HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #5-- HALLOWEENTIME STARTS SEPT. 9!! SOLD OUT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reply. I just hadn't heard the best about the PTN preferred area. This is my first MHP too, which is why i booked it. Same reason as you. Hopefully there will be some reviews quickly after the first party as we are there on 9/30! Can't wait!!!

Thanks for the reply. I just hadn't heard the best about the PTN preferred area. This is my first MHP too, which is why i booked it. Same reason as you. Hopefully there will be some reviews quickly after the first party as we are there on 9/30! Can't wait!!!

That's our party date too !! When PTN viewing started it was right across from Market House by carnation cafe and that's where we had it. I'm almost wondering if they may use that area again as don't the villains meet in the square closer to the flag area already / though anything is subject to change and having the same area would make sense.

Regardless I think it's worth the shot just arriving a little early. We have 5:10pm reservations at BB Haloween party package.

I was considering booking for the 9/26 party but there just isn't enough information regarding the menu or viewing area for me to do it.

That's our party date too !! When PTN viewing started it was right across from Market House by carnation cafe and that's where we had it. I'm almost wondering if they may use that area again as don't the villains meet in the square closer to the flag area already / though anything is subject to change and having the same area would make sense.

Regardless I think it's worth the shot just arriving a little early. We have 5:10pm reservations at BB Haloween party package.

Cool! we will be there at 5:00 on 9/30! I think you are right that the Villians were supposed to be in town square. so maybe they will go back to the other area. I heard that area was better for viewing, but harder to control non-fast pass guests. If we hear bad things, I guess we can always cancel. I'd rather have the package booked and cancel, than wish i had it! Maybe we will see you at BB! pirate:

I was considering booking for the 9/26 party but there just isn't enough information regarding the menu or viewing area for me to do it.

There's no prepayment so there's no harm in having a reservation. I would make it just in case if you are interested.

Just noticed tickets for Friday, 10/7 are sold out! Friday nights are selling out fast!

That's our party date too! Our very first MHP! I can't wait to read the reviews of the parade viewing area.

Thanks for such a fantastic Halloween forum! This makes finding info so easy! New parade, costume rules, and fun - oh my! ;)

We're attending 3 Mickey's Halloween Parties in October and are so incredibly excited! We're going to the 10/10, 10/12, and 10/14 parties. We were only going to go to 2, but it worked out that we could attend 3 in our dates!

4 Mickey's Halloween party nights are sold out. Just checked because we had to purchase an extra ticket this morning. Those things are going super fast. I hate to say it, but so many of those tickets are ending up on retail places like eBay and are getting sold for $150-200+ upsale. Makes me sad that people buy them all up then sell them like that and I wish Disney would do something about it. It says they are nontransferable but that still doesn't stop people. I guess that's why you have to get tickets really early now. Hopefully everyone was able to get their tickets through Disney for the parties they want to attend.

Anyway, keep the good Halloween fun coming! :cool1: It's just making me more and more excited!

We just bought Mickey's Halloween Party tickets for 9/23. :woohoo: We have never been but we have been to MNSSHP at WDW; any distinct difference we should be aware of or is it pretty much the same?

Am I the only one attending MHP on Halloween night? I suppose it being on Monday is the big reason, but it's the actual holiday and only true Halloween Party! Fingers crossed for record low crowd levels since nobody else is coming ;)

Am I the only one attending MHP on Halloween night? I suppose it being on Monday is the big reason, but it's the actual holiday and only true Halloween Party! Fingers crossed for record low crowd levels since nobody else is coming ;)

The fact that its still not sold out is baffling to me. If I were local I would so be there on halloween night. Alas we are stuck with school breaks so I'll be at the party on the 5th.

We just bought Mickey's Halloween Party tickets for 9/23. :woohoo: We have never been but we have been to MNSSHP at WDW; any distinct difference we should be aware of or is it pretty much the same?
We've done both the past 2 years and I have to say: Less "steps" and walking, more Nightmare before Christmas. A homier vibe at DL. Better show and parade at WDW (but with new parade DL may be catching up) Less character madness ar DLR, but still can be an obsession for some (Jack & Sally vs. 7D). The candy lines were less at DL for us, but we really didn't go for the candy. You will miss the new hub parade/firework viewing area at WDW as DL has the quaint tree lined hub with less open view. Don't miss the Haunted Mansion overlay and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy overlay that are unique to DL.
Other will have more tips, but that is my Sunday morning snapshot. Regardless, don't compare and just go, immerse yourself and have fun!
Mike

It's 65 with a low of 40 in the SB Mountains! :goodvibes Getting majorly in the fall mood! Sipping Pumpkin Spice coffee as I type!

Got party tickets for Sept. 26th and the 30th, with BB package on the 30th, though I don't know if I'll keep it. If the dinner is at least themed like last years I will, but the fact they only mention seating for the parade and not the fireworks too makes me think the spot is the same as Paint the Night, which would be a HUGE bummer!

We are doing 2 of the Halloween parties in three weeks and I can't decide if I want to do a one week photo pass. Do they have special magic shots for the party like MNSSHP?

We are doing 2 of the Halloween parties in three weeks and I can't decide if I want to do a one week photo pass. Do they have special magic shots for the party like MNSSHP?
I believe so! Someone else who knows for sure should verify though lol

So, so tired! Nothing like midnight calls to Disney. lol

But that said, my DD and I are almost ready to go! We are all paid now and we have our bookings/reservations and sort of have our tickets. Only one more booking to make tonight (at midnight again...I think I need a nap!)

It's all been totally crazy and thank you to everyone here! You have enabled us to pull the trigger on so many things we wouldn't have.

Here's our list:
Halloween Party x2 (5 and 7 Oct) - I would have never thought to do two...
Breakfast at Surfs up (Oct 5)
WOC dessert party (Oct 6)
Disney's Happiest Haunts Tour (Oct 5)
Blue Bayou Dinning Package (7 Oct)

Just need to book our Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour and get photo pass.

So excited!

Thanks everyone!

Do you think they will have more spots for Blue Bayou Dining package for Oct. 7th. As of now there is no availability... I wanted to do it for my 35th bday!

Do you think they will have more spots for Blue Bayou Dining package for Oct. 7th. As of now there is no availability... I wanted to do it for my 35th bday!

I don't know that they will open more spots up, but people will cancel so keep checking back often. You could also try calling Disney Dining and ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter