Halloween Horror Nights theme announced

How is security at HHN? At Six Flags Great America, they were supposed to have a no-touch policy, but enforcement was lax. I'll never forget waiting in a haunted house line and seeing a teen girl in front of me literally kick one of the actors...hard too! In my view, he should have gotten security to kick her out...instead, he just kept following and starting at her, which really started to bug her, and her father finally whirled on the guy and cursed him out in filthy language to leave his daughter alone. No apology for the kicking. That was a few years back, and even then it was getting rather unenjoyable because of the general lack of any sort of control on SFGA's part. I always see lots of security at CityWalk and Mardi Gras was pretty well controlled too, so I'm hoping that carries over for HHN.
It's pretty much the same at HHN...no touching from either party and that's for everyone's safety. Personally...I've never seen any problems while in line or the houses but I'm sure others might have. I think they're pretty quick to act if someone is causing a problem.

How is security at HHN? At Six Flags Great America, they were supposed to have a no-touch policy, but enforcement was lax. I'll never forget waiting in a haunted house line and seeing a teen girl in front of me literally kick one of the actors...hard too! In my view, he should have gotten security to kick her out...instead, he just kept following and starting at her, which really started to bug her, and her father finally whirled on the guy and cursed him out in filthy language to leave his daughter alone. No apology for the kicking. That was a few years back, and even then it was getting rather unenjoyable because of the general lack of any sort of control on SFGA's part. I always see lots of security at CityWalk and Mardi Gras was pretty well controlled too, so I'm hoping that carries over for HHN.

believe it or not, security is very strict. universal hires a lot of cops for security for hhn.
there are many undercover and many in uniform in the park.

last year i was standing around and saw what i thought were 2 park guests bust some kid. it went very quick. from what i understand, people that are busted are taken out of the park to the station.

one kid i saw get busted for underage drinking.

don't worry about security lacking at hhn.

They have updated the Carnival page on the HHN sight! Does anyone know how to start a chainsaw???!!! :scared1:

They have updated the Carnival page on the HHN sight! Does anyone know how to start a chainsaw???!!! :scared1:

Why yes, yes I do...

1. click the knob on left bottom of saw

2. click the button next to the pull cord twice

3. click the button on the top back of the saw

4. click the pull cord 3 times

5. click the trigger

6. click on 'kill'

That'll open it

Lee

Chainsaw1.jpg

Ah, chainsaws....the staple of haunted houses everywhere!

Reminds me of the original Peoples Court (anyone remember Judge Wapner?). Someone sued because they claimed that they had been cut by a chainsaw at a haunted house that one of the actors swiped them with. The manager brought the saw and Wapner near about had a stroke when he put it against his arm...but of course it was harmless because there was no blade. Very graphic and proved their point, since it had no blade at all. The plantiff got a good tongue-lashing from Wapner for bringing a frivilous suit.

Whatever happened to the Darwinite who sued USF a few years back from HHN being too scary? She needs to go in front of Judge Wapner!

Why yes, yes I do...

1. click the knob on left bottom of saw

2. click the button next to the pull cord twice

3. click the button on the top back of the saw

4. click the pull cord 3 times

5. click the trigger

6. click on 'kill'

That'll open it

Lee

Brilliant! Thanks!:thumbsup2

At the risk of sounding obsessed with food, I'm going to ask this question...I think I read on the boards somewhere that if we have stay and scream we should be in the holding area around 4:30 so we can beat the crowds into the houses. My question is, do you plan on eating a late lunch or do you take a break in the action to grab a bite for dinner. Are the resturants open late during HHN?

I'm starting to get scared already! Also a little worried my son (13) won't like it--he hates "jumper-outers".

My question is, do you plan on eating a late lunch or do you take a break in the action to grab a bite for dinner. Are the resturants open late during HHN?

We usually have a big meal around 3:00ish at one of the City Walk restaurants then later in the evening we'll grab a small bite at one of the counter service restaurants that is open during HHN.

I don't know if all the restaurants are open but at least some are during the event.

We usually have a big meal around 3:00ish at one of the City Walk restaurants then later in the evening we'll grab a small bite at one of the counter service restaurants that is open during HHN.

I don't know if all the restaurants are open but at least some are during the event.

Ditto - I remember Monster Cafe and Mel's Diner was open last year on HHN. There was other food available but I can't remember specifics. We ate a nice meal at the RPR pool mid afternoon and headed to the parks by 4 PM.

I as well would reccomend eating a big late lunch. Theres just too much to do in such a short period of time at HHN to have to stop and waste 45 minutes eating dinner.

Theres just too much to do in such a short period of time at HHN to have to stop and waste 45 minutes eating dinner.

What are the hours for HHN? I looked on the HHN website but didn't find what hours it's open.

What are the hours for HHN? I looked on the HHN website but didn't find what hours it's open.
On non-peak nights, I think they close around midnight but on the weekends they go until 1am or so. I could be wrong but I think it's something like that.

I couldn't find this years hours either but last year it was 6:30 - 12:00 on non-peak nights and 6:30 - 2:00 on peak nights...imagine they'll be similar if not the same this year

At the risk of sounding obsessed with food, I'm going to ask this question...I think I read on the boards somewhere that if we have stay and scream we should be in the holding area around 4:30 so we can beat the crowds into the houses. My question is, do you plan on eating a late lunch or do you take a break in the action to grab a bite for dinner. Are the resturants open late during HHN?

I'm starting to get scared already! Also a little worried my son (13) won't like it--he hates "jumper-outers".

lot of places will be open at the studios.

i usually eat around 4 at finnegans. then later in the evening i go to louie's for pizza. i use my ap for the discount for all food at hhn.

you don't have to be at the S & S area until 5:00. and there will be straglers coming to the area even later than that.

i think someone mentioned a few of them, finnegans, monsters, louie, i'll have to look at last years hhn guide to see which others were open.
there was a good number of them open.

Last year, we did HHN on a Sunday. We had pizza for lunch at Louie's. We did the Stay and Scream deal and had HHN express passes. By 10pm, we had done all the houses, the Bill and Ted show, and a couple of scare zones. We left and had a late dinner at Jake's at RPR.

Is there a link or listing of resturants and hours of operation anywhere. I'd like to know how late some are serving, especially the sit down restruants in PBH and maybe some in city walk?

Is there a link or listing of resturants and hours of operation anywhere. I'd like to know how late some are serving, especially the sit down restruants in PBH and maybe some in city walk?

i'll dig out last years hhn guide and check to see what is listed in it for the parks.
you can get the hours for city walk resturants on their website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter