HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #5-- HALLOWEENTIME STARTS SEPT. 9!! SOLD OUT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am going to cancel a BB dinner package for Mon Oct 10th at 5:10pm, if someone wants it pls message me today!!!

We were not planning on going to the party, really. I even booked the Ralph Brennan's Halloween gingerbread house event to have something Halloween in our trip (other than the decorations of course ;)). But then last night at dinner I asked DD (who has autism and is non verbal) when we were going to DLR. She said "October Halloween party yay!". I dropped it, but when we got home she drew a picture of her costume, she wants to be a black cat like last year. I called and while on hold the auto system said only available dates were the 24th and the 26th (online showed all sold out) I was on hold for 10 minutes and by the time I got the agent she said only the 24th was available. Our last night is the 26th and that would've been perfect but the 24th is just fine;) DH just looked at me and said that we are wrapped around her little finger. Could not agree more!

We were not planning on going to the party, really. I even booked the Ralph Brennan's Halloween gingerbread house event to have something Halloween in our trip (other than the decorations of course ;)). But then last night at dinner I asked DD (who has autism and is non verbal) when we were going to DLR. She said "October Halloween party yay!". I dropped it, but when we got home she drew a picture of her costume, she wants to be a black cat like last year. I called and while on hold the auto system said only available dates were the 24th and the 26th (online showed all sold out) I was on hold for 10 minutes and by the time I got the agent she said only the 24th was available. Our last night is the 26th and that would've been perfect but the 24th is just fine;) DH just looked at me and said that we are wrapped around her little finger. Could not agree more!

With a picture like that, how could you not!?! lol

How fun!

Thanks theluckyrabbit. And thanks everyone for your advice and trying to help. I really appreciate it.

Vala, I'm there on the 14th, so if you wanted to try and get a ticket with me as your 'in', I'm game for it! You were my inspiration to use a sketch book for my autographs :)

Happy Friday!!!! :D I think I read a post that said the villains did not have a "grand entrance" when they switch characters. I am wondering if anyone knows if they are doing a little farewell show at the end of the parties. Thank you!!

Happy Friday!!!! :D I think I read a post that said the villains did not have a "grand entrance" when they switch characters. I am wondering if anyone knows if they are doing a little farewell show at the end of the parties. Thank you!!

Would love to know this as well! That's the highlight of the night for us!

I'm not sure what time the farewell show usually happens, but we left after the second parade, which was the end of the party, and didn't see anything. Also didn't see the final candy stop at the exits they had last year.

Would love to know this as well! That's the highlight of the night for us!

Just watched the Fresh Baked MHP episodes... No farewell ending. They play a little "park is now closing" over the speakers, and that's it. Quite a letdown from the fun of last year, it sounds like!

So what is exactly is the route that the headless horseman rides? Is it only down Main Street?

Think he's in the parade right?

The horseman isn't in the parade; he rides ahead of the parade by about 10 minutes. He rides the parade route, from Main Street to IASW. But I've read that he doesn't go all the way to the IASW parade gate. Don't know if that is accurate.

I'm not sure what time the farewell show usually happens, but we left after the second parade, which was the end of the party, and didn't see anything. Also didn't see the final candy stop at the exits they had last year.

Just watched the Fresh Baked MHP episodes... No farewell ending. They play a little "park is now closing" over the speakers, and that's it. Quite a letdown from the fun of last year, it sounds like!

That is very disappointing! But, thanks so much for the help!

Last year we missed the candy at the exits. We asked and the CMs said that they roll the carts away before the party ends, so those who stay until the very end miss that station.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! That's so disappointing! I wonder if it's because they're in the parade this year... Did you see it last year? It was such a fun show where the villains would go up on stage 10 minutes before 11 p.m. or midnight (whenever the party ended) and dance with their own song and everything on a loop. They would come in on the horse and carriage and everything. Oh well, at least they're in the parade this year!

Last year we missed the candy at the exits. We asked and the CMs said that they roll the carts away before the party ends, so those who stay until the very end miss that station.

Interesting, I didn't realize that they had official candy stations at the exit. When we stayed until the end before, they had one candy stop and would give out a handful of candy as guests exited out the furthest left gate that was open. Now that I think about it, I believe it was little Dove chocolate squares. I always thought they were trying to get rid of the rest of the candy in one of the bins and so that's why they did it. They didn't do this all of the times we went to the party, though, only a couple of times.

Interesting, I didn't realize that they had official candy stations at the exit. When we stayed until the end before, they had one candy stop and would give out a handful of candy as guests exited out the furthest left gate that was open. Now that I think about it, I believe it was little Dove chocolate squares. I always thought they were trying to get rid of the rest of the candy in one of the bins and so that's why they did it. They didn't do this all of the times we went to the party, though, only a couple of times.

We've gotten the Dove squares, too. And one year they were giving out handfuls of candy to top off our bags. But last year (and maybe the year before?) we didn't see the exit carts.

We've gotten the Dove squares, too. And one year they were giving out handfuls of candy to top off our bags. But last year (and maybe the year before?) we didn't see the exit carts.
Ok, I guess the exit candy stations are a bit inconsistent. Last year we left shortly after the end of the party and the dove candy station was there. This year we left just about exactly at closing and there was nothing. Seems everyone has had different experiences with this, so maybe they are still there and we just had bad luck.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! That's so disappointing! I wonder if it's because they're in the parade this year... Did you see it last year? It was such a fun show where the villains would go up on stage 10 minutes before 11 p.m. or midnight (whenever the party ended) and dance with their own song and everything on a loop. They would come in on the horse and carriage and everything. Oh well, at least they're in the parade this year!
I wasn't there for the MHP last year (went for Christmas time instead)... But saw it on the Fresh Baked Disney video. Looked like it was a lot of fun, and many people will be sad to not see it!

Ok, I guess the exit candy stations are a bit inconsistent. Last year we left shortly after the end of the party and the dove candy station was there. This year we left just about exactly at closing and there was nothing. Seems everyone has had different experiences with this, so maybe they are still there and we just had bad luck.

I think they do close them up before closing most times. We've only gotten one candy station at the exit twice before (out of the 5-6 times we've been in the last 2 years and always stay until the very end). I think it's a hit and miss whether or not they keep those there till the end. Until someone said something on here, I thought it was just a random thing where they had extra candy that they had to get rid of. Always a plus when you do get a little extra candy for the walk back, though! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter