HELP: Wrongfully banned from VMK. Ever happen and do they reinstate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lovethattink said:
Does writing a real person at WDW operations help?

Excellent point! When all else fails...

It is disappointing this company that runs this site risks the Disney name on a daily basis by poor customer support.

:furious:

Would anybody recommend multiple "Contact Us"s in one day?

Are you fluent with computers? Although just a temporary fix you can switch your internet to a dynamic IP and that would fix it. I would love to see VMK try and ban me. I have a dynamic IP and two computers so, although I might lose some of my stuff, I wont be down long.

I was just gonna say that the same thing happened to my girlfriend and I. A girl wanted her princess shoes, she refused and the girl reported her for scamming and banned her. She was on my computer and like your case, it banned my IP address so neither of us are allowed on. What's sad is that she was finishing a trade room when she got banned! I have written VMK three times and haven't heard a single reply. I feel for your son, it's awful to be punished for something you didn't do. tell him that if we manage to get back on I'll earn him a Skull Rock room, or a diver suit or something.

PS If you've had any break-throughs tell me cause I want back on as well.

dbrown said:
I was just gonna say that the same thing happened to my girlfriend and I. A girl wanted her princess shoes, she refused and the girl reported her for scamming and banned her. She was on my computer and like your case, it banned my IP address so neither of us are allowed on. What's sad is that she was finishing a trade room when she got banned! I have written VMK three times and haven't heard a single reply. I feel for your son, it's awful to be punished for something you didn't do. tell him that if we manage to get back on I'll earn him a Skull Rock room, or a diver suit or something.

PS If you've had any break-throughs tell me cause I want back on as well.

Sorry to hear this happened to you and your girl friend. If they just would read the messages and reply with a valid reason (if there is one) then the situation would be understood. I find it difficult to believe this doesn't happen to many people on a daily basis...

I will keep you posted and if I crack the black hole, I promise to let you know... :D

My sister and I have been reading this and they can be such pains in the rears when making intelligent decisions some times. Her son's first character got banned a while back simply because he's a small kid who can't type real well, and has a computer that is real slow. Somebody asked him if he was staff, and he was trying to say I am not staff, but typed it without the 'not' part. Well when they post on their computer, it takes forever for the dialog to come up, and quite often they've left the room even before it does. Before he could realize what he'd typed, he'd been banned! She wrote them several times, and at one point one of the staff said they had reversed the decision. Unfortunately, another member came back and said they were sticking by their first decision...after my sister had told her son that the ban was lifted! And of course like they've told others here, they claimed that they had given him a warning. However, he never saw one. Even if they had, and that's a big IF, you get disconnected so often that you easily miss something.
It's unreal sometimes. :rolleyes:
Good luck for your son
Kim

Sorry to hear this - but it does not surprise me. In the case of my friend that was banned, I had to send several notes - received the same canned responses you did. Each time I sent my note - I unfortunately, had to add a little tone to it. Surprisingly enough, I never heard a response but the banned had been lifted.

In another instance, I needed my cursed storm fixed for my daughter and me, I had to do the same - three times charm worked for that one as well. Again, I added a little tone - not that I suggest that - but hey I was frustrated in trying to explain my story over and over again. This time as well, there was no response to my email, but it worked.

Good Luck.

PS - MickBee - check you PM's.

It is stories just like this which has made me totally stop trading unless I know the ppl well.

I have added "ask before trade" on all of my characters and still I get trade requests all the time. I just click cancel and move on my way, without conversation for fear of someone taking something the wrong way.

I hope your soon gets back on soon.

Thanks All!! PM's replied to and many thanks for the offers to go to bat for us. It is awesome.

Well I just sent VMK another message and this one had teeth. This is the SEVENTH and nothing...

Stevie is heart broken to see the Expedition Everest is open...

What a bummer...

I am so sorry they are ignoring your repeated requested for a review.

Just keep it up do not give up....sometimes I think it just takes a change of CM to make the difference if all else fails, reset your IP, I did not say that ;)

Mal

Here are the replies I just received. this is a joke and a disgrace to Disney by whomever is running VMK...

Hi,

We do read every email we receive, but unfortunately we have to reply using pre-written replies. This is because we receive such a large volume of email every day. Sometimes this may mean that you get several emails in response to yours, especially if you asked more than one question.

We are sorry if you felt that you had a poor experience with VMK because of this.

Best regards,

--
VMK_april
Player Support
VMK
http://www.vmk.com

>Why won't a human reply to these messages? VMK's actions are
inappropriate way to treat a child.

Please reply to discuss this situation and reinstate my child.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email concerning your child's ban. Unfortunately we are unable to discuss specific details of the ban with anyone other than the account holder themselves for privacy reasons. This is because we are unable to verify that you are this account holder's parent. We are sorry for the inconvenience this causes.

However, if you know your child's account details and then use them to follow the 'player' route, we can assist you.

Again, we are sorry for this inconvenience.

Thanks,

--
VMK_april
Player Support
VMK

DarkSideMoon said:
anyone have an axe and a map to vmk headquarters?:rolleyes1

Did you mention you knew of a phone number to call them? :D

Ok this is now beyond ridiculous. I am writing a note on your behalf. This is total garbage.

Adults with kids - take this into account - this could be your child. They need to get a grip on how to handle the communication and the scamming correctly. Hence,

Steve, once I calm down - I will send you a copy of my message to VMK. :)

Good grief. Okay, use your son's account to enter the "contact us" and cut and past that last email requesting you to make your inquiry on his account to the beginning of the message. Then, repeat your previous concerns. As his parent, you are entitled to full disclosure.

I can understand their insistence that you use his account to get the information in order to make sure you are indeed his parent. Unfortunately, like so many other aspects of the game, the very effort to "protect a young player" seems to be backfiring a bit.

Mickbee said:
Thanks All!! PM's replied to and many thanks for the offers to go to bat for us. It is awesome.

Well I just sent VMK another message and this one had teeth. This is the SEVENTH and nothing...

Stevie is heart broken to see the Expedition Everest is open...

What a bummer...
Tell him he is not missing much because i dont really care that much about the new items.I wish they would make a stupid Wilderness Lodge Hotel pin since it is the greatest hotel.They better be making another one.

If he his 12 didn't he have to use a parent's e-mail addy to sign up for vmk? I know my son had to use mine. And I think it asked for our Disney member name. When I contacted vmk on his behalf for the halloween event I sent a super short to the point message to them as the parent. I contacted them immediately as soon as the incident happened and with in 15 minutes they had emailed my email address that they were looking into it (the canned response). About 30 minutes later, I received another e-mail that they had reviewed it and the item would be placed in his inventory.) Sure enough a couple hours later it was there.

Seriously, pm me if you want an address to a real person to contact. I'll get you an addy to one of the top bananas here in central FL.

I'd like to point this out.. I can im alyuel or any testers you'd like and discuss your son's ban with them and they can talk about it with head staff. You have a chance, we just have to fight the battle at this point. Let's make this weekend our working weekend. I'll im them on aim and talk to them.Testers listen to me. ( Sorry, I can't give anyone their sns, I promised.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter