HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #5-- HALLOWEENTIME STARTS SEPT. 9!! SOLD OUT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity, why do people do multiple Halloween Parties? At the price you pay for one, I can't imagine paying that multiple times, especially locals.
My daughter and I are doing two parties because there is too much going on to be able to see and do it all in one night.

Just out of curiosity, why do people do multiple Halloween Parties? At the price you pay for one, I can't imagine paying that multiple times, especially locals.

We always do more than one party. It allows us to concentrate on different things each night without feeling rushed or stressed about missing stuff. It also gives us more than one "first thing" to camp out for ahead of the party (to be near the front of the line for a character that's hard to meet later).

I haven't been to one, but it sounds like it would be hard to actually do &see everything that is offered. I personally wouldn't be able to afford multiple parties (heck it was a tough decision paying for 1 party when I know we won't be able to stay the entire party time due to tired little people). If I had expendabe income I'd love to do multiple parties, but they are soooo expensive (especially this last price hike).

My goal is to do character meet and greets (I only like the characters in costume, so like no princesses), and see the parade and fireworks.. do you think that seems doable if I camp out for the fireworks and then go to the parade afterwards? I thought about maybe dong one treat trail and two rides but I don't want to miss getting a good spot for the fireworks or parade.

My goal is to do character meet and greets (I only like the characters in costume, so like no princesses), and see the parade and fireworks.. do you think that seems doable if I camp out for the fireworks and then go to the parade afterwards? I thought about maybe dong one treat trail and two rides but I don't want to miss getting a good spot for the fireworks or parade.

Do you want to see all of the villains? That requires 2 trips through that line, and some luck not hitting the same ones the second time through. If you want to see Mickey/Minnie in costume, that's a huge time drain as well. At least it was last year.

A lot of it really depends on how good a spot you want for parade and fireworks. I think it's safe to assume that with the parade being new, good spots will be in high demand. You can get a spot out by Small World, but that's not a great spot for the fireworks. People were camping out in front of the castle for fireworks last year within 30 minutes of the party starting.

So my tentative plan is to eat at 4:10 (ADR Carnation Cafe) head to Toontown, leave around 5:45 and go to Town Square and line up for meet and greets, head to Frontier to see the Cadaver Dans & decor, do some rides, watch fireworks, do treat trails, watch the second parade... I'm not camping out for hours to watch the fireworks either... that's a waste to me. We'll watch them from where we can get a spot 30 minutes before show time.

Will there be party specific merchandise? Will it be easy to find? I'm thinking if we watch the second parade from Main Street we can do some quick shopping right after it passes if we haven't had a chance yet or if we watch closer to town square we can hit another M&G before the park closes.

Thoughts??

Do you want to see all of the villains? That requires 2 trips through that line, and some luck not hitting the same ones the second time through. If you want to see Mickey/Minnie in costume, that's a huge time drain as well. At least it was last year.

A lot of it really depends on how good a spot you want for parade and fireworks. I think it's safe to assume that with the parade being new, good spots will be in high demand. You can get a spot out by Small World, but that's not a great spot for the fireworks. People were camping out in front of the castle for fireworks last year within 30 minutes of the party starting.

It depends on the villains, I know for a fact that I would not want to see Maleficent (because she's human.. like you can see her actual human face and not like a complete costume), the evil queen, the evil step sisters (if they are there), I'd probably be okay with the Queen of Hearts but that's it.
I would love to see Mickey and Minnie, but I'm more of a Donald Duck, Chip and Dale kind of person so if I can only get those three I'll be super content.
I'm assuming that the pre-halloween party in toontown with all the mickey and friends characters are going to have different costumes during the actual party right?

It depends on the villains, I know for a fact that I would not want to see Maleficent (because she's human.. like you can see her actual human face and not like a complete costume), the evil queen, the evil step sisters (if they are there), I'd probably be okay with the Queen of Hearts but that's it.
I would love to see Mickey and Minnie, but I'm more of a Donald Duck, Chip and Dale kind of person so if I can only get those three I'll be super content.
I'm assuming that the pre-halloween party in toontown with all the mickey and friends characters are going to have different costumes during the actual party right?

Yes, their costumes are different at the pre-party. They were a cop and robber at the pre-party last year and pirates at the actual party.

Donald was a sorcerer at the pre-party and also a pirate at the party.

Mickey and Minnie were different as well.

You'll have to watch the reports from this year's party. But last year the female villains came out first and switched off every half hour I believe.

The stepsisters did not have a formal meet and greet, they were just wandering for atmosphere. We didn't try to stop them for photos so don't know if they cooperated with that or played evasive games.

So my tentative plan is to eat at 4:10 (ADR Carnation Cafe) head to Toontown, leave around 5:45 and go to Town Square and line up for meet and greets, head to Frontier to see the Cadaver Dans & decor, do some rides, watch fireworks, do treat trails, watch the second parade... I'm not camping out for hours to watch the fireworks either... that's a waste to me. We'll watch them from where we can get a spot 30 minutes before show time.

Will there be party specific merchandise? Will it be easy to find? I'm thinking if we watch the second parade from Main Street we can do some quick shopping right after it passes if we haven't had a chance yet or if we watch closer to town square we can hit another M&G before the park closes.

Thoughts??

I would line up as early as possible for the pre-party and watch for reports on where the lines form when the characters come out. I knew Mickey and Minnie would be in front of City Hall so we weren't first in the pre-party line but we were first to stake out their line (they came out a few minutes after we got there. That let us get their photos, then swing around and enter that same line to be there when they swapped out with Chip and Dale.

The Cadaver Dans were awesome and I highly recommend making time to see them!

We're definitely not local (but always feel like we are when we're in Disneyland :) ), and are planning on 3 this year. We've done as many as 4. We love the parties so much so budget/save throughout the year to purchase the tickets so that we can go to however many we can within our dates.

Like many others have said, there is just too much to do in one night, especially for people who haven't been before. We enjoy trick-or-treating, fireworks, and the parades. We don't usually do characters. Since we've been to so many of them, we can usually budget our time in order to do trick or treating, both parades, and fireworks in one night. Even though we are still able to do that all in one night, we want to see it all again multiple times. Plus, the Halloween Screams fireworks are pretty much the only fireworks we will see when we're there (Fantasy in the Sky is one show that I will not wait more than 10 minutes for). My family absolutely loves the Halloween Parties, so that's where we put our money.

Yes, their costumes are different at the pre-party. They were a cop and robber at the pre-party last year and pirates at the actual party.

Donald was a sorcerer at the pre-party and also a pirate at the party.

Mickey and Minnie were different as well.

You'll have to watch the reports from this year's party. But last year the female villains came out first and switched off every half hour I believe.

The stepsisters did not have a formal meet and greet, they were just wandering for atmosphere. We didn't try to stop them for photos so don't know if they cooperated with that or played evasive games.

They did take pictures with guests last year, but would choose people out if a crowd came up. They chose us because we were dressed like the characters from Cinderella. Anastasia said, "Look mother! It's Cinderella and her entourage!" :rotfl2:

I was finally able to get BB at 6:30 on oct 7th... But I feel like that is a bad time... What do you all think?

Actually, I think that might be a good time. You can go to the toon town preparty then dinner and while you are at dinner you will miss the rush of the start of the party. You will walk out ready to start the party with full bellies and that might enable you to stay later.

I was told it is in front of Starbucks

I would be surprised if it was in front of Starbucks, since the fireworks is usually only a few minutes after the parade and Main Street doesn't provide the best views of HS. Last year IIRC, they had reserved seating at the area around the Partners statue (not sure if this is called the hub?) off to the right side facing the castle. Not sure if it will be in the same area this year or not, but I would be surprised if it was anywhere on Main Street.

Then again, I haven't been following the updates on the BB event so I could be completely wrong! :)

I would be surprised if it was in front of Starbucks, since the fireworks is usually only a few minutes after the parade and Main Street doesn't provide the best views of HS. Last year IIRC, they had reserved seating at the area around the Partners statue (not sure if this is called the hub?) off to the right side facing the castle. Not sure if it will be in the same area this year or not, but I would be surprised if it was anywhere on Main Street.

Then again, I haven't been following the updates on the BB event so I could be completely wrong! :)

If I recall correctly they are advertising it this year as parade viewing with no mention of fireworks (whereas last year it was specifically fireworks viewing), so it isn't necessarily going to be well situated for fireworks. For the price I would like to think that they would try to give adequate viewing for both, but I've heard the Paint the Night viewing location was no good for fireworks, so I wouldn't be too surprised if that's the case here too.

If I recall correctly they are advertising it this year as parade viewing with no mention of fireworks (whereas last year it was specifically fireworks viewing), so it isn't necessarily going to be well situated for fireworks. For the price I would like to think that they would try to give adequate viewing for both, but I've heard the Paint the Night viewing location was no good for fireworks, so I wouldn't be too surprised if that's the case here too.

I think the viewing last year was on benches right in front of the castle, so no parade viewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter