Have you ever bumped into someone you know at Disney?

We did last April. Our twin dd's have a friend whose family was going to be in FL for spring break. We were getting our FP to Splash Mt. and they spotted Sarah and her family :lmao:....they were able to ride Splash Mt and Big Thuder together. It was really fun for them!

Yup! Last April in crowded Epcot I heard Hey Mrs. D!! (it was one of my students from school)

Every trip we've been on since 2006, we've run into at least 1 person we know in a park or at our resort. This year some of our friends have planned their trip to overlap our trip so we can have at least 2 dinners together.

Yes DH and I bumped into one of his coworkers/family friend while on our first trip.

I have run into someone I know on EVERY trip that I've taken. It really is a "small world after all". I also tend to strike up conversations with people and realize that we know people in common. On one of my last trips, I was sharing a bench with someone while waiting for Wishes to begin and found out that I work with the guy's sister-in-law!

oh yes,

I bumped into my aunt, her 2 kids and their wife/hubby at the TTC monorail heading to Epcot.
That same day I ran into 1 of my other aunts best friends standing in front of Amercia Adventure in Epcot. It was very weird being tapped on the shoulder by these people LOL

Also I was an poster on the AOL Disney message boards (when they were around) and everyone knows me as Tracy or Nutz4Dizney.
in 2008 I was wearing a pair of mickey ears that said Nutz4Dizney. I was in Epcot in the "storyteller" area in the UK I went 1 way and my mom went another. As my mom scooted past a lady, the lady asked my mom if my name was tracy. Again weird moment LOL

It seems Epcot seems the place for me to meet people LOL

Oh, you mean besides Grad Nite when half the seniors from my county were there ? :lmao:

Actually yes. On our last trip I ran into somebody I work with. Scary thing is we had been talking about Disney a couple of weeks before that and neither of us realized we would be there at the same time!

I was at Disney the same week as a friend. His family were even at the same resort and we didn't run into them once.

Yes!!! We did!!! We were waiting in line for rope drop at AK in '02 and for some reason we kept hearing, "Scott...Scott...Scott... (my husband's brother lol)". When we looked it was my oldest daughter (3rd grade at the time) ball coach. He thought my hubby was his brother and kept yelling. We commented on how odd it was to see them.

The next time we went...was a Spring Break....and I heard Mrs. ***** (I am a teacher)..low and behold a former student. Then same day at MK, my hubby saw 2 people he worked with the we had NO idea were going. Very Small world...btw odd coincidence the same former student we saw at Disney we also saw in our condo complex at Gulf Shores, AL same year.....;)

We also live over 10hrs away so it wasn't any close local thing either.

On our 1st trip, we saw one friend, who we knew was going to be there(Jersey week), but just happened to be crossing the hub in front of castle at the same time one day, going in opposite directions. Then at our CRT brft., while waiting in line, a guy taps me on the shoulder, and I thought he was going to ask if this was the right line, but then he says my name. It turns out he is the best friend of one of my husband's college dormmates who used to come hang out, and then we'd see him at get togethers at our friend's house as we all got married, had children, etc. But we hadn't seen him in several yrs., as we have not seen "the gang" in a while, and amazingly he and his family were getting seated at the same time we were - "It's a "Small World" afterall..."!

This past summer, we found out good friends of ours were going the same week and staying at CSR as well, so we said we'd probably see them at the pool,etc. and we never even ran into them! You never know!

cassie58
11/08-ASMo & Timeshare
8/09-CSR

Yes. We took an impromptu trip to the world over President's Day/Valentine's Day this year. We were getting off Dumbo and I hear "Tabi!" I look over and my college roommate is there with her kids! We had no idea she was going to be there. Very odd - I've never met her kids nor she met mine, so it was kinda cool.

We ran into a schoolmate of DDs when we went last summer (NYC) and a little girl she had played with at the Children's Museum some years back.

On a WDW trip a few years back we knew a family from the youth soccer association was planning on going at the same time. Sure enough, the first day at MK we came off POTC and met up with them in the gift shop. Ran into them again later in the day at another attraction.

I find it funny that with all the hundreds of people walking around a park on a given day you seem to see the same families over and over again. There have been days were we see a family we don't even know on the bus in the morning and then bump into them all over the park.:)

I've had this happen a number of times, and it's so much fun when it does! Once I ran into an old college friend from UMaine. Probably hadn't seen her in 15 years. Another time, I saw a woman from home who used to be in my jazzercise class. The funniest was once when my husb and I were in AK. I tapped the guy in front of me to ask if he could take our picture. It was my son's old baseball coach! We all got quite a chuckle out of that!

This thread isn't really about theme park planning, so I've moved it to the Theme Parks Community board. :)

My mother and my older sister were in a disagreement and was not on speaking terms. My mother was waiting for me and my younger sister near Space Mountain and my older sister just happen to sit down right next to my mother. It was such an akward moment that I took my younger sister straight on the TTA

On our trip last May, we ran into our pediatrician in line at Toy Story Mania. He was probably about 15 people ahead of us, and I kept saying to DH, "I really think that's our doctor." DH thought I was nuts for thinking that. We ended up next to them at one of the bends in the queue. What are the odds?

Yep, I saw someone from my science class in 6th grade when we were in line for Dinosaur. I think we even went back to school on the same day too lol.

This thread isn't really about theme park planning, so I've moved it to the Theme Parks Community board. :)

Actually, I asked because a friend is going to Disney and is planning what to pack.

Her comment is "I would rather be caught dead than see someone I know when wearing a fanny pack, crocs and no make-up".

she was somewhat joking, but I said disney is huge you would never run into someone you know!

So, I guess I was wrong-plenty of people see familiar faces and I will pass the information along so she can plan accordingly!
thanks!

We come from a town of 5000. In one trip...I ran into a former student and her family at Typhoon Lagoon, while in line at Epcot this girl in front of us asks us where we are from- we tell her- she's from this area too- she was on a baseball team that our niece was on 10 years ago. Then we were at an outlet mall and this short blond was walking towards us and I said to my DH 'that looks like a Huntley' (b/c they all look the same) she walked passed us, we both turned around at the same time and asked the same question- 'are you from...' What can we say? It's a small, small world! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter