Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

Well, I've gotten my list typed up, and clipboard ready for this year's additions. :santa:

My official recommendations so far (any with a "Personal Favorite" or "Decent - Really" rating) are:

A Storybook Christmas
Borrowed Hearts
Christmas at Dollywood
Dear Secret Santa
Journey Back to Christmas
Random Acts of Christmas
The Christmas Club
The Christmas Hope
Write Before Christmas

I may cave and watch some new ones today.
I normally wouldn't let Christmas take over Halloween, but mother nature seems to have other ideas here:

so I might just go with it!

OMG! YES!!! I liked the first movie. It was sweet how they both owned half a house and had to get along. She actually had some backbone and strength in that movie, changing from a junior chef in a high powered restaurant, to going after her dream and building a bed & breakfast on her own.

But, the first sequel. :badpc: It was so bad, it was the first and only time I ever thought about writing an IMDb review, warning people off it. It almost ruined seeing the first movie for me. She turned from that capable woman to a whiny, sniveling, adolescent, worried about what people were thinking of her and her relationship, that he was never around. :rolleyes: Seriously, they are CUSTOMERS, they really don't give much of a crap, other than a passing interest, whether he is around.

Meanwhile, he's off, taking a long train ride every day, for a couple hours each way, to do a job, to make money so SHE can have her dream of getting the bed & breakfast up and running. He was only doing it for several weeks. It wasn't a permanent job. :rolleyes: Some people HAVE to do that as a permanent job. They don't get a choice. And there she is, sniveling away, complaining because he's not able to spend time with her FOR SEVERAL WEEKS.
Talk about spoiled, self-centered and entitled!
Gah.gif
Right!? Like why did they have to ruin the good chemistry and stuff that I loved from the first movie >:(

And they changed some details here and there; I feel like the goats were changed either the names or something like that can't exactly remember. Ugh I'll watch the first one multiple times. The other ones were def. a one and done.

Netflix had a new Christmas movie premiere the other day, Holidate. It was funny and cute. Definitely more raunchy then a Hallmark movie, with numerous F-bombs and sexual innuendo, but the overall storyline was very heartwarming.
I added that to my list when I saw it, good to know you like it. The other stuff doesn't bug me much but appreciate you mentioning it :)

The Paper Store has our backs this year:
View attachment 535465
Ooo! I thought, "Oh YES! :love: I'll risk COVID for that." :thumbsup2
It's all about priorities. :rotfl:
I'll have to dig around the basement but my husband's grandmother spends $$$$$$$$ every year at Hallmark (though this year..well I'm not sure because she's been isolating mostly this whole time) and she's a proud member of the Keepsake Ornament Club. Anyways she gets the free gifts with a purchase all the time or ones associated with her membership, etc. From time to time she gives me stuff (because she has a TON of it anyways). She gave me a few years ago a whole set from Hallmark that was one of the gift with purchase things. When I find it I'll snap a photo and share it here.

She also has given me Christmas decor over the years. She loves to get those figurines that you paint and then bake (or put in the kiln) so I've got multiple of those things. It's kinda our bonding thing really the love of Hallmark movies and Christmas decor :love:

I love November Christmas, but haven’t seen it in a few years. I think it may be out of the rotation.
That was one of my highest rated movies. I'm not sure exactly when I saw it but it was several years ago. You're right that I haven't seen it in a while. It was an emotional movie for me. I guess childhood illnesses just always get to me

5 mins into A Crafty Christmas Romance on Lifetime...tearing up already 😍

Is it a happy cry?
abf4dc4c.gif
Or a sad cry? :sad:

There's a hallmark movie I think on Sunday night on Mysteries, that's going to be a tearjerker, ugly cry type movie

This movie, Holly & Ivy, on tomorrow nite, look like a sad cry. :sad: This one is definitely being put on the back burner for me.

Anyone who watches Holly & Ivy, PLEASE update us on how sad and how much crying there will be.

Is it a happy cry?
abf4dc4c.gif
Or a sad cry? :sad:

This movie, Holly & Ivy, on tomorrow nite, look like a sad cry. :sad: This one is definitely being put on the back burner for me.

Anyone who watches Holly & Ivy, PLEASE update us on how sad and how much crying there will be.

Well, no more tears in my movie tonight. It wasn't that great after all. But, im definitely watching tomorrow night!

Well, no more tears in my movie tonight. It wasn't that great after all. But, im definitely watching tomorrow night!
I caught the second half of A Crafty Christmas and enjoyed it, especially the ending. we have been watching HallMark Christmas movies for a couple of weeks now, and usually have It on in heavy rotation until Christmas. But, it is nice to watch something on a different channel with different actors and scripts. Lifetime seems to have created a bunch of original movies to run this year Friday through Monday nights. I will definitely check out some more.

I caught a few minutes of a A Very Crafty Christmas last night. I recorded it when it repeated later last night. Thanks to this thread, I was able to add a few extra minutes to the end time! I look forward to watching it probably on Monday.

I caught the second half of A Crafty Christmas and enjoyed it, especially the ending. we have been watching HallMark Christmas movies for a couple of weeks now, and usually have It on in heavy rotation until Christmas. But, it is nice to watch something on a different channel with different actors and scripts. Lifetime seems to have created a bunch of original movies to run this year Friday through Monday nights. I will definitely check out some more.

I miss the ABC Family Christmas movies. Now, it's Freeform, and I'm not seeing the same love for Christmas movies.

I also like this one:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1519929/
I'm big fan of Bruce Greenwood. Loved the series Nowhere Man.

I miss the ABC Family Christmas movies. Now, it's Freeform, and I'm not seeing the same love for Christmas movies.

I also like this one:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1519929/
I'm big fan of Bruce Greenwood. Loved the series Nowhere Man.
That was a very high rated movie for me, pretty sure I cried (which like I mentioned earlier I don't tend to do). If it's one thing RamblingMad we seem to agree on it's tastes in Christmas movies :flower3:

There's one Christmas movie, i think it's on netflix and maybe on UP....its called Heart of Christmas and I ugly cry everytime i watch it

So I just noticed this but the UP movie Christmas on the Range (listed on the article linked from the first page) actually came out last year. The DVD is available at one of the library systems in my metro. UP must have purchased rights to air it.

So I just noticed this but the UP movie Christmas on the Range (listed on the article linked from the first page) actually came out last year. The DVD is available at one of the library systems in my metro. UP must have purchased rights to air it.
A lot of UP movies are re-releases of previous movies from other channels. A lot of times they change the name of the movie and then put out commercials as if it’s new. During the fall they had one with Doris Roberts that they were calling new, even though she’s been gone for years. Turns out it was a Hallmark movie from years ago that they changed the name of. This Christmas there’s one on their channel called The Christmas Gift that’s a rerelease of a Hallmark movie called The Three Gifts.

A lot of UP movies are re-releases of previous movies from other channels. A lot of times they change the name of the movie and then put out commercials as if it’s new. During the fall they had one with Doris Roberts that they were calling new, even though she’s been gone for years. Turns out it was a Hallmark movie from years ago that they changed the name of. This Christmas there’s one on their channel called The Christmas Gift that’s a rerelease of a Hallmark movie called The Three Gifts.
Yes that is true. That's actually part of the confusing part is that the channels can change the names. I've had to do some searching on IMDb and the TV guide just to find the right one sometimes lol. There's also a streaming only channel called PixL. Their movies often make it over to UP as well and sometimes with different names.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter