Hey, stop picking on Magical Express!

Cruz Family

DIS Veteran
:love:We loved it, as did everyone we know that have used it. From the time our plane landed to the time we were at resort check-in was just over an hour. It was a no brainer for us, way better then worrying about picking up a rental, directions, gas, etc. and best of all Free!!!!

Kevin & John, if I am not mistaken the luggage you saw arriving was not the only trip of the day. I recall seeing luggage deliveries at many times. On our last trip our plane landed around 10:30am and when we returned to our room at 4pm everything was already there.:thumbsup2 I love magical express though not as nearly as much as I love Kevin! :love: :love: :love:

I am also a fan of Magical Express. But.... here is my but...... I am paranoid and I always pick up my luggage on the baggage claim and bring it on the bus with me. So... I cannot vouch for the luggage part. But once I pick up my luggage and bring it on the bus, it is smooth sailing. I have used it twice and will be using it again tomorrow.

I am also a fan of Magical Express. But.... here is my but...... I am paranoid and I always pick up my luggage on the baggage claim and bring it on the bus with me. So... I cannot vouch for the luggage part. But once I pick up my luggage and bring it on the bus, it is smooth sailing. I have used it twice and will be using it again tomorrow.

Tomorrow, I am totally jealous!;)
Hope you have a great trip!:thumbsup2

I like magical express as well. Those lines at the rental desks can take hours (and hours).

We used it for the first time a couple of weeks ago and we thought it was great! It's better tha dragging your own luggage around and paying for your own transportation. :thumbsup2

I have to agree I really like Magical Express. We have used it twice and had no problems. No luggage issues at all and it has always been very quick for us. On this last trip, we got to POFQ, checked in, and our bags were there within an hour of us getting in the room. :) :)

The only issue we had with Magical Express was when we had two rooms, the Dead Bolt to one of them was locked, turned out that was the main room on the account, so they couldn't deliver our luggage until we got back to the hotel (our fault though).

Magical Express is way better than having to deal with:
  • Gas
  • Rental Cars
  • Toll Roads (We don't really have to take any in California, we have options to take them and get away from traffic though, so I find it annoying too be forced into it)
  • Directions

I have to agree that I am a big fan of Magical Express. Vacation to me means NO DRIVING! Our last trip, magical express was wonderful, luggage in our rooms by the time we back from dinner (within 2 hours of arrival). I look forward to no driving and no carrying luggage on our trip in one week!!

We love ME. We have had excellent luck with it. We always take the first flight out of Albany arrive at MCO around 10:30 and our luggage has been in our room by 1:00. (At BC and POP) We usually check in and head over to the food court by the the time we're done our luggage is in our room.:banana: and our room is ready.:thumbsup2

This past trip staying at the BC we decided to pick up our rental car at the airport. So DH and DD headed for ME and I headed to the Alamo desk. No line at the Alamo desk it took about 5 mins and I was off. ME arrived at BC about 35 mins after I did. So that's not too bad at all, especially for the price!!!:cool2:

Magical Express allowed us to extend our first travel day into a "go right to the park day"---which is a tremendous perk. I do wish they could move those ME bus lines at MCO along a bit faster---in '05 we went just days after it began so we expected a wait---this year, the wait took about the same amount of time. As soon as we get on the bus, we feel like our WDW vacation has really begun! Whoot! Whoot!:thumbsup2

Would be even more beneficial if we could check in right at MCO so that we can take the bus right to the parks!

Dream on, right?:idea:

We're another group he loved Magical Express! We had no issues at all and it was nice not having to deal with our luggage at the Orlando airport at all.

We shared a bus with people going to the Poly and we got dropped off first. (Wilderness Lodge) The documents we got in the mail said it would take up to 3 hours to get our luggage, and that is exactly how long it took for us to get our bags.

On the way home, we checked our luggage at the hotel and when we arrived in Boston, our luggage was one of the first off the plane.

:confused:

In reading your trip reports I didn't see that you have ever used ME. Why don't you like it???

I never used it because I know myself and my husband and I know we'd rather have our skin peeled from us in sheets than

1. wait in any line we feel is unnecessary
2. not have a rental car when we're at WDW
3. go around with a group of strangers to various places other than directly where we want to go
4. be told a time to show up to get on the bus at the end of our trip that's anything more than about 2 hours before our flight departs

Magical Express worked very well for us.

The UG is correct that Deluxe Resorts seem to get priority. We were staying at the Poly and we got on our bus very quickly. the lines for the Values were llloooooonnnnnggggg. I know they have many more rooms, but you'd think resources would be allocated according to need and not what people are paying.

Also, it is a negative that you have to leave 3 hours before your flight.

I never used it because I know myself and my husband and I know we'd rather have our skin peeled from us in sheets than

1. wait in any line we feel is unnecessary
2. not have a rental car when we're at WDW
3. go around with a group of strangers to various places other than directly where we want to go
4. be told a time to show up to get on the bus at the end of our trip that's anything more than about 2 hours before our flight departs
Alllllrighty then!

:laundy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter