Have you ever had your car stolen ... TWICE? Updated post #75

Well, talk about Thanksgiving ... we got a call this morning and they found my car. No idea what shape it's in and we can't tow it to a body shop until tomorrow since today is a Holiday. Good thing too because we have to turn the rental in on Saturday if we don't want to pay the full cost (which we don't).

here's to hoping it's not damaged. I just hate to think of what somebody was doing in my car.

wow that is crazy, glad they found your car! did they say where or how they found it?
& i agree about having someone else in your car....not knowing what was going on. kinda creepy. i hope it all turns out for the best though :goodvibes

Well, talk about Thanksgiving ... we got a call this morning and they found my car. No idea what shape it's in and we can't tow it to a body shop until tomorrow since today is a Holiday. Good thing too because we have to turn the rental in on Saturday if we don't want to pay the full cost (which we don't).

here's to hoping it's not damaged. I just hate to think of what somebody was doing in my car.

WOW, hopefully that is good news, hopfully there is no damage and you can get back to your regular life, keep us updates.

Ugh. We have the car back at our house. My family had to pick it up today while I was at work and with the mood I'm in I really don't want to go look at it. There's no damage, thankfully, but from what they tell me it is dirty!! We're gonna get it detailed in the next couple of days and my mom keeps joking it's probably better I don't go look at it until then. All of my things are gone and we have to see if we can get my plates back from the PD that found them or if they've released them back to the DMV.

And I guess the car was found abandoned somewhere and they were able to lift a print. 'Tis all I know though.

Are you relieved that your car was found? I ask that, because the idea of a new car
replacement, sure is nice. Anyway, I sure do wish that all of your belongings were still in the car. What lousy people they were that stole your car. I know, that I would feel like dying, if that happened to me. For I cannot afford a new car. And my little car, is getting old. So I do not know if my insurance co. would replace it or not.... sigh.....

P art of me is. A part of me isn't. I loved my car. But I don't really feel like it's "my car" anymore. Someone else has been driving it and doing gosh knows what with it. I can't get over that feeling yet. Add in all the little broken pieces we keep finding and I'm still down about it. Because of the Holiday we haven't been able to get in contact with our insurance over the next steps (detailing, getting the car checked out, reimbursement for stolen items, etc.).

It sucks that even with the car home the whole ordeal isn't over yet.

Thats good you got the car back but def understand that it doesnt feel like "Your" car any more.....

Hurray!! Your car is found. The detailing is a great idea, try to imagine that they are washing away the koodies that the theives left, then go buy your car a new present to hang on the rear view, make it "your" car again.

Now we just have to find a day when we can get it detailed. Sigh. And of course I currently have no plates for my car but we can't go to DMV because of work hours but we have an appointment for mid-December. We've got the paper'ish things from the dealership in them now and I've been carrying a copy of the police report for my car with me just in case but ugh.

Are you driving it? It's very lucky that it was actually found, so many stolen cars never turn up again.

Now we just have to find a day when we can get it detailed. Sigh. And of course I currently have no plates for my car but we can't go to DMV because of work hours but we have an appointment for mid-December. We've got the paper'ish things from the dealership in them now and I've been carrying a copy of the police report for my car with me just in case but ugh.

What a horrible ordeal!! We have been thru this a few times, but the only thing they ever found was the bed of our truck at a chop-shop somewhere in LA..

Do you guys have AAA? I do all of our DMV transactions there and even ordered the new plates for my car, so maybe you could get your replacement plates from them rather than going to the DMV office? Just a thought..

What a horrible ordeal!! We have been thru this a few times, but the only thing they ever found was the bed of our truck at a chop-shop somewhere in LA..

Do you guys have AAA? I do all of our DMV transactions there and even ordered the new plates for my car, so maybe you could get your replacement plates from them rather than going to the DMV office? Just a thought..

Thanks. My mother wasn't paying attention when she told me what the DMV thing was for. That was to transfer the title to me since she's still the registered owner. Whew. We weren't going to do anything about the plates until we knew what the deal was with the ones (mine) a local PD found during another theft.

We actually just returned from their PD and I have my plates. I think we're keeping them rather than getting new ones.

And my car is at the dealership getting checked mechanically. Something feels a little off when accelerating and we want to see if they did any damage that you just can't see. Insurance should cover that, right? lol.

One step closer to the entire ordeal being over.

This is beyond ridiculous.

My car was stolen ... AGAIN!

We had it at the dealership for 2 days to get it checked out to make sure it was safe to drive. We picked it up last night. I walked out the door to leave for work this morning and once again my stomach hits the floor. Stolen. Again. I haven't even had it back for one week.

And of course I'm supposed to be leaving for SoCal on Sunday and we may not be able to get a rental until Monday.

I am beyond feeling at this point. What did I do to deserve this?!?!?!?!

:headache:

didnt you say the police were able to pull a print off your car when they found it the first time, do you think it might have been the same person, are they looking into that at all?

didnt you say the police were able to pull a print off your car when they found it the first time, do you think it might have been the same person, are they looking into that at all?

It sounds so dumb to say, but I'm operating on word of mouth at this point and its hard to get straight answers from my mother. I had to get to work this morning so my mother made all the calls in o the car (besides, she's still the registered owner because I got lazy sending the Title in ... :rolleyes1). As far as I know they never found who took it in the first place, but yes they pulled a print, but it could be mine for all I know.

I'm almost positive it was the same person, which is extremely unnerving because they know where I live. I do know they broadcasted it out in San Pablo where it was originally found.

This is beyond ridiculous.

My car was stolen ... AGAIN!

We had it at the dealership for 2 days to get it checked out to make sure it was safe to drive. We picked it up last night. I walked out the door to leave for work this morning and once again my stomach hits the floor. Stolen. Again. I haven't even had it back for one week.

And of course I'm supposed to be leaving for SoCal on Sunday and we may not be able to get a rental until Monday.

I am beyond feeling at this point. What did I do to deserve this?!?!?!?!

:headache:

OMG this is terrible!!!! I really think if it's found again you should talk to the ins. and tell them you don't want it back, tell them you want to be paid back for everything you had done after it was found (dealer check on the engine, detailing, etc etc) and then you want them to pay you for the car because this is ridiculous!!!! I really really hope you get a rental ASAP, can you just go get your own and then have the ins. reimburse you? You'll need to get it tomorrow.....if I had an extra car I'd loan it to you but our extra car has engine problems and didn't pass smog so it's not registered.....

Well, we talked with Enterprise and they were surprised to hear about the 48 thing. Either way, USAA already cleared it and we can pick up the car tomorrow afternoon! Whew. I was going to be very, very, very sad if that turned out any differently. As for what will happen if it's found again, we're either going that route or getting an alarm/kill switch. And man, oh man. I really, really, really hope they catch the idiots who took my car. I have never hated anyone as much as I hate whoever they are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter