Help with I Spy Bags...

Mickeyteacher

<font color=darkcoral>Mother, Wife, Daughter, Frie
Does anyone know how to make I spy bags? I want to make them for our upcoming trip and I have no idea where to start.
TIA,
Shawna

I don't know what an I Spy bag is. :confused3 Maybe if you explain what it is, we can suggest what you need for it! :)

They are a bag inwhich you add the little foam pellets and hid things in them- They have a clear window for the kids to see through them. You can use them like the books excapt they are 3-D. I have seen them for vacations inwhich you hid little items that would help the child figure out where they are going.
I thought I would make one for vacation and a few for my DD's teacher. In addition to giving her a personal gift for Christmas.

I hope that helps,
Shawna

I've never seen those before. They are very cool! I think that I will make a few for our church and preschool.

Beth

My son made a variation of these as Christmas gifts for my husband and I in school. They used Canning jars, bird seed with sunflower seeds and then put objects inside with the little tag...decorated the top with material and a ribbon...Cute..even as an adult I sometimes still pick it up and look for things.

I think I'm going to do this for my kids as presents! We're going in Feb and they don't know yet! Thanks for the great idea! :thumbsup2

KLAIT - your post made me think of another version I had seen a few years ago -
I had completely forgotten about these-

A Clear bottle was used (a water bottle with the label removed)
all the tiny items were hidden inside the sand, birdseed - or rice

It was not filled all the way just abt 2/3 so there was enough room for the items to shift around as the bottle was tipped.

the lid was securely GLUED in place & a tag was attached with
the items for someone to look for.

fun & quick & NO sewing involved :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter