Grocery delivery to resorts??

For those of you that have used Safeway, you have to be present for alcohol delivery correct? I’m trying to decide when to have our groceries delivered. We could have them delivered when we first get to the resort on magical express, but there is a good chance that our room won’t be ready at that time. Will bell services hold them and refrigerate them or should I select a later time at night when we know our room will be available?

For those of you that have used Safeway, you have to be present for alcohol delivery correct? I’m trying to decide when to have our groceries delivered. We could have them delivered when we first get to the resort on magical express, but there is a good chance that our room won’t be ready at that time. Will bell services hold them and refrigerate them or should I select a later time at night when we know our room will be available?
Yes, bell services can refrigerate for you. They will also hold any other groceries until your room is ready. If you need to be present for delivery (I'm not sure about that as I've never ordered alcohol), make sure you leave adequate time for Magical Express. I find it usually takes around 90 minutes, but once it took us just under 3 hours. This is from the time our plane arrived at the gate.

Yes, bell services can refrigerate for you. They will also hold any other groceries until your room is ready. If you need to be present for delivery (I'm not sure about that as I've never ordered alcohol), make sure you leave adequate time for Magical Express. I find it usually takes around 90 minutes, but once it took us just under 3 hours. This is from the time our plane arrived at the gate.
3 hours! Yikes! Guess I will stick with that night just to be safe. Thanks!

Yes, you must be present for alcohol - they had to become more strict of this (even if you order twice in the same trip), as underage folks had ordered beer. They will take your ID and make note of it.

For me, the last trip I ordered it to be delivered the first evening we were there. We arrived early, spent the day at a park, so I knew we'd be tired and back at the room not too late.

In my notes on my Safeway order, I said "call my cell at ###-###-#### when you arrive" They called and I gave him our room number, and he brought it all to us. Even though they say no tipping, I tip! I use them at home now every week!

For those using Garden Grocer did you pay $6 for a gallon of milk?! Am I missing something?

Maybe a dumb question, but how much do you usually pay for a gallon of milk? We generally buy half-gallons at the grocery store and I can't remember paying less than maybe $4-$5 for a half-gallon, so $6 for a gallon seems reasonable.

We used Dizzy Dolphin this past summer and were very happy with them. Their mark up didn’t seem as bad as Garden grocer. You can call them and they will tell you how to get things the most cost-efficient way. For example we wanted a lot of water and they told me to order this 32 bottle pack because it was much cheaper than ordering the 24 bottle pack. We did not have to be present to have the alcohol delivered which was a bonus and I really liked their service.

Maybe a dumb question, but how much do you usually pay for a gallon of milk? We generally buy half-gallons at the grocery store and I can't remember paying less than maybe $4-$5 for a half-gallon, so $6 for a gallon seems reasonable.
I pay $1.88 at Kroger for a gallon of milk.

I pay $1.88 at Kroger for a gallon of milk.

LOL

What??? Is it expired? Is the Kroger literally attached to a dairy farm? I know prices in the DC area (where I live) are not representative, but what?

That's one of the few nice things about living in an expensive area - vacation destination prices don't seem that crazy to me.

I was wondering the same thing. Although I usually buy organic I pay $4-$5 for a half gallon. And I'm pretty sure a gallon of regular is at least $5 here at home.

LOL

What??? Is it expired? Is the Kroger literally attached to a dairy farm? I know prices in the DC area (where I live) are not representative, but what?

That's one of the few nice things about living in an expensive area - vacation destination prices don't seem that crazy to me.

We are in Colorado, pretty expensive as far as housing, and milk is about $2.00 gallon here for non organic. $5 or $6 per gallon seems crazy expensive to me.

LOL

What??? Is it expired? Is the Kroger literally attached to a dairy farm? I know prices in the DC area (where I live) are not representative, but what? That's one of the few nice things about living in an expensive area - vacation destination prices don't seem that crazy to me.

I live in Houston. If I went to Whole Foods and bought organic I might pay a bit more but nothing close to $5. I will also refrain from bragging about the fact that I pay WAY less for gas than everyone else in the country does. :-)

Wow. I thought $2 a gallon was like what my parents paid in the 80s, but I guess I'm wrong. Granted, we buy "fancy" stuff (pasture raised, grass-fed, and organic...and yes, from Whole Foods), but I didn't know $2 a gallon milk existed anywhere.

I don't buy premium on most things, for the record, but the milk we buy is insanely delicious and worth every penny.

We've used Garden Grocer for many, many trips now and have always been happy. I just went onto the website to put in an order for the first week in January coming up. WOW! I was very surprised to see that: 1. The selection is *minimal* to what it has been in the past and 2. The prices have sharply increased (They've always been higher, but not THIS high...)
I'm wondering if the selection and price has anything to do with the holiday season? I really have to start looking at other options. I just can't justify what the total was and I'm sure there will be something better. I like the Safeway suggestion!

We've used Garden Grocer for many, many trips now and have always been happy. I just went onto the website to put in an order for the first week in January coming up. WOW! I was very surprised to see that: 1. The selection is *minimal* to what it has been in the past and 2. The prices have sharply increased (They've always been higher, but not THIS high...)
I'm wondering if the selection and price has anything to do with the holiday season? I really have to start looking at other options. I just can't justify what the total was and I'm sure there will be something better. I like the Safeway suggestion!

I thought their prices the last couple years had gone up a lot. Safeway is SO much cheaper, and the service is as good! I have used them at home now the past 4 weeks; haven't even gone to the grocery store at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter