Great time at BCV

We had the same thing. It was great and also very comfortable. I told the kids i was going to take it and make them sleep in our queen.

Thanks for the report. Very good to know about the BCV checkin. I hope the experiment works out and the service continues.:thumbsup2

I'm so happy the new hall carpet is of the same design. I loved the original. Hopefully, this time it will wear better.

Thanks for the updates, looks like that much needed carpet replacement is finally happening and glad to hear about the BCV lobby/rotunda check-in. I'll definitely be using that on our upcoming trip in September. I always thought that DVC desk was a waste of space, glad to see them putting it to good use. Since the BC lobby has been redone (ick!) I don't really have a reason to want to visit it anymore (except to see Art of course) so I'll be more than happy to bypass it at check-in.

On a side note, does anyone know what the desk in the Solarium is/was used for? I've often wondered if it was meant to have been a check-in area.

We returned on Friday 8/17. We were in room 336. On Friday, they were replacing the carpet in front of our room. The 4th and 5th floors were complete.

We had one of the new sofa beds. DS said it was very comfy. And, for the record, the pillows and blanket are stuffed in the bed as you open it. I wouldn't want anyone to have to call housekeeping for them. Not that we had to... :rolleyes1

Yes, the desk in the villas lobby area is operational. I don't know what time they open, but they close at 6pm. They were checking people in, and handling dining ADRs.

BCV was wonderful. We took DB's family with us and they loved it! :cool1:

We returned on Friday 8/17. We were in room 336. On Friday, they were replacing the carpet in front of our room. The 4th and 5th floors were complete.

We had one of the new sofa beds. DS said it was very comfy. And, for the record, the pillows and blanket are stuffed in the bed as you open it. I wouldn't want anyone to have to call housekeeping for them. Not that we had to... :rolleyes1

Yes, the desk in the villas lobby area is operational. I don't know what time they open, but they close at 6pm. They were checking people in, and handling dining ADRs.

BCV was wonderful. We took DB's family with us and they loved it! :cool1:

This is terrific. The only downside to my last visit was the stains in the hallway carpets. They had already replaced the pull out couch which my DS found very comfortable. Sounds like they are starting to get the place back in shape. Now if they would just fix the cracks all around SAB.

Maybe they will also provide Gelatto in the BCV lobby!!:banana:

That is great news about the new carpeting. I always thought the origianl carpeting was just too light colored. It had to have been a pain to keep clean. I have beige carpet in our house and I have to spot clean it all the time. I'll have to let mom and dad know their home resort is getting new carpeting. :)

Glad you had a good trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter