"Grr...No Outside Photographers For Park Weddings!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK yeah that's pretty crappy rule.
But what about people who have their reception in the parks?
Wouldn't that be the same difference? You know what I mean?
Man... we had ours at SBP but I would be pretty peeved if they tell me I can't use roots for ours (regardless where we had it at disney).
Bummer girls... maybe if future brides write to disney they'll listen?
maybe?

I don't think they will be allowed in the parks at all. No outside photographers for ceremonies, receptions or dessert parties.

Like Ember said, I think all disney brides should write, past and future. I would have cancelled my Disney wedding if I couldn't have used Misty for any aspect of our wedding. Disney brides pay way too much money to have to worry that our weddings could be poorly documents.

Does everyone get a post wedding survey to fill out? I got mine yesterday and I am going to try to fit this in somewhere.

Nikki

I don't think they will be allowed in the parks at all. No outside photographers for ceremonies, receptions or dessert parties.

Like Ember said, I think all disney brides should write, past and future. I would have cancelled my Disney wedding if I couldn't have used Misty for any aspect of our wedding. Disney brides pay way too much money to have to worry that our weddings could be poorly documents.

Does everyone get a post wedding survey to fill out? I got mine yesterday and I am going to try to fit this in somewhere.

Nikki

I agree with you and I wish I didn't already submit my survey because I would have added that in there. I think that letters would either

1. Allow outside photographers

or

2. Make Disney hire real professional photographers instead of people who obviously don't care about what they are doing. (with the exception of the few that actually do take nice pictures) and give you more for the money you are spending!!

Wow, I can't believe they have this policy now. We were fortunate to have Randy to take pictures at our wedding, reception, and dessert party which were all inside Epcot. I can't imagine what I would have ended up with if I didn't have his amazing pictures. Plus, Disney Photography would have busted my budget! They definitely need to change their pricing structure now that they aren't allowing in outside competition.

You'll get another survey after your wedding... unless your name is Lurkyloo...:lmao:

:rotfl: I was surprised to see a survey. I was nice in it though because I had Bill and he was great. So for Celeste is awesome too but the photography rule has to go.

I will write an email to the wedding director after work. I used to believe that Disney wouldn't listen to complaints, but I was pleasantly surprised by their handling of a couple of situations I had last year-- one with DFTW and one with WDW.

This is a silly rule. I understand wanting to maintain the integrity of the icon pieces, BUT every tourist takes photos as well and many are posted all over the Internet. The DPS photos I received do not represent Cinderella's castle in a good light at all. Randy would have done a much better job for our MK shoot. Our photographer had been with Disney, allegedly, for 20+ years as a photographer, not just a CM. If he is what they consider quality, they have a major headache coming their way. I feel for all of you that are just beginning your planning!!

Did anyone find out if it's a definite no go for the dessert parties too?

At the moment we have Randy booked for SBP which is fine, but our dessert party is to be at Morocco, so I may have to cancel him for this now and go with pappy Disney photographers at an extra cost now. :sad1:

Mega gutted as we our hoping for an October 21st 09 wedding and because they have that sucky rule that you can't book til 12 months out, this means we're gonna be under the sucky new rules :mad:

I may write an email too................

Yes - it applies to ALL in-park functions, including dessert parties, unfortunately...

Did anyone find out if it's a definite no go for the dessert parties too?

At the moment we have Randy booked for SBP which is fine, but our dessert party is to be at Morocco, so I may have to cancel him for this now and go with pappy Disney photographers at an extra cost now. :sad1:

Mega gutted as we our hoping for an October 21st 09 wedding and because they have that sucky rule that you can't book til 12 months out, this means we're gonna be under the sucky new rules :mad:

I may write an email too................

Anyway you can move your wedding up by a few weeks to fall into the new rules? It might be totally worth it. I would lol.

Anyway you can move your wedding up by a few weeks to fall into the new rules? It might be totally worth it. I would lol.
Nope, we have to go within our school half term holidays (otherwise this was the first thing that entered my head too!!)

Just jumping in here, even though this dosen't affect me and my post may be slightly OT

We are using Disney photog for our pictures because its included in the price and we aren't huge picture people. I think our wedding pictures will be important, but I can buy a lot of things with the money I am saving. Sometimes, when I see some of the beautiful pics on here, I wish we had decided otherwise and then talk myself out of it.

That being said, I would be livid if pictures were a highlight of the day to me. Not so much because I couldn't use an outside photographer, but because, as others have said, I would be forced to use a photographer that I had no knowledge of.

To be honest, this is the main cause of my Disney Photog. doubts. I think others have made a great suggestion: Disney should allow you to have some control over which photographer you get from them if you have to use their photography. Anything less is a cheap shot, in my opinion. You should be able to view samples, talk with, etc. Then you should be able to firmly book just as you can book Randy, Misty, or the Roots. If the one you want is taken, they are taken, just as it would be if you wanted Randy and he is booked.

JMTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter