hoping to use the FP option and hop to different parks, each of us cashing in the FP option at a different park.

Well I have been to Disney World 2 times, and most of the "major" rides have FP's. I would not reccomend hopping to other parks depending on what you want to do, but that's your choise. Anyway hope this helps....

:)

Good to know. I was thinking about volunteering to get the fastpass but I wasnt sure if each family member would have to volunteer for us all to have the passes. Glad to hear that is not the case.

Are there any perks for your birthday this year or was that just last yrs promo?

Good to know. I was thinking about volunteering to get the fastpass but I wasnt sure if each family member would have to volunteer for us all to have the passes. Glad to hear that is not the case.

Are there any perks for your birthday this year or was that just last yrs promo?

The Birthday promo is done, it was replaced by GAD.

Can you use the card at different rides, like say get a fastpass for peter pan, then later on get a fast pass for another attraction? Or is it a one time only?

Can you use the card at different rides, like say get a fastpass for peter pan, then later on get a fast pass for another attraction? Or is it a one time only?
Yes. It can be used for diferent rides. However, your choices and limits will vary by park, season, crowd sizes and other arcane factors, such as the phase of the Moon. Each park will have a flyer indicating the rules for that park for that day.

We originally were going to do the fast passes since we are AP holders, but we decided getting the 1 day tix and then upgrading to an AP is a better option for us :thumbsup2 Our passes expire in May and we will be returning end of October, so we are going to save the vouchers for our October trip.

Here is what I found to verify the other uses for the GAD ticket

If I have a valid multi-day ticket or an Annual Pass or Passport, is there anything else that I can receive?

Guests who present a valid multi-day ticket or Annual Pass or Passport may choose from one of the following three options instead of receiving the free 1-day, 1-park ticket:

◦Disney's FASTPASS® Special Exchange Cards for certain attractions for you and up to 5 additional members of your party. †
◦A Special Ear Hat figurine with unique trading pins‡
◦Donate your free ticket to one of the select non-profit organizations designated by Disney Parks:

■Boys & Girls Clubs of Southern California
■Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida
■Dreams Take Flight Canada

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/di...t-A-Disney-Day-Terms-Conditions-FAQs#groupOne

It's a one day fastpass good for up to 5 people. So if you do have everyone in your family volunteer, you'll have passes for multiple days. We have 4 volunteering, so for 4 days of our trip, our whole family will have an ultimate fastpass.

Meg

It's a one day fastpass good for up to 5 people. So if you do have everyone in your family volunteer, you'll have passes for multiple days. We have 4 volunteering, so for 4 days of our trip, our whole family will have an ultimate fastpass.

Meg

To be more precise, the guest with the GAD voucher and up to 5 additional guests will receive a Fastpass Exchange card, each with its own set of FP credits. Each guest can then do their own thing with their card - you do not need to all stay together.

And to avoid any confusion, it is not called an Ultimate Fastpass either, which people might believe to mean it is similar to unlimited systems at other parks.

Has anyone used the FP yet? We're going in May and I was going to volunteer but didn't know how to work in the free day ticket into our pkg since it already includes the park tickets. The FP would rock if it is like other's have said.
Would the Free "Day ticket" be good at water parks? Or is it only for the major parks?
Thanks so much!

We plan to use this option so I am subscribing to this thread. This is a great option because we are leaving soon and it amy be that only 2 of us can fit in a volunteer opportunity before we leave. This will still be great for us - with fastpasses for 2 days of our trip. We do tons of volunteering anyways so it is nice to get somethin back this time around!

It's pretty early to be getting first hand reports. Very few probably have managed to register, do their volunteer work, and get the voucher, and then they still have to get to WDW...

Cheshire Figment has said that operationally it will be pretty much the same as the Birthday Fastpass. It remains to be seen if there are any minor differences such as attraction groups, etc. but it doesn't seem like they'll make any changes.

CF, have you had the opportunity to see any of the pamphlets yet?

The voucher cannot be redeemed for waterpark or DQ admission.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter