GLOW II: The Bounceback... Multiple Meets!!!.. First 1/2 of Sept 2008

Question on the Night of Joy.............. How does that affect crowd levels on a whole during those days? What exactly can I expect while we are down there? We've always missed it, so I have no clue:confused:

It shouldn't affect them... it's only at MGM.... kind of like how the P&P parties and the other specific parties are...

I'm in the process of planning trips for 2 friends right now, 1 in April & 1 in June. I love to help out but I'm amazed at how little "regular" people know about Disney. One (the April vac) said she's thinking about HDDR but would wait until they got down there to decide!!!

I, on the other hand, have to get my ADR's settled in the next month, so excited to be going again!!!! Night of Joy is the Friday & Sat I get down so either of those nights would probably good for a meet.

Gail

How fun!!! I too am planning other folks trips.... just helped someone w/ a january trip and have someone going in April also.... I am so excited for may 3rd to come to do my adr's :D

for all that have done disney in the sept in the past...give me the good the bad and the ugly.
i know that florida in sept is still warm and maybe a afternoon rain is likely but i need more info??!!
thanks kerri
Weather... not bad at all not quite as hot as june and july... a little cooler than august... It's livable at the least....

Crowds... ya never know... depends on how many people do free dining if it is offered to public in april.

Afternoon rain... very likely... but as most florida rain... comes and goes pretty fast...

When we went this last September, it was hot. Not as hot as June, but still hot!!!

And we had torrential downpours every evening. Never rained a drop during the day though!!! Our first night it was clear as a bell when we left for dinner, so I stupidly left our rain stuff in our room. BIG MISTAKE. It poured for a good 1-2 hours, and I mean poured. We were soaked down to our undies or diaper if you look at my youngest DS. His stroller took forever to dry out. We had to use the room blowdryer on the padding so we'd be able to use it the next morning. It wasn't that bad everynight that we were there, but there were a few that rained quite a long time though. My biggest piece of advise to you, don't leave without your rain gear.

Make your ADR's 180 days out!!! This is a nessessity!!! Things book up really fast, especially if free dining is offered to the general public.

thanks annie for the the weather update. see this is my fear..rain and lots of it. i well we can handle the heat but the rain is something we will have to deal with. i just hate the thought of it "raining on our parade" what do u guys do well a rain storm passes? any advice would be great

thanks annie for the the weather update. see this is my fear..rain and lots of it. i well we can handle the heat but the rain is something we will have to deal with. i just hate the thought of it "raining on our parade" what do u guys do well a rain storm passes? any advice would be great

What to do while it rains? Sometimes we duck into a store or attraction, but so does everyone else so the stores especially can get pretty crowded. Mostly we just put up the umbrellas and keep on trucking! We're from the Northwest, so we're used to rain, but do like that it stays warm in FL (as opposed to here, where it can be raining and 35 degrees) so, even if you do get a little wet, at least you're not uncomfortably cold.

Others do the poncho thing; we prefer umbrellas because they're easier for us to fold up and carry (which we do--everywhere--every day--right Annie?). The ones from the Dollar store only cost $1 (duh), and they fold up really small (we can fit 4 in a small gift shop bag, which we replace frequently--all that souvenier shopping pays off). If you prefer ponchoes, you can also get those at the Dollar store in packs of 2 for $1. We also wear crocs (no socks), so feet dry out quickly (I hate walking around in squishy, wet socks and shoes all day).

Only about a month until we can begin making ADR's (come on Sept park hours)! What's everyone thinking about, especially since we'll be using the new, (un)improved (but still mostly free) DDP? I'm thinking more buffets (we can still get "appetizers" without having to pay more OOP, plus I might just leave a slightly lower tip without feeling as guilty). We're doing Boma at least a couple of times, Crystal Palace, and I really want to try Biergarten this trip (since I pigged out at the F&WF last time and we had to cancel our Biergarten).

thanks thunder for the advice too.
but about dinning. we would love to do the following
chef mickeys (breakfast or dinner)
crt for breakfast
norways storybook for breakfast
sci fi for late lunch
ohanas for breakfast
and then we will have one more ts to use and we havent figured that one out yet

if i get 7 ts ..and crt uses 2ts credits..i have one left? anyone have any suggestions? im not sure what to use it for

Hi Tanya!!! :)

Im subbing to this cause you know I wanna come back In sept!...If we do go it will be 1-9, 12-19 or 22-28- not quite sure yet. Like Baecky said I am holding out for free dining promo!
Glad to see some returning GLOWERS on this thread! :D

Im subbing to this cause you know I wanna come back In sept!...If we do go it will be 1-9, 12-19 or 22-28- not quite sure yet. Like Baecky said I am holding out for free dining promo!

Heya girlie.... I vote for 1-9th hehe... so I get more chances to hang w/ ya!!

if i get 7 ts ..and crt uses 2ts credits..i have one left? anyone have any suggestions? im not sure what to use it for

Yeah... that'd leave you one.... I'd go for Le Cellier.... that's our family's favorite by miles.... we just love it there!!

What to do while it rains? Sometimes we duck into a store or attraction, but so does everyone else so the stores especially can get pretty crowded. Mostly we just put up the umbrellas and keep on trucking! We're from the Northwest, so we're used to rain, but do like that it stays warm in FL (as opposed to here, where it can be raining and 35 degrees) so, even if you do get a little wet, at least you're not uncomfortably cold.

Others do the poncho thing; we prefer umbrellas because they're easier for us to fold up and carry (which we do--everywhere--every day--right Annie?). The ones from the Dollar store only cost $1 (duh), and they fold up really small (we can fit 4 in a small gift shop bag, which we replace frequently--all that souvenier shopping pays off). If you prefer ponchoes, you can also get those at the Dollar store in packs of 2 for $1. We also wear crocs (no socks), so feet dry out quickly (I hate walking around in squishy, wet socks and shoes all day).

Only about a month until we can begin making ADR's (come on Sept park hours)! What's everyone thinking about, especially since we'll be using the new, (un)improved (but still mostly free) DDP? I'm thinking more buffets (we can still get "appetizers" without having to pay more OOP, plus I might just leave a slightly lower tip without feeling as guilty). We're doing Boma at least a couple of times, Crystal Palace, and I really want to try Biergarten this trip (since I pigged out at the F&WF last time and we had to cancel our Biergarten).

Since we are doing 14 nights we'll be trying our favorites and a bunch of new ones... here's what I have so far
LeCellier
Chef Mickeys
Ohana's (breakfast)
1900 PF (dinner)
Biergarten
Akerhaus (Just DD and I)
Boma
Tusker House
Sci Fi
Crystal Palace OR Tony's
LTT
and... 4 others I can't remember right now...

So, I am looking at either the 1-9 or 22-28th. Will goes moose hunting every year starting on the 15th, so that week is out. I'm looking at a calendar now, and probably the 1-9th will be the best for us. I'll keep you all posted what we decide...of course, it is pending free dining :)

Hey girls !! Nice to see you :grouphug:

Going back between Sept 4th and the 14th

Hope I get to see you all again:flower3:

So, I am looking at either the 1-9 or 22-28th. Will goes moose hunting every year starting on the 15th, so that week is out. I'm looking at a calendar now, and probably the 1-9th will be the best for us. I'll keep you all posted what we decide...of course, it is pending free dining :)
WOOT BECKY!! LETS DO IT 1-9!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sooooo excited !!! I vote for 1-9 toopopcorn::
Yes.. yes..yes :worship:

I soooo miss my Farrah:sad1: .. how's the hubby and the boys ??

Becky: are you still going between Alaska and Portland ??

WOOT WOOT!!! Gettin an assist from keli on convincin those gals :worship:

I am sooooo excited !!! I vote for 1-9 toopopcorn::

Yes.. yes..yes :worship:

I soooo miss my Farrah:sad1: .. how's the hubby and the boys ??

Awww,
I miss you to Kel!!
The boys are great! dane is well, getting ready for surgery on the 18th, They are taking out those pins and screws and metel from when he had his skateboarding accident (remember):rolleyes: Thank you for asking!

we have 4 foster kids so it is crazy here, but I soooo wanna plan a disney trip- hard to find the time though, (and waiting on free dining ofcourse)!:cool1:

Awww,
I miss you to Kel!!
The boys are great! dane is well, getting ready for surgery on the 18th, They are taking out those pins and screws and metel from when he had his skateboarding accident (remember):rolleyes: Thank you for asking!

we have 4 foster kids so it is crazy here, but I soooo wanna plan a disney trip- hard to find the time though, (and waiting on free dining ofcourse)!:cool1:
hehe... no wonder I don't see u around... what a busy gal.... let me know if u need any planning assists this year...glad to help :woohoo:

Aw, Thanks Tanya-- you did sucha great job last year that I may need your assistance again:hug:
Yes..I am very busy and my messenger wont sign me in...I dont know why- maybe the wrong password or something I dunno!

How are things with you and the fam...I got the cuttest b-day invitations ever!! ;) You did a great job on them!

Aw, Thanks Tanya-- you did sucha great job last year that I may need your assistance again:hug:
Yes..I am very busy and my messenger wont sign me in...I dont know why- maybe the wrong password or something I dunno!

How are things with you and the fam...I got the cuttest b-day invitations ever!! ;) You did a great job on them!

You bet... anything u need girlie!!! I'm there for ya!

Try uninstalling it completely and reinstalling... if can't get pw have it send it to ya.... but if you can get your email it should be the same..

I thought you'd like em... It was a requirement that even though we know he can't come that as mini says... "my friend javen" must be invited... Long long story.... you'll be rolling over laughing when I tell u all bout her "javen" comments hehe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter