good luck trying to call for refund.

I was on hold for an hour. The announcement actually happened while I was on hold so I was hopeful I would get through. I did, but when I asked the CM if they were waiving the cancellation fee, he said I had to speak with Guest Services and put me on hold again - estimated wait time, 2 hours. This is a mess. There is no way they are going to be able to handle the volume of calls they will be getting and rearrange or cancel all of these March trips.

If anyone gets through and finds out what they are saying about refund of park tickets, it would be great to know here. :)

I wouldn't even try calling now. They are going to be slammed with calls and they haven't had hardly any time to even iron everything out yet. But, one thing is certain, Disney, Universal, and any other travel related business or destination is fervently hoping you will come back later, so they're going to do all that they can to ensure that happens. Which means they are highly unlikely to try to rip anyone off in regards to last minute travel chances. I'd suggest being patient, patient, and more patient. Eventually you'll get to talk to someone and get things squared away.

I'm sorry for everyone having to cancel or change plans at the last minute. 😞 I know it's not an issue the magnitude of what some folks are facing right now, but that doesn't change the fact that it's always disappointing to look forward to something and then not have it work out as you were expecting/hoping.

If anyone is able to cancel their room only resort online, at some point, I wonder how long it normally takes for the room only deposit to refund back to your credit card? I know at this point, everything will take a lot longer, but does anyone know how long it used to take the credit to appear on your credit card before any of this happened? Thanks so much.

I made the decision to postpone before they made the announcement. I was on hold about an hour and a half and rescheduled to June. I'm so glad I called earlier today and didn't wait. I really hope this is all over by June, not just for the sake of my trip.

If anyone is able to cancel their room only resort online, at some point, I wonder how long it normally takes for the room only deposit to refund back to your credit card? I know at this point, everything will take a lot longer, but does anyone know how long it used to take the credit to appear on your credit card before any of this happened? Thanks so much.

7 - 10 business days, but I've always seen it sooner than that.

We are due to check in Sat 3/14 - 1 night CBR (cash) followed by 6 nights DVC in Copper Creek. I called minutes after the announcement and it took 14 attempts to get past the busy signal and into call steering. The estimated wait time was 90 minutes. At 100ish minutes a CM picked up. I explained our trip and asked what my options were to cancel the 1st night CBR room as I can't do anything about DVC until tomorrow ... he looked up my reservation and while he did so, I mentioned I was sorry they must be having a rough night with so many people calling etc. No reaction from him but that's ok - I knew he must be stressed and beyond busy. He then asked what my reason was for cancelling ... hmm, so I mentioned the pandemic and WDS announcing park closures. He then told me that I would forfeit the $340 I had paid for the room. I was not expecting this after reading these boards the past few days I'd been hopeful for a better answer, and that was before the announcement! I asked him to repeat what he had said again just to be sure I understood it, and he said I would forfeit the $340, no credit or refund. I then asked very politely if there was anything he could do at all given that we had paid for 6 day park hoppers (military salute) and that I'm uncertain how my DVC points will work. He asked to put me on hold to talk to his supervisor and came back a few minutes later saying that he could give a full refund. Phew! I'm glad I didn't take no for an answer so please don't be afraid to ask ... now to tackle DVC in the morning and then find out what the situation is with my military salute tickets. I feel like it's going to be impossible to find availability later in the year with everyone trying to re-book, plus it's almost impossible to take the kids out of school ... with the military salute tickets expiring mid-December I'm worried we'll lose that $. I didn't want the kiddos to go to bed sad, so we'll need to break the news to them tomorrow :-( Good luck everyone!

I wouldn't even try calling now. They are going to be slammed with calls and they haven't had hardly any time to even iron everything out yet.

THIS! And in some cases (cruise line crew members/officers in particular) the announcement got to the general public before it got to the people on the front lines!!

The solution is to offer refunds without a cancellation deadline.

Namely offer refunds for no-shows on resort reservations that extend into park-closed days.

Then no need to call promptly!

Looked this morning and they have updated the cancellation page to show NO cancellation fee.

I cancelled my room only reservation (3/14-3/21) on the app this morning. NO cancellation fee. It saved both myself and Disney phone time by removing the fee from the online cancellation process.

Packages/rooms will auto cancel within 7 days of scheduled arrival. If you can't cancel online, and don't want to wait on the phone, it will cancel anyway.

I found the answer I was looking for if anyone else needs to know about refunds of tickets and experiences.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/travel-information/

Was nice to see our APs get extended out by the amount of days they close down. Not that it really helps us all that much in reality (our passes expire 12/24) as we won't be visiting around that time, but where I benefit is that it pushes out my 30 day renewal window that much closer to when I usually receive my bonus at work (provided that will still be a thing).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter