Goal Getting....my journey....lmhall2000

I told everyone yesterday I needed a MAJOR attitude adjustment... I do think the winter months put people in a tail spin quite fast! Today try to think of all the positives!!! It IS going to be a good day! You ARE going to reach your goal! Your house IS going to sell! Come on! You can do it! :cheer2:

It's been a good night of sleep...I'm about to weigh in...despite that puffy feeling I have I'm going to take whatever the scale says and make this week be a losing week!!! Thanks Sarahsmom...I can really feel myself saying those words back to myself and feel a wee bit stronger today!!! Thanks so much for the support!!!

ONWARDS & DOWNWARDS!!!!
Tara

Well, the scales showed 194.5...I'm taking it!! It's been a tough week adding in wheat toast and even a few slimfasts which could have blown my low-carb loss last week....but it's working out and I'm moving down...although a .5 pound is minor..it's MAJOR in the whole scheme of things! :)

Off to buy my FIRM tape so I can't have an excuse to get my exercise in.

Down we go!!!
Tara

Hi Tara,

Congratulations on the loss. All losses are awesome and sometimes our bodies can only give up a little, so that the next time they give up a lot. Keep up the great work. What FIRM tape are you getting? I love the FIRM.

Hey, Tara, you know what Kathlyn would say. Stick 2 sticks of butter to your forehead and wear those for a while. That's what you lost this week! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!! You are closer to your 150 goal than you were before! :cheer2:

Congratulations on your loss Tara!! Your spirit and motivation are inspiring - I love reading your journals! Keep up the great work. :sunny:

Thanks for the kind words guys!! I am so proud of myself...I went out for dinner with some girlfriends (once a year thing) and in the past could really see scarfing down some chicken tenders/fries/with loaded brownie (Houston's if anyone knows it) But I stuck with the spinach artichoke dip (only had a spoonful and 4 chips) and a caesar salad with grilled chicken and NO dessert!!! I slimfasted the two meals today because I was afraid that I would get there and go crazy....but I did well and really enjoyed my dinner!!! :)

Whew!! Got a pilates tape today...going to try it out tomorrow....

Tara

The scales were okay for me today..especially after having a late meal last night...I usually never eat after 6:30...but we didn't sit down at the restaurant until after 7:30 so that threw me off...going to do that Pilates tape...hope I like it...if not it's off to buy one of the FIRM tapes.

Goal: Add more water in today and try to stick to low-carb as much as possible....got a sore throat this morning...hope it's not strep related from the kids.

Tara

Great job at the restaurant Tara!!! Keep it up - you are doing awesome, and those 1/2 pound losses do add up! :flower:

Sending a quick dose of :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: that your sore throat is nothing more than a tickle and that strep throat will not be diagnosed in your current home again!

Stay well!! :umbrella:

Well, this isn't how I planned...it's 4am and I'm getting my water in...my son woke up at 2am with a bad dream and I have not been able to get back to sleep...my throat feels better but I have so much sinus drainage that I needed water............tomorrow's Saturday oops I mean today is Saturday and I need energy to clean for any showings. water give me rest! :)

Thanks guys...love the encouragment! Staying strong to get fit and healthy! And Geetey...love your little fish and bubbles...hope you hit that 22 pounds in good time! :)

Tara

Hope you are feeling better today !!! Try to get some rest to get rid of the yucky bugs going around! :grouphug:

Hi Tara :wave2: I hope you are feeling better. The water can be so hard to get in sometimes. ::yes:: How many oz are you aiming for? I used to could do 100 oz easily but haven't worked myself up to that again yet. I'm around 64-80 oz right now a day. Hope good news comes on the house soon! :goodvibes: Take Care :)

We went to some friends house to play cards and usually we have munchies at the table...I love Chili's salsa...so I had mostly salsa and about 10 chips with a small caesar salad...but I did have about 10 M&M's...hopefully that won't wreck me.

Sarahsmom!! I'm feeling much much better...did I tell y'all I snuck the last three days dose of my son's antibiotic? And within 2 days I'm feeling almost 100%...he had 7 days of it so I figured he was covered.

Kaye...I'm HORRIBLE with water or any beverage really...I'm like a camel I can go all day without anything to drink...if I'm at a restaurant you can't keep enough water on the table but at home I just forget to pour myself something to drink...I don't even count ounces...most days I get about 16 oz of water and a diet coke or half a diet coke...isn't that pitiful! So really anything above 30 oz. is a good water day for me! :) I'm always in a hurry it seems or doing some task and don't take the time to pour a glass and drink it. Gotta work on that! :)

ONWARDS & DOWNWARDS!!!
Tara

You didn't cheat!!! You were "moderate"! You didn't go overboard, and that is awesome!!! Good work! :cool1: Hope you have a great day! :sunny:

Thanks!! I've been soooo disciplined that one M&M feels like cheating...eating 10 almost puts me in a slump!!! But I had it and it's over....now you've got to tell me what it feels like to be 170!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THAT NUMBER!!! I'm 5'8 and hope that when I hit 170 my size 12's will fit very well...any tips? I've got to start exercising more to tone up my flab...would love to hear what it "feels" like at 170!!!! :) Do you have more energy?

Thanks!
Tara

It just feels so good to see cheekbones!!! My 12's fit like a dream! (I'm 5 ' 11" so I have to buy 12's!!! The best thing is things fit better in the hips!! And yes... I have more energy! :cool1:

Sarahsmom and gang!! I can't believe it! I was so worried to weigh this morning...but I weighed 1.5 pounds less than yesterday!!!! There must be something magical in a bowl of salsa from Chili's! :) I did drink only water yesterday...maybe one sip of my dh's diet coke but otherwise it was all water and I think my body has finally adjusted to adding the carbs back in...yesterday I had whole wheat toast with peanut butter and an orange for lunch and breakfast was an egg/cheese omelet...and dinner was caesar salad with all the dressing, a whole bowl of Chili's salsa and chips to scoop it up with and a handful of M&M's....I thought for sure my body would kick back some pounds for having so many carbs in a day...but I made it out okay!!!

I can't WAIT to fit into a size 12 comfortably without many bulges...and cheekbones are a huge PLUS!!! I can't wait!!! I'm only 13 pounds away from the 170's now!!! :) Being 5'11 you probably look at 170 what I'll look like in the 160's or 150's so that gives me such encouragment!!! :) Keep up the great work!!!

Tara

That is great Tera!!!! Good for you!!!! I am still stuck at 170 so I guess I need to kick it up a notch! You are giving me the encouragement to do it! Thanks!!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter