Given DVC Points by Boss!!!

Free is Free!!! What a great boss!!! Have a wonderful trip!!!

You must post or at least PM me with the careerr website for your DH's employer. :wizard:

Wow ! What an awesome freebie ! I think I'd choose a 2 bedroom villa at one of the DVC resorts over the Poly though----but we just really love the extra space/washer & dryer/full kitchen and jacuzzi tub. I'm sure you'll have a spectacular time at the Poly though. And what a great time of the year to visit. :flower:
I'm thinking maybe the DVC resorts were sold out at this time (early-mid Dec) and that is why you chose the Poly ? Which is no bad consolation by any means :cool1: Wish I had your dh's boss ! But in my profession, we even count our blessings to get leave from work (it's like a lottery) ! LOL
Enjoy ! Have fun ! :banana:

what a great boss i love Polly to but the exra room and perks at DVC make a long vacation very very nice

do what ever you think will be the most fun maybe a split between a dvc and polly

enjoy enjoy

As most of the above have said, I would reconsider the Poly and go with a DVC Villa. You would be amazed at how much more space and comfort you have over a regular room, even one at the Poly.

:cool1: What a cool boss! Now make sure your husband continues to out perform the rest of the office so he can keep getting these perks!!! Maybe this can become his yearly bonus???? That would be way cool! Have fun wherever you decide to stay!

Wow! What a great boss! I was trying to convince my company to purchase DVC to be used as a sales perk for our Sales force but my boss owns Marriott and didn't think this was a worthwhile investment. Annmarie

DISDARLING , That is a great offer your boss gave you and your family. I hope you secured your ressies already, going the time of year that you are going, if you dont make your ressies now the closer we get the rooms will be gone. There are certain amount of rooms per resort that are non dvc resorts that we are aloud to book on points. Make sure your boss calls soon to reserve your room. You made a great choice. If you have never stayed on the monorail now is the time to do it. Those resorts can cost you up to $600
a night during christmas. Most of the dvc resorts are sold out for christmas already on points. Good Luck and enjoy ! :wizard:

wdwstar said:
DISDARLING , That is a great offer your boss gave you and your family. I hope you secured your ressies already, going the time of year that you are going, if you dont make your ressies now the closer we get the rooms will be gone. There are certain amount of rooms per resort that are non dvc resorts that we are aloud to book on points. Make sure your boss calls soon to reserve your room. You made a great choice. If you have never stayed on the monorail now is the time to do it. Those resorts can cost you up to $600
a night during christmas. Most of the dvc resorts are sold out for christmas already on points. Good Luck and enjoy ! :wizard:

Thanks!! We are staying Polynesian concierge, and it was made about 2 weeks ago- hubby is getting the confirmation # this week- VERY excited!! I know people like the villas, but Im not a fan of them and I feel more "Disney" when I am closer to the parks and I cant WAIT to see the Castle when I wake up in the morning!!
Thanks for posting!!

dont forget to sit on the poly beach facing the castle watching the fireworks or eating at ohana with a window seat looking at the castle at night or swimming in the pool while looking across at the castle..... :goodvibes

:sunny: ALOHA :sunny:

DisDarling said:
Thanks!! We are staying Polynesian concierge, and it was made about 2 weeks ago- hubby is getting the confirmation # this week- VERY excited!! I know people like the villas, but Im not a fan of them and I feel more "Disney" when I am closer to the parks and I cant WAIT to see the Castle when I wake up in the morning!!
Thanks for posting!!

I hope you have a wonderful time!! I think posters on this thread were not meaning to say that the villas were "better" than the Poly, if you love it, then it is certainly the best for you (especially concierge). It's just that using DVC points for non-DVC properties is not a very good deal. To stay in one room at the Poly concierge for one week this time of year costs 473 points. To buy that many points in DVC would cost (at $98 per point) over $46,000...something many people on this board would LOVE to be able to do. Most people spend around $15K and have 150 points. Your one week at the Poly would take up 3yrs worth of their points.

The points belong to your boss, and he can do with them whatever he wants. If he wants to let you stay in a hotel room for 500 points...that is his business. But, understand that most posters on this board spend much of their free time trying to "stretch" the best possible use of their points. When you mention that someone has offered you a vacation at WDW, and you choose a "not frugal" way to use those points....it sends chills down the backs of those who work so hard to maximize use of their points.

FWIW, I think you have an AMAZING boss!!! His maintenance fees alone on the points you are using are almost $2000...not to mention what he paid for those points. Granted he can write a lot of it off, but still...it's really nice of him!!!!

I hope you have a WONDERFUL time!!! And, please don't mis-interpret my posts (or anyone else's for that matter)....if you love the Poly, then it IS the best resort for you.

I would definitely do something REALLY nice for your boss!!!

:wave:

Beca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter