here now, Epcot has second internal RD again

It's fair because you know about this going in and no one is forcing you to stay there! And if it's really that critical to you that you HAVE to be there for that extra 5-10 minutes, then yes, you'd spend the extra money for a taxi or Uber to do so. Choices....

It really has nothing to do with choices. We all know that we are at the mercy of whatever rope drop procedure DW chooses to implement on any given day. This is more about inconsistencies.

Would you be okay with guests at international gateway being let in 20 minutes before the guests at the main gate? Because anything is possible. Or would you say that's unfair?

Last edited:
It really has nothing to do with choices. We all know that we are at the mercy of whatever rope drop procedure DW chooses to implement on any given day. This is more about inconsistencies.

Would you be okay with guests at international gateway being let in 20 minutes before the guests at the main gate? Because anything is possible. Or would you say that's unfair?

But Disneylover, it's all about choices! Those choices I tell ya, so many choices I just don't know where to begin! lol

Driving a car from the Epcot resorts really doesn't make sense....

Not only does it not make sense, I would argue that it borders total lunacy.

The comparison between POFQ & CR, is unfortunately like comparing apples & oranges...2 totally different price ranges/ categories. So to say it's not fair, really isn't fair to say.:confused3 Higher prices comes w/ better perks.

Yup

Also anyone that drives to MK, knows that they're in the same boat as everyone else. Once again comparing that to CR is a bad example IMHO.. I choose to stay at AKV, so that means I should get a personal limo from Kidani to the front gate ...No? Even if we had a car with us, it's so much more relaxing to have WDW do the work...I'm on vacation, I'd rather not be bothered about finding a spot, then hitting the tram cars. I realize that if I want to be at RD ( when staying at AKV) then I need to leave 20 mins. b4 anyone else.

You're on a roll.

Remember this is WDW, (the Happiest place on EARTH) there's no reason for anyone to get upset/angry...Somethings favor some & some favor others. All in all it should all work out in the end. And if it doesn't:confused3 who cares, because your in DISNEYWORLD!!! That's all that matters.

Absolutely. And when I go to WDW, I typically only do one, maybe 2 (absolute tops) Epcot mornings so this is really a blip on the radar. I mentioned it because this thread is about a 2nd internal RD at Epcot and I was merely pointing out how that helps to level the playing field as the people entering through IG are at a disadvantage. Whether or not CHOICES are involved has nothing to do with it as that doesn't change the fact that the folks who enter IG are at a disadvantage for Soarin/TT. That cannot be disputed.

Just back from AK RD this AM. We were first at the tapstyle.

8:30 we were let into park & stopped right befor the bridge to Discovery Island. Very congested & awful.
8:40 ish we were led across bridge & we went left for KS. We were stopped a little to the left after the tree.
8:50 ish, there was an "opening ceremony" & announcement to welcome to park.
Then we were slowly led by CMS to the ride.
We got to queue at 9 am. The first jeep left at 9:10 am.

It's a choice to enter through IG. If you choose to do that, you know it will take longer to get to the attractions that are open. Your choice. Don't like it, then you go around and enter at the main gate with everyone else. Simple.

Some of this discussion sounds like resort envy to me.

Oh those deluxe people. Condemn them all for their convenient transportation options.

:-D

Just back from AK RD this AM. We were first at the tapstyle.

8:30 we were let into park & stopped right befor the bridge to Discovery Island. Very congested & awful.
8:40 ish we were led across bridge & we went left for KS. We were stopped a little to the left after the tree.
8:50 ish, there was an "opening ceremony" & announcement to welcome to park.
Then we were slowly led by CMS to the ride.
We got to queue at 9 am. The first jeep left at 9:10 am.
What time did you arrive at the park? With this RD procedure, did you feel it was worth it to be first at the tapstyle?

But Disneylover, it's all about choices! Those choices I tell ya, so many choices I just don't know where to begin! lol

Well, I'll tell you where I make my wrong choice at rope drop. Lining up at the tap styles.

If you ever see me at rope drop, don't get in line behind me. That would be a very bad choice. :hyper:
My line never seems to move like the other lines. o_O

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter