• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good canvas shoes

PLUTO2

Mouseketeer
I badly sprained my ankle back in June and am still having some pain with it. Can anyone recommend some good canvas shoes to buy? Something that would be good to wear while doing all the walking at WDW. Thanks:D

I'm just curious why you specified canvas shoes. Is it because of the cost or the look of canvas shoes. Usually for me canvas shoes are not as comfortable as running shoes but I do like Ked's. A lot of people can not wear ked's but they are pretty comfortable because they have some arch support. If you think that leather shoes are too hot they have some great mesh type running shoes that are really comfortable. I wear Asics Gel Lytes, they are very light and very supportive. Addidas makes ClimaCool shoes which are a light weight breathable shoe.

I have to say that good shoes make all the difference in a enjoyable experience. Do not worry about how the shoes look with your outfits. Everyone that you see will have running type shoes on.

My mom who IMHO wears the most uncomfortable shoes like Grasshoppers. She says that they are comfortable for her. But I am really into comfortable shoes and she is into cheap shoes that look good with her outfit.

Sharbear

Honestly, I've never had a pair of canvas shoes with good enough arch supports that I could wear them all day on concrete without aching shins by the end of the day. Maybe if you found the best ones you could and added some type of Dr Scholl's (sp?) product you'd have better results.

If you have a moral issue against leather, how do you feel about artificial materials? There are a lot of good hiking sandals made without any animal products. They usually have nylon and other things that aren't natural, but they aren't leather.

I always suggest to anyone that you take 2 different pairs of shoes, 2 different brands, and rotate them each day. The longer you wear the same pair, the more likely you'll get hot spots on your feet.

There are some good athletic/running shoes that are NOT made with leather. They are not canvas, but are more like a mesh or microfiber and some form of rubber. The have great support. I know Nike makes several kinds. The regular canvas style Keds, just don't have enough arch or actual foot support.

I wore a pair of my favorite, broken in canvas sneakers on a trip with my DH...I think they were from Eddie Bauer. I had such bad blisters on my feet that it cost me $40.00 at Goodings for enough mole skin, scissors and foot soaking medicine to be able to even walk!! I had a pair of semi-dressy leather sandals that I wore the rest of the time with my feet literally covered in moleskin. Now it is Tevas all the time and never one blister and they do not have leather on them!!

Tevas are sandals. I don't know if they'd give enough support for an injured ankle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter