Have to cancel-need advice on rescheduling w/ holding points

anabelle

Did I say that out loud?
Well, DH informed me that our summer tax bill has gone up enough where we might have to postpone our mid-September trip.

At this point if we were to cancel, our points would go into holding. I need to reschedule the trip for November or later. I have never gone in the Winter/Spring before. What is good time to go? What would have the best chance of availability 60 days or less prior to the trip? We have an April use year.

October/November/December will be mostly not available. I have been where you are and it's not pretty. Your April use year will help you out. Once you get past the Marathon, January should be doable. February is probably your best bet as I suspect with an early Easter this year that March will get filled with Spring break people pretty quick. If you are flexible as to resort and somewhat flexible as to dates, you should be able to go.

Oh, and watch out for the Wednesday thru Friday of Valentines Week. There is a major Builders Show at the Orlando Convention Center that fills the rooms in Orlando. There is often spillover to WDW - particularly VWL as the WL is an official conference hotel.

well I would generally agreed. but you don't know until you ask.

last friday my nephew changed - he is not going in Sept - but wants to go in Dec 16 -21 - told him not to promise anything because that month is participate difficult.

so I called MS - only thing at OKW is a 1-bedroom, but SSR had a studio.

surprise!!!!

yes I know probably a cancellation. but hey who cares!!!

so call and ask.

Well, I called to cancel. I asked just for kicks if they had any availability for November or later. She was able to get me into Saratoga the first week of November. I had to move to a 1 bedroom for one day. I did waitlist the studio but I think I would lose the points anyway. I might be worth the loss not to have to move.

I just thought, should she have let me book more than 60 days prior? I know it is only about a week until 60 days. Maybe I don't understand the rule.

No, she shouldn't have. Maybe you'd better check to be sure she used the points from the cancellation, and didn't borrow points from next year.

Maybe you weren't 31 days from check-in yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter