Here now, Brazilians everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickey28

Mouseketeer
I thought they only came in the winter and usually stay at the All-Star resorts. Well, they are here now and are at a moderate resort and are unruly a bunch as I have ever encountered. Running around all hours of the night, playing loud music. Can't even access the quiet pools and many of them running around in their underwear outside of their rooms, boys and girls, and no I am not mistaking bathing suits for underwear.

Yep, I posted about it last week, the thread is still floating around. July is actually the biggest month for tour groups from South America. Sorry you're running into them.

Take some video, post it here, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc. if it goes viral, maybe Disney will actually step up and find a balance between families and unruly teenagers in their resorts.

They bring in a lot of money so Disney probably won't.

Every year i see these threads and just wanted to say......
"How would I feel if I saw a thread that said ,,,Here now Canadians everywhere?
JMHO
Hugs Mel

It's not the same thing. I don't think using the term Brazilians is accurate, because the groups are from different parts of South America (mostly Brazil and Argentina). So I'd more accurately say "South American tour groups". However, regardless of the term you want to use for them, they have earned themselves a reputation for poor behavior and causing trouble. It's very well documented and very well known, by guests, CMs and most people who know Disney. It's not meant to be racist or politically incorrect in any way. If the groups were all from Walla Walla or Never Never land, people would still say the same thing.

It's not the same thing. I don't think using the term Brazilians is accurate, because the groups are from different parts of South America (mostly Brazil and Argentina). So I'd more accurately say "South American tour groups". However, regardless of the term you want to use for them, they have earned themselves a reputation for poor behavior and causing trouble. It's very well documented and very well known, by guests, CMs and most people who know Disney. It's not meant to be racist or politically incorrect in any way. If the groups were all from Walla Walla or Never Never land, people would still say the same thing.
This thread and the other one posted about tour groups brings nothing in terms of planning. Will people seriously change their dates to avoid tour groups? The only thing to do is, if you see a big group (any type not just South American) going to an attraction maybe wait 15 minutes before joining the queue or go at another time. If you see them walking down the street just wait for them to pass, it should take no more than 5 minutes.
That's it, no need to start a thread, about a particular group of people.
For people having problems at the resorts the only thing to do is go speak with management right away, and then send Disney an email about the experience. Posting here will resolve nothing.

This thread and the other one posted about tour groups brings nothing in terms of planning. Will people seriously change their dates to avoid tour groups? The only thing to do is, if you see a big group (any type not just South American) going to an attraction maybe wait 15 minutes before joining the queue or go at another time. If you see them walking down the street just wait for them to pass, it should take no more than 5 minutes.
That's it, no need to start a thread, about a particular group of people.
For people having problems at the resorts the only thing to do is go speak with management right away, and then send Disney an email about the experience. Posting here will resolve nothing.
Posting here is a big help, because yes, people do purposefully change their dates or pick ones that don't coincide with them being there.

I thought they only came in the winter and usually stay at the All-Star resorts. Well, they are here now and are at a moderate resort and are unruly a bunch as I have ever encountered. Running around all hours of the night, playing loud music. Can't even access the quiet pools and many of them running around in their underwear outside of their rooms, boys and girls, and no I am not mistaking bathing suits for underwear.
I'm sorry you're having to deal with them. I won't ever visit Disney in July again, for this sole reason.

Posting here is a big help, because yes, people do purposefully change their dates or pick ones that don't coincide with them being there.
that's great that you have that option. I guess my point is that targeting a specific group of people (the name of this thread is "brazilians everywhere") is wrong in my opinion. Other than being able to change your traveling dates that's all that these type of threads bring to the table.
On the other thread someone just posted about cheerleading groups, same crazy behaviour. Groups of kids will behave this way most of the time and the only thing to do is talk with management at your hotel and hope something gets done.

Take some video, post it here, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc. if it goes viral, maybe Disney will actually step up and find a balance between families and unruly teenagers in their resorts.

I would also email and write Disney. Every company wants feedback on their services, products. I would include details such as location, time, event and how it was dealt with when informing the front desk the occurrence. Every guest is a potential return visitor in their eyes. Plus, you may recommend a trip to a few people you know. Word of mouth. So don't feel you just have to tolerate bad behavior from other guests. They should keep things under control. If they don't, then a reputation will build as a bad place to go at that time of year. Not such a magical place as we see on their television commercials. People spend thousands of dollars and lots of time to plan a trip. To come home with a bad memory of your stay at their hotel is unfair to any guest, anywhere.

To the extent that this topic needs to be discussed at all, it belongs on the Community Thread. It has nothing to do with Attractions or Strategies.

This thread and the other one posted about tour groups brings nothing in terms of planning. Will people seriously change their dates to avoid tour groups?

Answering that question only... absolutely yes. For those of us who only go once a year or so (for now at least!), it's reasonable to want a trip that's free from a known issue, and I would shift my plans in a heartbeat for peace of mind. DH and I have flexible schedules and such a thing is relatively easy for us, which I know isn't true for everyone, but still. I can't speak to the rest of the discussion as a whole, but I didn't know that large tour groups visit WDW in July until I read it here, and I'm glad to have that info for future reference. Never say never, and maybe we'll still visit in July sometime, but I'd rather be forewarned either way.

that's great that you have that option. I guess my point is that targeting a specific group of people (the name of this thread is "brazilians everywhere") is wrong in my opinion. Other than being able to change your traveling dates that's all that these type of threads bring to the table.
On the other thread someone just posted about cheerleading groups, same crazy behaviour. Groups of kids will behave this way most of the time and the only thing to do is talk with management at your hotel and hope something gets done.

I agree about the title singling out a specific nationality of people. ("Brazilians everywhere" made me think of something else entirely, fwiw.) But I find the information about when Pop Warner happens, when the runDisney events are, when cheerleading groups are there, and when large tour groups traditionally attend, equally useful for planning, I have to say.

I would also email and write Disney. Every company wants feedback on their services, products. I would include details such as location, time, event and how it was dealt with when informing the front desk the occurrence. Every guest is a potential return visitor in their eyes. Plus, you may recommend a trip to a few people you know. Word of mouth. So don't feel you just have to tolerate bad behavior from other guests. They should keep things under control. If they don't, then a reputation will build as a bad place to go at that time of year. Not such a magical place as we see on their television commercials. People spend thousands of dollars and lots of time to plan a trip. To come home with a bad memory of your stay at their hotel is unfair to any guest, anywhere.
The SA tour groups reputation was built many years ago and it continues on a yearly basis.

The same thing is said about Pop Warner and the cheerleading groups. The difference is, they have adults that are in charge and will mostly keep them in line and if they are unruly, Disney throws them off property. Why they do it with one group but refuse to do it with others, I don't know.

And yes, people will change their dates to avoid those groups, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter