Help! Running Tinkerbell Half as a male!

My daughter wanted to do the GSC at Princess Half weekend 2 months ago. I left the costume choice to her. We decided to do a role reversal. She was King Triton and I was Ariel. I had no problem wearing a full costume for the half. We had an absolute blast. It was a fantastic father/daughter weekend. Dress up and enjoy.

If I had known about these in my early 20s...

DW and I are looking at Princess next year for our anniversary. I'm am definitely looking forward to running in a tutu and a muscle shirt, or some other such dissonant nonsense, for one of the races. :P We had thought about making me a costume as one of the princes. Then she said, "Why not just dress up as Prince?" (That was a few weeks ago. Not sure that would work now.)

So yeah, have fun, get pictures, run as a couple, all that stuff...

My wife bribed me into taking the family to Disneyland by telling me she'd purchased me entrance into the runDisney event. I'm just now looking at details and realized this is a woman themed event!

I'm by no means worried about that (I'm father to several girls and am all about empowerment), but in looking at the starting corrals, it would appear that I'll be behind at least 500 of you wonderful ladies, at paces that will have me treading your heels and I'm wondering what it's like to run in a women-themed race as a man!

Someone told me to come and start late to avoid the herd? The racer in me believes that to be very counter intuitive! Do any of you have experiences you can share? I'm keeping my time expectations WAY down (gotta get those selfies), but what else?

So - how did it go for you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter