Guided Fishing Excursions - feedback?

kdka421

DIS Veteran
My husband is looking into booking one of the bass fishing excursions for our upcoming resort-only stay. We're staying at Coronado, so he'd have to travel to another resort to grab the excursion. So since he has to travel regardless, he's looking for input as to which location/body of water might be preferable, for any particular reason.
If you've done a fishing excursion, I'd love to hear which location you fished, how the fishing went/how many fish were caught/etc, and any feedback on the overall experience.
FWIW we're traveling in August so he'd be looking into an early morning trip to avoid the heat of the day.
Also if anyone has input as to how your kids enjoyed the experience, if applicable, trying to decide if our kids (who haven't fished before) would enjoy it or just be bored/restless.
Thank you for any feedback!

I haven't done the fishing excursion (not a fisherman) but I'd think one of the MK resorts would be the place to start from. That way the guide can take you to the best spots in Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake.

My husband is looking into booking one of the bass fishing excursions for our upcoming resort-only stay. We're staying at Coronado, so he'd have to travel to another resort to grab the excursion. So since he has to travel regardless, he's looking for input as to which location/body of water might be preferable, for any particular reason.
If you've done a fishing excursion, I'd love to hear which location you fished, how the fishing went/how many fish were caught/etc, and any feedback on the overall experience.
FWIW we're traveling in August so he'd be looking into an early morning trip to avoid the heat of the day.
Also if anyone has input as to how your kids enjoyed the experience, if applicable, trying to decide if our kids (who haven't fished before) would enjoy it or just be bored/restless.
Thank you for any feedback!
We've done this twice: once from the GF in 2015 and the second time was from the Poly in 2018. Both times were early morning fishing trips to avoid the heat. Our family LOVED this...even myself and DD, and we both are not into fishing at all. Being on the water was so peaceful and beautiful, especially as the resort comes to life in the morning. Our guides were excellent and took us to some really great spots. We caught a LOT of fish! Good luck!

I prefer Bay Lake/Seven Seas Lagoon. Much bigger, more ground to cover, etc. Plus the vibe being out there when the world is still and peaceful is priceless.

In my experience the fishing seems to be decent first thing but then trails off, but such is fishing, it can vary.

Most of the guides we’ve had have been wonderful, with one exception.

How old are the kids? Mine have done it at various ages and enjoy it. DD then 5 did get a little bored towards the end one time and the sun was coming up/it was getting toasty, but overall all good. Kids have to wear life jackets so younger ones can sometimes get a little restless having they on the whole time.

Have fun!

I gave a fishing excursion to my BIL for his birthday on one of our trips. They went out of Fort Wilderness. They had a great time, we were at the CR and one of the spots the guide picked was near the CR boat dock, so we were able to see how they were doing. They caught quite a few fish and went all over the Bay Lake/Seven Seas Lagoon area. They really enjoyed it!

Last edited:
We went out early one morning from the Poly. We were traveling with friends so it was 2 of the adults (Moms slept in) and my DS (16) Friends 2 DD (16 & 10). Our boat pulled in about 26 Large Mouth. The guide not only knew the spots to hit, but spent a lot of time helping make sure the kids were taken care of. I would say it was a great time and one of the trip highlights for the kids.

It’s the best. We’ve been doing it since my sister and I were younger. We are both married now and still enjoy it. We did a trip in 2020 with just our parents like the old days and my dad would never get off the boat if given the chance. He jokes that it’s a shame the boat can’t pick him up from GF, fish, then drive him to Boma lol

I highly recommend the fishing excursion. I've only done it once, but had a great time and would love to do it again. Our excursion was in July 2021. Since it was the middle of summer we chose an early morning trip and I am glad we did. We did our excursion on the lake at Caribbean Beach, but we were already staying there so it was a convenient walk. If I had to travel to a resort for it I would likely choose an excursion on Bay Lake. Our group consisted of my dad, myself and my two boys (ages 11 and 6). All of us caught multiple fish. My youngest son caught the first fish which happened to be his first fish ever so it was extra exciting. Our guide was fantastic.

I prefer Bay Lake/Seven Seas Lagoon. Much bigger, more ground to cover, etc. Plus the vibe being out there when the world is still and peaceful is priceless.

In my experience the fishing seems to be decent first thing but then trails off, but such is fishing, it can vary.

Most of the guides we’ve had have been wonderful, with one exception.

How old are the kids? Mine have done it at various ages and enjoy it. DD then 5 did get a little bored towards the end one time and the sun was coming up/it was getting toasty, but overall all good. Kids have to wear life jackets so younger ones can sometimes get a little restless having they on the whole time.

Have fun!
My girls are 6 and 8. If we weren't thinking about early morning, I would be far more inclined to give it a go and see how they do, but I know they won't be thrilled about an early morning wake up call. Definitely still on the fence.
Good point about the life jacket wearing making them restless.

I'm somewhat surprised to see the unanimous response for Bay Lake, I thought Epcot might be another strong contender. Really appreciate everyone's responses so far, thanks everyone!

I thought Epcot might be another strong contender.
I don't think they actually do fishing in Epcot itself. I believe it's the waterway connecting Epcot to DHS. Could be wrong though.

I don't think they actually do fishing in Epcot itself. I believe it's the waterway connecting Epcot to DHS. Could be wrong though.
The Disney website does mention fishing on Crescent Lake and World Showcase Lagoon - but we all know how (in)accurate the website can sometimes be :)

Do the boats rock much? My daughters both got sick on the boat that took us snorkeling in the ocean last year. It was rocking a lot though. I felt sick too. They did okay while it was moving but once it stopped and just rocked in the waves, they got sick.

Do the boats rock much? My daughters both got sick on the boat that took us snorkeling in the ocean last year. It was rocking a lot though. I felt sick too. They did okay while it was moving but once it stopped and just rocked in the waves, they got sick.

It’s a pontoon boat, pretty stable. The water is quite calm, especially first thing. After that you can get some wake from other boat traffic depending on where you are, but that is temporary. More change for wake on Crescent Lake than the MK one just given smaller size. So overall I would rate it very calm/should be minimal to no concern over sickness, unless you just have a very extreme sensitivity to any sort of boat motion.

It’s a pontoon boat, pretty stable. The water is quite calm, especially first thing. After that you can get some wake from other boat traffic depending on where you are, but that is temporary. More change for wake on Crescent Lake than the MK one just given smaller size. So overall I would rate it very calm/should be minimal to no concern over sickness, unless you just have a very extreme sensitivity to any sort of boat motion.
Thank you! Wake from other boats should be fine. It was the constant rocking that got them.

Would late Nov/early Dec be a decent time to go? I wasn't sure if they run the excursions year round and if it would be worth it at that time of year.

Would late Nov/early Dec be a decent time to go? I wasn't sure if they run the excursions year round and if it would be worth it at that time of year.
I’d say so. Growing up we only went during Jersey Week in the beginning of November, and I want to say maybe once out of 15 fishing trips were we disappointed.

Reviving this thread a bit as I was searching for info on this fishing trips... My son recently got into fishing this year and he loves it. He's 13 and we have a mid-December trip coming up, thinking this would be a great surprise as an early xmas present. How much is the tour? I cannot seem to find the price info anywhere or what times it departs. Thanks all! :) My only worry is that it would be too cold to be on the water in December but we also came last year on Christmas Day and that was during that super abnormal cold Florida got so I may just be traumatized now haha.

Reviving this thread a bit as I was searching for info on this fishing trips... My son recently got into fishing this year and he loves it. He's 13 and we have a mid-December trip coming up, thinking this would be a great surprise as an early xmas present. How much is the tour? I cannot seem to find the price info anywhere or what times it departs. Thanks all! :) My only worry is that it would be too cold to be on the water in December but we also came last year on Christmas Day and that was during that super abnormal cold Florida got so I may just be traumatized now haha.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/fishing/

More info and prices....

https://www.wdwinfo.com/recreation/fishing.htm

You're pretty much paying for the boat and guide, so prices are not per person. When it says $270 for 2 hours in the morning, that's the total cost (before gratuity) whether there are 2 people going out on the boat or 5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter