HELP: Wrongfully banned from VMK. Ever happen and do they reinstate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mickbee said:
Wow... that is very touching there are so many caring people... The support is unreal... thank you. :grouphug:

I will continue to send letters every other day until the request is heard and responded to...

Does anyone know him in VMK? His player name is "Mickbee".
Actually, I was never on his list, but I had seen him around. He may have known me? Ask him if he can remember 'Funnygirl' please. Thank you.
And, I'm sending into the black hole for you! I'll post soon with my letter.

kaitykatz7 said:
Actually, I was never on his list, but I had seen him around. He may have known me? Ask him if he can remember 'Funnygirl' please. Thank you.
And, I'm sending into the black hole for you! I'll post soon with my letter.

Thanks! I'll ask him if he knew you. Hopefully you'll see him in the game soon..

Well Stevie received a reply from VMK today...

Hi,

We have reviewed your ban and the chat log that was recorded at the time. We believe your ban to be fair and just.

You were warned about your behaviour beforehand, but still chose to break the rules. We take online safety very seriously and your actions were unsafe for both you and the other players.

We're sorry but we will not be allowing you to play VMK any more.

Thanks,

--
VMK_bear
Player Support
VMK

He never received ANY warnings. I'm confused, he did nothing wrong.

If VMK "warns" a player, how do they do it? IM, on the screen popup? I'm confused...

It could have been a room warning. And everyone in the room got banned. I guess you will have to demand a transcript of the dialogue.

This reminds me the movie "The Rainmaker" with Danny Devito and Matt Damon. The insurance company continued to deny claims until the insured party just eventually gave up. So do not give up. I received a response from the Black Hole in regards to your case. Of course, just forced me to send another one. :thumbsup2

Yes- send another note- and say you'd like a copy of the transcript of the conversation- because if you were there - you know what was said and what happened.

Goodluck and hang in there

Does anyone know any of the VMK Staff? Perhaps they could offer words of wisdom...

Maleficent2 said:
I am so sorry they are ignoring your repeated requested for a review.

Just keep it up do not give up....sometimes I think it just takes a change of CM to make the difference if all else fails, reset your IP, I did not say that ;)

Mal
Doesn't work. They tag your computer. In order to get back in you'd have to buy a new computer. Trust me, they don't even ban your Microsoft Product ID (which is done in many other games), they ban your hardware.

Kaironzet said:
Doesn't work. They tag your computer. In order to get back in you'd have to buy a new computer. Trust me, they don't even ban your Microsoft Product ID (which is done in many other games), they ban your hardware.

Actually, they can't "ban your hardware". Many versions of Windoze prior to XP don't have ID codes that are traceable so that's not how they ban you.

Your computer is assigned a 'sticky' IP address by your ISP (if you have broadband - dialup is a different monkey). That means when the lease is up on your IP, your computer prefers to request the IP it just had (hence the 'sticky') it's not a static IP, which is generally too costly for an ISP to provide without an additional fee to the consumer. *IF* you wish to change your IP, you can call the ISP, hope you get a tech support person who has a clue and beg them to reset it manually. or you can do what everyone else does and that's turn off your cable modem or dsl modem for anywhere from 12 hours to 3 days and hope that you catch it over a lease expiration period. When your computer comes back online by turning that modem back on, an IP will be requested and hopefully it will be a new one.

That being said, if VMK finds that you have gotten around a ban in this manner, they may just deny you access to your characters completely and ban the new IP -- this is just speculation based on my 15 years of running other internet multiplayer games.

aeryn said:
Actually, they can't "ban your hardware". Many versions of Windoze prior to XP don't have ID codes that are traceable so that's not how they ban you.

Your computer is assigned a 'stick' IP address by your ISP (if you have broadband - dialup is a different monkey). That means when the lease is up on your IP, your computer prefers to request the IP it just had (hence the 'sticky') it's not a static IP, which is generally too costly for an ISP to provide without an additional fee to the consumer. *IF* you wish to change your IP, you can call the ISP, hope you get a tech support person who has a clue and beg them to reset it manually. or you can do what everyone else does and that's turn off your cable modem or dsl modem for anywhere from 12 hours to 3 days and hope that you catch it over a lease expiration period. When your computer comes back online by turning that modem back you, an IP will be requested and hopefully it will be a new one.

That being said, if VMK finds that you have gotten around a ban in this manner, they may just deny you access to your characters completely and ban the new IP -- this is just speculation based on my 15 years of running other internet multiplayer games.

Just wanted to comment...WOW Disaeryn!!

I have been away (at WDW) and thought I would check and see how things came out or if they have?

I got banned in 2005 for some weird reason like that too.
It currently says you are banned until 2015.
I hope VMK is around then!

Aww man. That sounds harsh. Sounds like your son is an honest kid and obviously if you were there with him, you know that your son didn't scam anyone. I think like most ppl have said, that the "Guest" reported your son bc he did not want to "lend" him the magic. Its really not fair how VMK does this bc some times there are ppl actually doing stuff against the VMK rules, and they do not do anything to them. I bet that kid didn't even want to "borrow" the magic, just take it and leave the room. Good luck on getting this case through to VMK!
ReachfortheStarz

I found this site thru Google. I entered VMK_BEAR and found 10 hits one of them being this thread. I have had it with this person and was looking for anything on the net that I could use. The way that they treat "banned people" is so wrong. There GOD complex needs to be taken down a notch. There was a post in this thread about a contact at WDW but I'm not sure if that is the right park for the upper management of VMK. I know for a fact that YAVIN is at Disneyland inside of intaventions. I have E mailed everone that I can think out over my un fair ban and the out right un Disney attude of VMK_BEAR and have gotten no where.

I you google VMK_BEAR you will find a post by HIM/her on another site,so it took away my thought that there was no live person behind the VMK_bear screen name. I thought that it was a bot that was just replying to all ban requests.

Any help anyone can give would help.

Hi Steve,

Any progress to report? Your note has touched my heart because I have been a victim of this sort of thing but not within VMK. I know how much it hurts to tell the truth and still be wrongly punished.

I wanted to let you know I have a Bat Magic pin for your son when he gets back on line. If you get back on line sooner than he does I will give it to you. I'm guessing he was really looking forward to getting this pin so please let him know he didn't miss out on it.

Also, I know wishlists are handled on a separate board, but I would like to know if I should pick up an Everest Suit for him and any other items as they are released. I think I have extras of the Everest series of pins except for the one that was/is a game prize.

If you have access to a different computer, perhaps you could sign on and check the stores for items he might want.

Anything I pick up will be a gift for him.

qruthie (the 'q' is silent)

Wow I just read through this entire thing.

How can VMK do such a horrid thing to ban someone and as to lie about the ban.

As said oh what a billion times on other places. What would Walt say?

Good luck getting your account back. Or maybe you already have :)

I am so sorry this happened to your son and your whole family :sad: - you would think that Disney would follow up on something as serious as scamming and make sure they have the facts straight before imposing a 10 year ban on a CHILD! I don't know what I would do if my daughter or I got banned for that long. In the beginning, my daughter got banned on a different name for one week - someone had reported her even though she did nothing wrong (I too was sitting next to her then -- pre-mommy vmk time lol). I can't remember exactly what happened, but writing the contact every single day yielded no replies at all, and no reinstating account. I hope you hear something from them soon, and that he is back on his name. We will keep you in our wishes that he does! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter