Here Are Sog Overflow Rates

Suflay1

Earning My Ears
I just called Shades of Green (military resort) and got a list of overflow rates at the various resorts, in case the dates you want at the Contemporary are sold out. Regular rates (according to reservationist) are in parentheses after the quoted overflow rate:

All Stars $59 ($77)
Caribbean Beach and Port Orleans $84 ($133)
Wilderness Lodge $134 ($214)
Animal Kingdom $124 ($204)
Polynesian $174 ($299)
Contemporary $154 ($265)
Yacht/Beach Club $164 ($289)
Grand Floridian $189 ($329)
Swan/Dolphin $132 ($295)

These rates aren't always the very best available, since the special code rates may beat them, but they are a lot better than the normal rack rate.
I'm waiting for that special $49 rate at All Stars which will hopefully be available for early December. But just in case it doesn't happen, I've got my SOG reservation at $59. Does anyone know whether the $49 has historically been available in December??

Originally posted by Suflay1
Regular rates (according to reservationist) are in parentheses after the quoted overflow rate:

All Stars $59 ($77)
Caribbean Beach and Port Orleans $84 ($133)
Wilderness Lodge $134 ($214)
Animal Kingdom $124 ($204)
Polynesian $174 ($299)
Contemporary $154 ($265)
Yacht/Beach Club $164 ($289)
Grand Floridian $189 ($329)
Swan/Dolphin $132 ($295)

Please keep in mind that these rates are during the OFF SEASON for Disney. Rates during the busy season are higher. The exception is the S&D since they are not Disney owned hotels. For ex: moderates are $99, All Stars are $74 and deluxes vary.

Also, Disney provides us with 3 different rates for *most* of their resorts; 2 discounted and the standard rate. Agents will always offer the most discounted rate, however if that rate is not available, then you will get offered the 2nd discounted rate (if available) which is not as deeply discounted as the first one is. Agents *should* tell you if the rate they are offering you is the standard one so you can decide if you would rather book it directly through Disney instead of going through the middleman (SoG). For the same rate, I recommend going through Disney. It's easier in case you have any questions and need to make any changes, IMO. :)

Hi!

I currently have a reservation at the Contemporary (through Shades of Green). However, I would prefer to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Could I still receive the government rate at AKL?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

:earsgirl:

Originally posted by juneaud
Hi!

I currently have a reservation at the Contemporary (through Shades of Green). However, I would prefer to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Could I still receive the government rate at AKL?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

:earsgirl:

As long as the contracted rate (it's not a gov't rate) is available, sure, you can stay at the AKL instead. We do not have rates for the resorts for 2003, yet. We normally receive those some time in Sep/Oct. :)

oh..wow..so im a bit confused...we just call SoG and tell them we want to stay at another contracted resort instead of the CR, and they will let us do that even though it isnt overflow? if thats true, what a deal!!

I was under the impression that if SOG had availability, you had to stay with them and only offered "overflow rates at the WDW resorts" when they were full. :confused:

When I had them on the phone, they said that you could get the "overflow" rates even if the Contemporary space wasn't filled.

I thought maybe it was because SOG is being renovated. Perhaps if Shades of Green were open, they would only offer the overflow rates if they were full.

Jo

Originally posted by Blondie
I was under the impression that if SOG had availability, you had to stay with them and only offered "overflow rates at the WDW resorts" when they were full. :confused:

That's what the rule used to be. However, since we (I use the term "we" because, for those that don't know, I work there) receive nothing from guests staying at the Contemp., the rules have been changed, at least for the time we're closed. If a guest wants to stay in overflow, they are welcome to request it. We (the hotel, not the agents) do receive money from that.

Now, whether or not all of the agents know this, I can't answer that. The current boss seems adverse to having any staff meetings and downward communication is almost non-existant. I know because I spoke with the room divisions manager (also second in command at the hotel overall) around the time we closed and point blank asked the above question. :)

ok, so i just called them and the guy i spoke to said there is no way i can book the poly through them, and even if i wanted to, they arent opening it up for reservations until the middle of fall..but even so, i wouldnt be allowed to book the overflow rate when the CR isnt full..is there something i can do or do i just keep calling until I find someone who will be able to book it?

Have you tried e-mailing them?

When we were trying to get SOG for our April 2001 trip, ofcourse they were sold out, and WDW only offered rack rates as overflow. The Swan or Dolphin was never mentioned as an alternative over the phone.

But I knew better from reading the DIS!

I e-mailed them, and was given the opportunity to book at the Swan or Dolphin for $115.00 per night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter