Glitch in the new system - 190 Day ADRs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just spent 3 hours trying to make ressie for Dec 30, 2010. I log into www.disneyworld.com, go to dining reservations, put in my date (which then prompts me to put in my confirmation #). I manually type in 12/30/2010, put in time and # of people. I keep getting invalid date. If i leave the date at 6/24/2010 I get a list of options for 6/24/10. Everytime I type in or click 12/30/2010 I get told invalid date. Have windows 8 and even installed google chrome and attempted it there. My room ressie is with our DVC membership so i tried the DVC member page. Same thing happened. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

What are you putting in as your check-in date? It will ony allow you to put in a check-in date up to 12/21 as of today. Even if that isn't your check-in date (if you are checking in later that is) use that date. If you try to put in a later date, it won't let you. Then try using their calendar instead of manually typing in your reservation date. It has worked for me every time. I've gotten all of my ADRs so far including for 12/31 and we don't check in until 12/27.

I have just spent 3 hours trying to make ressie for Dec 30, 2010. I log into www.disneyworld.com, go to dining reservations, put in my date (which then prompts me to put in my confirmation #). I manually type in 12/30/2010, put in time and # of people. I keep getting invalid date. If i leave the date at 6/24/2010 I get a list of options for 6/24/10. Everytime I type in or click 12/30/2010 I get told invalid date. Have windows 8 and even installed google chrome and attempted it there. My room ressie is with our DVC membership so i tried the DVC member page. Same thing happened. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1. Log in to the WDW site
  2. Click "Make Dining Reservations"
  3. Select a date of dining between 180 and 190 days out
  4. When prompted, click the link to confirm your resort reservation
  5. Enter in your confirmation number and a date. Use either today's date, or some random date between today and 180days from now (using the calendar is the best option for this!)
  6. Click Submit and change the Dining Reservation search date again (it will revert back to today)

The key thing is that you were attempting to enter your resort confirmation as the "proper" date, which, since it's more than 180 days out, is "invalid". The trick is to enter any date within 180 days (I just tried it with today's date and it let me through) and not your actual confirmation date.

---
While testing this out, it looks like some messaging changed:
Why you should confirm

Resort Guests can book dining for the first 10 days of their vacation starting 180 days before the first day of the vacation.

The same happened to me last night. It was apparently a temporary glitch.

Earlier in the day, the system was working, but most of the restaurants supposedly had "no availability" because they apparently hadn't been loaded in to the system yet.

See this thread for more detail:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2493711

Things appear to be working normally this morning.

Yay! I'm in but have now been waiting for 20+ minutes for my confirmation. Getting dizzy watching Mickey heads go by lol. Is this typical wait time?

Yay! I'm in but have now been waiting for 20+ minutes for my confirmation. Getting dizzy watching Mickey heads go by lol. Is this typical wait time?

That happened to me, it too forever, I think I closed it after an hour. Check your email, it should be in there. If not, open up another window, go to the Disney Dining page, click on "My Reservations" near the top. :thumbsup2

Hi Everyone,

THANK YOU so much for this thread. I had no idea about the 190 day thing/how to do it. You guys were so helpful. I just made all my ressies for Christmas week (we're checking in on 12/22). I was so nervous because I knew that our restaurant choices are popular and it's such a busy week. We got everything we wanted thanks to you guys. Pixie dust to you all.

On a side note, has anyone figured out how to book the Candlelight Processional online?

Thanks again!

On a side note, has anyone figured out how to book the Candlelight Processional online?

Thanks again!
You can't. I believe that they'll typically release the packages in July (maybe it was August... too much stuff being released in those 2 months thing it's all jumbled up). Once they are released, the word on the street is that they'll be Phone Only (much like the Fantasmic Packages).

thanks to everyone who helped with advice and tips. it was my first time booking ADRs online and was able to take advantage of the glitch. thanks for answering my dumb questions. luck shined on us and we were able to book Christmas dinner at le cellier.

Adding a new issue in here (this is slowly changing from a "190 day glitch" thread to a general "bugs and issues with online dining reservations" thread :p)...

Recently, over the past few days, several people have been getting a few different issues. None of these have any known solutions other than to call. Though you can try a different web browser to see if that's the cause.

• 500 Service Unavailable - This is typically a server-side error and is pretty vague. It can be caused by a number of things from ISP issues to database issues. Users are typically getting this on confirming certain restaurants.
  • Slow Load Times/Endless Loops - Typically when confirming a booking as well. More than likely the same issue as above (or at least related). Users will just sit and watch the loading animation for several minutes (some have waited upwards of 20-30) while nothing happens
  • No availability at all - Some users have reported that they are having availability issues as certain locations that would typically not be booked. On the phone they are able to book with no problems, but the inventory is not showing up online.
  • Select a time and nothing happens - Some users have reported (and I've seen it myself, though in testing for others) that sometimes they'll get a booking time at a restaurant and it will do nothing when they select it and choose to book the reservation. The page may "refresh", but nothing else happens.
As I mentioned above, the solution is basically to call for all of the issues above, we have no known workarounds on our side yet.

Cafeen and a few others told me about this glitch yesterday, but I've tried booking for Boma for breakfast on January 4 and keep getting the 503 Internal Error. It lets me get through to putting in my name and contact number, and it fails on the confirmation page. I made a reservation for California Grill that night and for Boma the next day for dinner, so I'm not sure what the issue is. Guess I'll just try on Saturday (my actual 180 day window) by phone or online to see if it finally lets me confirm the Boma breakfast reservation.

Thanks for this thread!

Oddly, I can only go out 188 days. I have no problem with January 4th and earlier even though the 5th and 6th (189 and 190 respectively) show up on the calendar. Anyone had that happen?

Cafeen and a few others told me about this glitch yesterday, but I've tried booking for Boma for breakfast on January 4 and keep getting the 503 Internal Error. It lets me get through to putting in my name and contact number, and it fails on the confirmation page. I made a reservation for California Grill that night and for Boma the next day for dinner, so I'm not sure what the issue is. Guess I'll just try on Saturday (my actual 180 day window) by phone or online to see if it finally lets me confirm the Boma breakfast reservation.

Thanks for this thread!
A HTTP503 error is typically caused by some sort of system maintenance (hm, no red squiggly line, yet that looks very wrong). Strange that it let you through on CG and the next day's Boma though, unless it had failed-over to a backup processing server by that time? I don't know.

Most likely, nothing on your end to prevent that though.

More info regarding 503 errors

Oddly, I can only go out 188 days. I have no problem with January 4th and earlier even though the 5th and 6th (189 and 190 respectively) show up on the calendar. Anyone had that happen?
That happens late at night. More than likely having to do with processing of the further out days they'll disappear off the calendar. Closer in days don't have that issue, as the bulk of new reservations (at least at a given time) are typically done at the max date. The rest trickle in and the calendar doesn't need to close for processing them.

A HTTP503 error is typically caused by some sort of system maintenance (hm, no red squiggly line, yet that looks very wrong). Strange that it let you through on CG and the next day's Boma though, unless it had failed-over to a backup processing server by that time? I don't know.

Most likely, nothing on your end to prevent that though.

More info regarding 503 errors

When I try to reserve Boma breakfast, the web page title is "500 Internal Server Error" and gives me this message:
Error 500 - Server Error

There was a server error, apologies for the inconvenience.

It completely logs me out when I try to confirm the Boma breakfast for that day. It let me confirm Boma at 7:45 on 12/30, 12/31, and 1/1, but not after that. I'm not sure what the deal is. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go cancel those 3 reservations! I had to let each confirm to see if Boma breakfast was the problem (given that the confirmation step is the one that fails).

I kept getting the 503 Error this morning, but tried again about an hour ago and got in just fine! :banana:

Still getting the 500Error message when trying to confirm our last breakfast. (Maybe WDW just doesn't want us to leave!;)) Anyway, so this morning I called and tried to get the ressie that way and the CM had the same error message. She said it's been doing it off and on and to try again later. So far though, it's been pretty consistent for me. I've gotten the error message no matter what time of day I try. I'm just glad that I was able to get all of my ADR's before this problem started occurring. I just have that one last breakfast. Grr. I guess if worse comes to worse, we'll just wing it.

rainman1962 said:

That happens late at night. More than likely having to do with processing of the further out days they'll disappear off the calendar. Closer in days don't have that issue, as the bulk of new reservations (at least at a given time) are typically done at the max date. The rest trickle in and the calendar doesn't need to close for processing them.

Actually, it continues today (June 30th), I can only see out to January 6th. That is only 187 days out. Why can't I see out to January 9th?

Actually, it continues today (June 30th), I can only see out to January 6th. That is only 187 days out. Why can't I see out to January 9th?

We're 190 days out from January 6th Today

31 - Days in July
31 - Days in August
30 - Days in September
31 - Days in October
30 - Days in November
31 - Days in December
06 - Days in January
190 - Days

I think your calculator is wrong. 10 Jul is the 180 day mark for 6 Jan, putting 30 Jun as the 190 day mark. (I confirmed this with both the PSCalculator as well as by counting).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter