Great time at SSR

I saw a TV show a few weeks ago, and it really is easier than you think to get someones credit card #, so I doubt it had anythig to do with Disney or SSR (although there is still the possibility.) At least this thread will serve as a reminder to be careful with your info, even on vacation.

Folks get these numbers from any number of sources, then post them on the internet in a usenet type board. Someone else then "buys" the number and the charges begin. They are often shipped to the home of what may be considered another innocent victim, a lonely someone looking for "love" on the internet...usally the person onf their dreams (whom they've never met in person, mind you) get them to agree to thave the stolen goods shipped to their home, then the second, lovelorn victim pays to re-ship it to their new found love oversees (often Nigeria or a nearby country). The person re-shipping the items is told a story like "I need this for my business, I own a store, but the company won't ship directly to Africa, so can you re-ship it to me, please...I'll pay you back."

Of course, after spending hundreds, or thousands of $$ on re-shipping, the love is suddenly "gone" and the internet friend is never heard from again.

Yep that is exactly how they got mine. And even if you close your credit card account they have your name, address, phone number and email address. Then they begin trying to use all that info to open other fraudulent accounts such as Ebay and Paypal with someone else's stolen card number. It's a cruel world we live in.:sad2:

I saw a TV show a few weeks ago, and it really is easier than you think to get someones credit card #, so I doubt it had anythig to do with Disney or SSR (although there is still the possibility.) At least this thread will serve as a reminder to be careful with your info, even on vacation.

Folks get these numbers from any number of sources, then post them on the internet in a usenet type board. Someone else then "buys" the number and the charges begin. They are often shipped to the home of what may be considered another innocent victim, a lonely someone looking for "love" on the internet...usally the person onf their dreams (whom they've never met in person, mind you) get them to agree to thave the stolen goods shipped to their home, then the second, lovelorn victim pays to re-ship it to their new found love oversees (often Nigeria or a nearby country). The person re-shipping the items is told a story like "I need this for my business, I own a store, but the company won't ship directly to Africa, so can you re-ship it to me, please...I'll pay you back."

Of course, after spending hundreds, or thousands of $$ on re-shipping, the love is suddenly "gone" and the internet friend is never heard from again.

Great info! It is a big bad world out there!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter