Have you ever had your car stolen ... TWICE? Updated post #75

So does the insurance pay for a new car, or how does that work?? you dont totally get shafted do you, are they pretty easy to work with, or do they take there sweet time?

Man. Theft always hurts.

I remember back when I was in Jr. High our house got broken into. I was too young to really remember much of it from the standpoint of what happened after the fact but I remember that some of my CD's and my Gameboy were stolen.

This definitely hurts more, especially after paying the whole car off myself. Ugh.

We got the affidavit of theft today from our insurance company. I'm kind of getting excited about getting this whole thing taken care of and getting a new car.

Man If someone stole my gameboy I would go on a Kill Bill style frenzy to get it back :)

But thats cool about the affidavit. What is next?

So does the insurance pay for a new car, or how does that work?? you dont totally get shafted do you, are they pretty easy to work with, or do they take there sweet time?

I'm not 100% sure on how it works, but our insurance company is very easy to work with so far in this and any problem we've had in the past (we just salvaged my mother's car after an accident). If the car is not recovered we'll get money back, we're just waiting to receive word from them on how much it will be which I'm guessing will come after we send in the affidavit. Then with the money I get to go car shopping.

I'm not 100% sure on how it works, but our insurance company is very easy to work with so far in this and any problem we've had in the past (we just salvaged my mother's car after an accident). If the car is not recovered we'll get money back, we're just waiting to receive word from them on how much it will be which I'm guessing will come after we send in the affidavit. Then with the money I get to go car shopping.

Do you have an idea on what kind of car you want to get?

It was a joke.... the fine cars that I have in mind are stick anyway... which I have not mastered yet. I would think that if one has insurance, and one's car is not found, then the car will be replaced. That is what happened to and for a friend of mine, whose car had been stolen.

Thank goodness not so far... I have thought about test driving fine cars though.... :) As in hopefully the owner will not come to get his car before I return it. ;)

Haa haa . :lmao:ur such a crack up! :rotfl:

It was a joke.... the fine cars that I have in mind are stick anyway... which I have not mastered yet. I would think that if one has insurance, and one's car is not found, then the car will be replaced. That is what happened to and for a friend of mine, whose car had been stolen.

remember even fine cars get stolen... :scared1:

Considering the topic of the thread and why I started it, it didn't come off as funny, even though I realize it was a joke. I was offended by it, honestly.

A thousand pardons..... and once again I most profusely apologize for any sense of humor that I might have that is real or imagined. :)

A thousand pardons..... and once again I most profusely apologize for any sense of humor that I might have that is real or imagined. :)

Just know gisele, that cars being stolen is no laughing matter..

Hey have you gotten a rental yet, have they found it, have they paid you out?

We have a rental, yes. No sign of my car though, although my plates were found in a nearby town while looking into another theft. Soooo. Only way to identify my car is the VIN now. That was kind of the nail in the coffin as far as I am concerned. We mailed in the Affidavit of Theft to our insurance company and now it's just waiting for them to close it out, get the money, and go car shopping.

Sigh.

you do know that a vin number can be removed from a car. i learned this from working in car insurance. If you have any certain markings or scratches that are on the car bella you should let the police know that took your report, that way they can identify it faster ..well not faster but it can help them.. cause they have to look for that stuff also.. i do loss recovery, claims and car insurance all day on cars that go missing or becuase our customers hide them, i see this stuff all the time..

And once again..... A thousand pardons..... and once again I most profusely apologize for any sense of humor that I might have that is real or imagined.

Well, talk about Thanksgiving ... we got a call this morning and they found my car. No idea what shape it's in and we can't tow it to a body shop until tomorrow since today is a Holiday. Good thing too because we have to turn the rental in on Saturday if we don't want to pay the full cost (which we don't).

here's to hoping it's not damaged. I just hate to think of what somebody was doing in my car.

Well, talk about Thanksgiving ... we got a call this morning and they found my car. No idea what shape it's in and we can't tow it to a body shop until tomorrow since today is a Holiday. Good thing too because we have to turn the rental in on Saturday if we don't want to pay the full cost (which we don't).

here's to hoping it's not damaged. I just hate to think of what somebody was doing in my car.

I hope it ends up not being damaged... Will the insurance cover the repairs if it is damaged?

I hope it ends up not being damaged... Will the insurance cover the repairs if it is damaged?

they should. paula you have to agree.. she is lucky most stolen cars are not recovered. take pictures of the damages to show your insurance company if there is any damages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter