*** Happy Holidays in WDW - November & December 2008 - DIS / DVC Member List ***

Which DVC Merry Member Mixer will you be attending?

• Friday, December 5th

• Friday, December 12th

• Friday, December 19th

• Friday, December 26th

Results are only viewable after voting.
Make plans now to attend this year's Merry Member Mixer at the Walt Disney World Resort.

This complimentary Member event, set in the courtyard just outside of the International Gateway entrance to Epcot®, will take place every Friday in December from 3-5 p.m. Disney Vacation Club Members and their Guests will mingle with their Disney neighbors while enjoying the sights, sounds and smells of the holidays, including music, festive entertainment and refreshments.

The 2008 Merry Member Mixer is scheduled for the following days, between the hours of 3:00 - 5:00pm:

We've not had the opportunity to attend any of these events before. Can one arrive anytime between 3&5 and come and go as you wish, or should one plan to be there at 3? TIA

Hi Disney Bill, That's the way it was last year when we went. People were coming and going. We enjoyed it and are planning on attending again this year. Hope you get to attend.

We've not had the opportunity to attend any of these events before. Can one arrive anytime between 3&5 and come and go as you wish, or should one plan to be there at 3? TIA

YOu can pop in at any time, you don't have to be there right when it starts.

We're taking our first trip as DVC members 19-23 November. :cool1: (not a points trip as we bought BLT)

Staying at VWL.

MVMCP - 11/20

The DVC Happy Holidays 2008 List has been updated! :thumbsup2

Any posts after this one will be added on the next update. :goodvibes

Make sure to refresh/reload the 1st page of this thread to see the new list!

The current totals are:

BWV - 69
BCV - 34
AKV - 73
SSR - 166
OKW - 57
VWL - 61

For a total of 460 DVC families in WDW for the Holidays! :santa:

Happy Holiday Planning!
-Michelle

Hi Everyone,
We are going to Disney for the first time in the winter. The latest we've been to Florida is Columbus Day weekend in October and it was still pretty hot. We are going December 13th. I was wondering what the weather is usually like. I have no clue what to pack. Pants and tshirt, shorts and tshirt, pants and sweatshirt? I'm from Boston so by that time of year there is snow on the ground up here so I'm sure anything will feel warm...just wanted to get some opinions!

Thanks guys! :)

Hi Everyone,
We are going to Disney for the first time in the winter. The latest we've been to Florida is Columbus Day weekend in October and it was still pretty hot. We are going December 13th. I was wondering what the weather is usually like. I have no clue what to pack. Pants and tshirt, shorts and tshirt, pants and sweatshirt? I'm from Boston so by that time of year there is snow on the ground up here so I'm sure anything will feel warm...just wanted to get some opinions!

Thanks guys! :)

Unfortunately, the weather can swing from high 70's to low 30's during a December trip, so you have to pack accordingly. We usually have 'layers' that we peel off as it warms up during the day, and can put back on at night. Bring gloves, too. We bring a bunch of the cheap $1 black gloves from Wal-Mart, instead of buying the $7 gloves they sell in the parks. Your hands can get cold at night, especially if you plan to do an EMH night.

Unfortunately, the weather can swing from high 70's to low 30's during a December trip, so you have to pack accordingly. We usually have 'layers' that we peel off as it warms up during the day, and can put back on at night. Bring gloves, too. We bring a bunch of the cheap $1 black gloves from Wal-Mart, instead of buying the $7 gloves they sell in the parks. Your hands can get cold at night, especially if you plan to do an EMH night.
Thanks so much!!! I had no idea that the weather could swing that much! No complaints here as 30 degrees is the high around here much of the winter! lol

Just wanted to update my info. I'll be at the 12/26 Member Mixer. Can't wait!

I added a Poll to this thread! :surfweb:

Which DVC Merry Member Mixer will you be attending?

Please add your vote at the top of the page if you will be attending this year! :goodvibes

Hey Michelle! I think we are going to miss the 12/19 mixer. I realized that if DS is going to stay up past his 7pm bedtime for MVMCP on the 19th he has to get a good nap. The MM won't allow for that. But since we added the night of the 26th then we may shoot for that party. Thanks!! :santa:

reminder (and info to those who don't know): After you vote, you can see who's in the list by clicking on the number of voters in the right hand column. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter