Glee!!!!!!

WOW what a wonderful scene between Kurt and his Dad. We were both crying. I really hope they get an award for that:love: I love Glee

Roomie and I are catching up on the second half of the season. I don't care for this bit as much because it's turning into a soap, and the caricatures are getting annoying, and running jokes are growing stale, and there's a song every few minutes.

BUT, I looooooove Kurt's/Chris Colfer's performance and Kurt's and Mercedes' show-stopping numbers...incredible. They're quickly becoming my favorite characters. Maybe the next episode will be super-fresh.

Roomie and I are catching up on the second half of the season. I don't care for this bit as much because it's turning into a soap, and the caricatures are getting annoying, and running jokes are growing stale, and there's a song every few minutes.

Okay NOW I feel like I can say something - cause I thought it was just me-
But I've tried to give this show a chance - seen like 5 episodes and so far I am underwhelmed - yes very soap opera like and so far very formulaic and redundant.
I love jane lynch - have since Waiting for Guffman. And also Kristin Chenoweth - love her in most stuff but especially Pushing up Daisies.
Some of the bigger numbers are good but for the most I'm not feeling it.

I have already proclaimed on FaceBook, so I might as well proclaim here:
I do NOT "get" Glee. Don't get it. Can't wrap my head around what the show is supposed to be. A parody? Ironic? Serious? When I watch I am so distracted by the feeling that they can't find their niche that I can't concentrate on the episode.

The musical numbers are mostly enjoyable, and obviously the cast is talented. I am missing something about the intent of the show, though. I think if I understood the motivation behind it I might be able to understand better.

AMAZING EPISODE TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neil Patrick Harris was so good! Loved the duet with him and Matthew Morrison.

How awesome is Kevin McHale? Loved his Safety Dance/Flash Mob day dream.

The duet between Lea Michelle and Idina Menzel? TO. DIE. FOR! So awesome. And I love that Shelby has been revealed as Rachel's mom!

Also loved the cameo of Orlando area actor, Paul Vogt as the director at the community theatre.

Which brings me to the most terrifying thought of the evening: Community Theatre Productions of Les Miz! :scared:

I think I'm going to have nightmares for a week at the mere thought of that! :scared1:

i really enjoyed this week's episode. And I LOVED the boy is mine from last week i listen to it all the time now.

Agree that the Lea/Idina duet was stunning. Emma loved it so much that I was able to negotiate it into a reward. If she maintains good behavior and no attitude for this whole week we will download it for her iPod. Of course the fact that I want it for myself is not "need to know" information for her.

I can say though that I am a little surprised that there was a community theatre production of Les Mis and Rachel was nowhere to be seen auditioning with "On My Own."

I loved the "Dream On" number, and appreciated that even if for a few minutes, Will had someone else to talk to other than Sue (*****fest), Figgins (whining), Emma (mooning), or the kids (teaching). It's too bad NPH can't join the cast. :(

Just when you think you can't love Kurt's dad any more than you arleady do . . .

Wow. Great scene!

I have to say I liked the Gaga stuff more than I expected to (I'm not a fan)

Good episode.

And interesting news this week. Glee hasn't finished it's first season yet, hasn't even started filming it's second season which begins next fall, but it's already been renewed for a THIRD! :banana:

Kurt's coming out and his dad's acceptance of it continues to be great.

Idina and Michelle singing Poker Face was so awesome.

I also have a soft spot in my heart for the Kiss song Beth.

It was a good episode.

I was absolutely crying during the kurt/burt/finn scene. What a well done scene by all three actors, but I especially love the portrayal of Burt. I love the depth of this particular character. It really hits home for me, since I've used that particular argument on family more than once in defense of my brother.

I'm glad that they are finally showing the problems Kurt goes through in school because they are REAL problems that face "different" kids. They're doing a great job with that aspect of the story.

And I absolutely adore Puck/Mark Salling. Beth was a great number, although seeing him all decked out in KISS gear and face paint was hilarious. If you youtube "glee" a little ways down the list will be his song he wrote/performed/stars in as a tribute/funny little ditty about the cast and crew. Such a funny guy.

Just when you think you can't love Kurt's dad any more than you arleady do . . .

Wow. Great scene!

I have to say I liked the Gaga stuff more than I expected to (I'm not a fan)

Good episode.

And interesting news this week. Glee hasn't finished it's first season yet, hasn't even started filming it's second season which begins next fall, but it's already been renewed for a THIRD! :banana:

Aren't we technically in the 2nd season since the first season has come out on DVD already? Not sure.

Anyhoo, LOVED the episode and was blubbering by the end of the scene with Kurt, his Dad and Finn. Heartbreaking.

Aren't we technically in the 2nd season since the first season has come out on DVD already? Not sure.

Nope. Glee was originally only picked up for half a season, so they shot those 13 episodes as one story arc "The Road to Sectionals". When they got picked up for the full season, they realeased the first half on DVD to keep the Gleeks happy while they shot the "back 9" which are airing now.

The second season starts in the fall. And the recently announced third season will begin in the fall of 2011.

On the Big Broadcast Networks (ABC, NBC, CBS, & FOX and do a lesser extend CW) the "Season" runs from around September until around May, and is typically 22 to 26 episodes in length.

The cable channels have recently introduced the concept of "Mini Seasons" that air in a block of about half what the broadcast networks would call the season and they've begun airing them whenever they feel like it (and to fill in the gap in the summer months, where the networks would traditionally be showing re-runs). That's why we now see two "seasons" of True Blood a year, but still only one season of Desperate Housewives.

Can you tell that Scott used to live in Hollywood, and that I've picked up WAY too much information from him? :rotfl2:

I loved when the Glee kids all showed up in costume when the 2 jocks were going to fight with Kurt and Finn :rotfl:

I did think the "Poker Face" bit was placed poorly, and I wasn't a fan of it. Other than that I loved the whole show!

Nope. Glee was originally only picked up for half a season, so they shot those 13 episodes as one story arc "The Road to Sectionals". When they got picked up for the second season, they realeased the first half on DVD to keep the Gleeks happy while they shot the "back 9" which are airing now.

The second season starts in the fall. And the recently announced third season will begin in the fall of 2011.

On the Big Broadcast Networks (ABC, NBC, CBS, & FOX and do a lesser extend CW) the "Season" runs from around September until around May, and is typically 22 to 26 episodes in length.

The cable channels have recently introduced the concept of "Mini Seasons" that air in a block of about half what the broadcast networks would call the season and they've begun airing them whenever they feel like it (and to fill in the gap in the summer months, where the networks would traditionally be showing re-runs). That's why we now see two "seasons" of True Blood a year, but still only one season of Desperate Housewives.

Can you tell that Scott used to live in Hollywood, and that I've picked up WAY too much information from him? :rotfl2:

Well there ya go. :) LOL Thanks for the info honey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter