Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

I also like Lacey Chabert, but I'm getting a little tired of her "poor little me" roles. The ones where she just seems to not know what to do.

I really like Lacey too. But, I know what you mean about the "poor little me" roles.

Autumn Reeser is another one who does the "lost" kind of roles, even though I really like her too. She never knows who she is and what she's here for, and the guy helps her find herself at the end of the movie.

Lacey Chabert--I do like her but I know what you mean on that. I liked her in the first All of My Heart but didn't really like at all the 2 sequels.

OMG! YES!!! I liked the first movie. It was sweet how they both owned half a house and had to get along. She actually had some backbone and strength in that movie, changing from a junior chef in a high powered restaurant, to going after her dream and building a bed & breakfast on her own.

But, the first sequel. :badpc: It was so bad, it was the first and only time I ever thought about writing an IMDb review, warning people off it. It almost ruined seeing the first movie for me. She turned from that capable woman to a whiny, sniveling, adolescent, worried about what people were thinking of her and her relationship, that he was never around. :rolleyes: Seriously, they are CUSTOMERS, they really don't give much of a crap, other than a passing interest, whether he is around.

Meanwhile, he's off, taking a long train ride every day, for a couple hours each way, to do a job, to make money so SHE can have her dream of getting the bed & breakfast up and running. He was only doing it for several weeks. It wasn't a permanent job. :rolleyes: Some people HAVE to do that as a permanent job. They don't get a choice. And there she is, sniveling away, complaining because he's not able to spend time with her FOR SEVERAL WEEKS.
Talk about spoiled, self-centered and entitled!
Gah.gif

Well, besides Lacey Chabert, I liked it because I've been to Rome. That's another reason I watched the one where she went to Belgium (Valentine's movie) - I'd been to Bruges. I was mostly watching the backgrounds.

I loved the Rome movie. They visited an art facility where they were all handpainting items with loving detail, no matter how long it takes. I told my art group to watch it last year.

The Belgium movie always makes me want to have some chocolate while watching. 🍫

My favorites are the older ones.. Fallen Angel with Gary Sinise, Christmas Card, It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year with Henry Winkler,

I loved Fallen Angel. The Christmas Card is one of my favorites. :thumbsup2

I wish Henry Winkler would make another one. But, he's having such a resurgence of a career, especially after winning his first Emmy award a couple years ago. I doubt he will ever have the time or inclination to make another Hallmark movie.

I just saw Chateau Christmas. The storyline was meh. Merritt Patterson is another one who is always "spiritually lost" until the guy comes along and reminds her who she was.

I thought the song played on the piano at the end, "O Holy Night" wasn't a great rendition. I thought all those extra complex notes made the song worse. And there were a lot of low chords banged out for such a normally, gentle song. I actually thought all those extra notes played seemed pretentious. "Listen, I'm a gifted pianist who can do really complicated things to this normally simple song."

What did you guys think?

I thought the song played on the piano at the end, "O Holy Night" wasn't a great rendition. I thought all those extra complex notes made the song worse. And there were a lot of low chords banged out for such a normally, gentle song. I actually thought all those extra notes played seemed pretentious. "Listen, I'm a gifted pianist who can do really complicated things to this normally simple song."

What did you guys think?

I agree, even DH asked what song it was supposed to be and he wasn't even in the room.

Yeah as really need that over on it. In such the new normal on it something positive!

Not sure if it’s been mentioned as I haven’t read the entire thread yet but a great movie (not sure if it was from one of these channels or a stand alone) is The Family Stone. It has several big actors like Sarah Jessica Parker and Luke Wilson. Also Diane Keaton and the guy from Coach. Just watched my first Lifetime movie of the season last night so glad I found this thread!!!

Great to see the ones you guys recommend. I had given up on some Hallmark Xmas movies bc many seemed the same with the same actors etc.especially newer ones, and we also cut the cord. I can watch from Tubi but also Youtube channel and last night I decided to try again Xmas movies and streamed from Youtube an older really really cute movie called The Christmas Bunny with Florence Henderson, it was really good. I'll check out some of the other apps my husband has downloaded to see if you can watch free from those that no longer have cable and I'll post here. I know Modi you can search for a lot of movies for free.

Last edited:
:teacher: Reminder:

Lifetime has new movies on Friday nights, 8pm ET. Repeating 4 hours later at 12am Sat.

I just saw Chateau Christmas. The storyline was meh. Merritt Patterson is another one who is always "spiritually lost" until the guy comes along and reminds her who she was.

What did you guys think?

I made it 15 minutes in and turned it off. It wasn’t good.

Netflix had a new Christmas movie premiere the other day, Holidate. It was funny and cute. Definitely more raunchy then a Hallmark movie, with numerous F-bombs and sexual innuendo, but the overall storyline was very heartwarming.

It’s on my list for this weekend.

O Holy Night is usually my very favorite Christmas Carol! Get goosebumps along with a huge smile of thanks to God, just thinking about it. But this rendition of it that all of you refer to does not sound too good.

Thanks for the reminder Imzadi.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned as I haven’t read the entire thread yet but a great movie (not sure if it was from one of these channels or a stand alone) is The Family Stone. It has several big actors like Sarah Jessica Parker and Luke Wilson. Also Diane Keaton and the guy from Coach. Just watched my first Lifetime movie of the season last night so glad I found this thread!!!

I love that movie. It was just on a couple weeks ago on some cable channel while hubby and I were in a hotel. He came out of the shower and I was bawling...he was like what's wrong, I said this is such a good movie and he said...yea, looks fun. :laughing:

My other favorite holiday movie not Hallmark, Lifetime or one of those other channels, is The Holiday with Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet. :lovestruc

Ooo! I thought, "Oh YES! :love: I'll risk COVID for that." :thumbsup2
It's all about priorities. :rotfl:

:laughing: - If it helps, I felt very safe in ours! All the employees and the few other customers had masks and were carefully avoiding each other, there were tape marks for the register, and I saw one of the staff members walking around with a bottle of disinfecting spray.

Coming Home for Christmas, was on earlier. It's the one where Lacey Chabert gets a job managing an estate that is in the process of being sold. I just noticed that the family she is working for is the Marley family.

I thought, isn't that name a character in Dickens, A Christmas Carol? :scratchin Yep, it's the name of Scrooge's deceased business partner, and the first ghost that visits Scrooge.

Now it makes me wonder if there are other names that are references to classic Christmas books or traditions?

I know when there is a Darcy and Elizabeth, it's from Pride & Prejudice.

Anyone notice other stuff?

There is a character named Reilly is in Christmas Tree Lane, this season. There was also a Riley in an old movie called, Christmas Incorporated, where a Riley works for a toy manufacturer and ends up saving the company.

That's a rather unusual name to use twice. Now I'm wondering if that has some significance? :scratchin

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter