Has anyone beside Enna heard of this $95 nonsense?

jodifla

WDW lover since 1972
It's curious to me that only one member...and a new one at that...has heard about this new "rule."

Anyone else? Also, I imagine a lot of members already have Poly rooms and the like booked after 1/08.

It's curious to me that only one member...and a new one at that...has heard about this new "rule."

Anyone else? Also, I imagine a lot of members already have Poly rooms and the like booked after 1/08.

Don't want to ruin your evening, but on the operations board, at least a couple of people had heard the same thing when they got their new membership info and people at the Chicago sales office heard it too.

Enna apparently got a copy of the 2007 Fall Vacation Magic in her purchase materials. Since that hasn't been mailed out to the membership,the rest of us will have to wait to see the actual wording - unless DVC decides to post it on the Members' Website.

Since others are reporting getting pretty much the same info from their guides or MS, I believe the rumored changes are going to become official very soon.

FWIW, I don't believe anyone who already has a non-DVC WDW reservation for 2008 will be charged the fee - I think it will begin only after the official announcement is made. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Hey, Jodi!

Not quite a NEW member. Yes, new to DVC, but not to the DIS.

Up until this moment, I haven't had the time to photo the page in question. Our upcoming trip is a complete surprise to my kids, and they are not aware that we are also in the DVC purchasing process. All of the paperwork, Disney Tees, and other trip-related stuff is under lock and key 'til after bedtime each night. ;) Tonight that's a little later since there's a last-day-before-the-first -school-night sleepover going on. :)

Give me a few minutes to take a picture and upload to photobucket. Can't make any promises as to readability, but I'll try....

Here ya go....

P8260001.jpg

Sorry that the "Four Before" info got the flash glare. However, the info about the $95 fee starts at the bottom of the first column and continues into the second column, all of which is readable. If it isn't, you can obviously call member services or your guide tomorrow. I'm sure they'd be glad to fill you in on the details and answer any of your questions, just as they have done with mine. :flower3:

Thanks, Enna.

Didn't mean to shoot the messenger. I'll take up my ANGER at the DVC, where it belongs.

I loathe when corporations lie. Like that headline....it's keeping it "simple" for us.
Yeah, right.

It's more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in their pockets.

I loathe when corporations lie. Like that headline....it's keeping it "simple" for us.
Yeah, right.

Yeah...but that's simple, right?

BTW, Jodi...wait until you see how they are "simplifying" our banking procedures!

I guess it does simplify things if people aren't willing to hand over $95 for a reservation. No reservations = less work = simplicity?

I thought Jim Lewis was good for DVC, but after last years Member Cruise, I knew I was on a sinking ship:rotfl:

Get ready folks, because you aint seen nothin yet!

Im just trying to hold on til March 08 before I start unloading.

Has anyone ever bother to voice their opinion about a change they thought was unfair? What about a mass email campaign to let someone know we see through their idea of simplicity? Might not change things, but at least it would let someone know we aren't as stupid as they seem to think.

Did you read further...
It states that the one exception is the Disneyland Resort in California,
That location will not be charged the $95 fee.

While I think charging for the Disney Collection is unfair, only excluding Disneyland from the fee is interesting.....

Peace,
G4L

Do we know for sure ressies for Grand Californian will have to pay the $95 fee? If so, why only DL Hotel excluded? Maybe because there is more demand for GC, thus more $$ ?

Did you read further...
It states that the one exception is the Disneyland Resort in California,
That location will not be charged the $95 fee.

While I think charging for the Disney Collection is unfair, only excluding Disneyland from the fee is interesting.....

Peace,
G4L
Pretty simple really if you are staying at WDW, DVC would prefer you use a DVC resort. Since DVC is seperate from the other Disney resorts they must negotiate with them for us to be able to trade. Does any one know if the number of points for the resorts has gone up for as well. This fee may be a result of those negotiations. Since there is no DVC in DL (yet) and they want you on site, a fee may chase some people away. Personally I never thought using points to stay at a non-DVC WDW resort made much sense due to the number of points required. Since i have not seen the article yet I'm just speculating, guess we'll have to wait and see.

DVC at the Grand Californian is still a rumor. I assume the waiving of the fee for DL hotels is an acknowledgment that there is no on-site DVC option at this time. Once the DVC GC opens, I'm sure the fee will apply to stays at the Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier.

It's interesting how the wording is phrased on the fees. There's no direct mention that the fee is being added to the WDW resorts. Ole Jim kinda side-stepped that issue, eh? :headache:

DVC at the Grand Californian is still a rumor. I assume the waiving of the fee for DL hotels is an acknowledgment that there is no on-site DVC option at this time. Once the DVC GC opens, I'm sure the fee will apply to stays at the Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier.

It's interesting how the wording is phrased on the fees. There's no direct mention that the fee is being added to the WDW resorts. Ole Jim kinda side-stepped that issue, eh? :headache:

Yeah. And to me, it's just insufferable corporatespeak.

This is a MAJOR DOWNGRADE of DVC IMO.

Thanks, Enna.

Didn't mean to shoot the messenger. I'll take up my ANGER at the DVC, where it belongs.

Yeah, right.

I think it is more a head of DVC situation and less about the entire corporation. Several that work for DVC are not happy about recent changes either. When Mr. Lewis first came to DVC, I got the immediate impression he was all for the members and I was very impressed.

Lately I am beginning to feel it is more about making a name for himself within the company and using DVC as the stepping stone to get there.

What happens in the wake of that will be left for someone else to clean up and all of us to deal with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter