HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #5-- HALLOWEENTIME STARTS SEPT. 9!! SOLD OUT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never waited for Fireworks on Main Street or anywhere on the parade route because I hate using up park time to wait. The two nights we watched Paint the Night we watched near IASW. And I caught fireworks there too, once, which was nice because of the projections.

But, for the Halloween Party I want to see the fireworks somewhere between Main Street and the Hub. I'm cool with waiting for the second parade and watching by IASW. What's your best suggestion to squeeze in and view the fireworks? Once the parade goes by people crowd out to the street, right?

If you're looking looking for me, I'll be crying in the Corner.

My friends who bought my Halloween Party tickets have lost them. They've torn the house apart and no dice. They think they've accidentally been thrown away. Of course all parties during my stay are sold out now.

Will be calling when the phone lines open up again, but I am Holding no hope whatsoever.

What day were you supposed to be going?
http://www.disboards.com/threads/mhp-ticket-refund.3550924/

Got back yesterday. It was so hot during our visit it really made things hard! The heat just left us all exhausted. We had a good time though and rode everything we wanted multiple times. Sunday we really utilized fastpasses since it was pretty busy. The Halloween party was okay..... not something we would do again though. I think had I planned better we would've either done two day hoppers and not done the parks in the morning on party day or added an extra day to our trip and used our third day in the park on Saturday or Wednesday.

I did get to do a lot of things on my bucket list! One of the highlights was being in Cars Land when the lights came on and we got to ride RSR at dusk. We also got to ride BTM twice at night!

Yes, if you are staying on site you can get same day ticket though you need to be at the desk very early; they may also make tickets available if you have family members who already have tickets.

I just came across party ticket resales on ebay and I am beyond disgusted. I did see one person reselling at the same price they paid but everyone else was just scalping the tickets at exorbitant prices. People are selling them for double or even triple the cost.

I was so irritated by it I sat there for ten minutes reporting the auctions to ebay (they dont allow people to resell tickets for events that are nontransferable but they also dont police their listings so if others don't report them they go unnoticed) they will take the auctions down and give strikes to the people who posted them so I suggest if anyone on here see's such auctions in the future that you hit the "report this listing" icon and don't let those crooks get away with it.

They say they went through all possible places - three houses and two cars - with the fine comb. But yeah, I asked them to try again. Only hope right now.

So...do tickets ever be made available day of? Alternatively, can the concierge at the hotels ever make something happen?

I'm ok with being out of luck, I'm just researching my options before I book my flight ...

Yes, there are some, not a lot, of tickets available on the morning (first thing) of the parties. Some are available at the front desk of the on site hotels. You must be a guest at one of those hotels, not just a walk up. Those tickets go quickly. And people reported last year that they were able to purchase a ticket to a sold out party on the morning of at the ticket booths. Some people reported being with someone who already had a ticket. If they could prove that they already had a valid ticket and only needed one more, they were able to purchase. If you read through last year's Halloween thread (the pages where the parties have already started), you'll see that people were able to do this. It's worth a shot, especially for Vala if you will be in the area anyway.

I send a friend who was staying in the DLH by chance to check. She was told that they only have 568 tickets kept back for Hotel guests, and you need a Reservation to get the tickets as theluckyrabbit posted. Supposedly no tickets at all at the ticket booths this year day of.

I will still try the ticket booths in the morning of course, I have nothing to lose. But as I don't even have one ticket that could be hard. Anyone there on 10/10, 10/14 or 10/17 who would volunteer to try and make me their extra ticket? Will offer German chocolate as bribe... incentive I mean.

I send a friend who was staying in the DLH by chance to check. She was told that they only have 568 tickets kept back for Hotel guests, and you need a Reservation to get the tickets as theluckyrabbit posted. Supposedly no tickets at all at the ticket booths this year day of.

I will still try the ticket booths in the morning of course, I have nothing to lose. But as I don't even have one ticket that could be hard. Anyone there on 10/10, 10/14 or 10/17 who would volunteer to try and make me their extra ticket? Will offer German chocolate as bribe... incentive I mean.
I'm there 10/10 :). We aren't staying on site though, so in not sure that it'll be of any help.

If you can meet Vala at the ticket booths and show that you have a valid party ticket, you might be able to purchase one additional ticket. This happened to someone on these boards last year. She was able to purchase her ticket to a sold out party without trouble. Have not read any reports of this happening this year, but it is still early days for the parties and there aren't that many detailed reports yet.

Thanks theluckyrabbit. And thanks everyone for your advice and trying to help. I really appreciate it.

Yes, there are some, not a lot, of tickets available on the morning (first thing) of the parties. Some are available at the front desk of the on site hotels. You must be a guest at one of those hotels, not just a walk up. Those tickets go quickly. And people reported last year that they were able to purchase a ticket to a sold out party on the morning of at the ticket booths. Some people reported being with someone who already had a ticket. If they could prove that they already had a valid ticket and only needed one more, they were able to purchase. If you read through last year's Halloween thread (the pages where the parties have already started), you'll see that people were able to do this. It's worth a shot, especially for Vala if you will be in the area anyway.

I know it's early but has anyone had any luck with getting a ticket either at the hotel or ticket booth if you already have tickets? I am looking to get 1 or 2 more tickets for the 10/10 party. I have 3 already - we are staying at GCV with my parents and they decided they wanted to come but only after the party sold out. They were undecided and literally the tickets sold out the day my mom said they would like to go too.

I know it's early but has anyone had any luck with getting a ticket either at the hotel or ticket booth if you already have tickets? I am looking to get 1 or 2 more tickets for the 10/10 party. I have 3 already - we are staying at GCV with my parents and they decided they wanted to come but only after the party sold out. They were undecided and literally the tickets sold out the day my mom said they would like to go too.

Not personally, but the friends I mentioned above got some, yes. You do not have to have tickets already. But as I posted, they were told there are only 568 tickets available. So get there early.

I just came across party ticket resales on ebay and I am beyond disgusted. I did see one person reselling at the same price they paid but everyone else was just scalping the tickets at exorbitant prices. People are selling them for double or even triple the cost.

I was so irritated by it I sat there for ten minutes reporting the auctions to ebay (they dont allow people to resell tickets for events that are nontransferable but they also dont police their listings so if others don't report them they go unnoticed) they will take the auctions down and give strikes to the people who posted them so I suggest if anyone on here see's such auctions in the future that you hit the "report this listing" icon and don't let those crooks get away with it.

Good for you, I'm glad you took the time to report those. I absolutely loathe scalpers. These days, unless you buy a ticket for for a concert or professional sport game thee day they go on sale, you can expect to pay triple face value. I don't know how they haven't figured out a way to stop that - it's not right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter