Holiday Decor Removal Dates

Noooooooo! I told DH that I would love to go to WDW during Christmas to see all the decorations (especially the gingerbread houses). We arrive this coming week, and if he sees those leftover decorations, he might say those count! But they don't because seeing decorations AFTER Christmas is not the same as enjoying decorations that lead UP TO Christmas. Am I right????? :)

At Grand Floridian now, tomorrow is the last day of the Gingerbread House, they had no clue about the other decoration

MK: night of Jan 11th
Epcot: has not been announced
DHS: night of Jan 5th
AK: night of Jan 6th

Additionally AK characters will return to their normal attire (no winter scarves and hats) on Jan 1st.

Disney Springs has not been announced but their Holiday at DS lasts until Jan 8th so I'm assuming it will go down shortly after that if not that same night
Edited to fix last day for DS holidays
thank you so much for posting this, we arrive at WL on 1/2 and were hoping for some holiday decor!

So we're set to be in MK on 1/11 & 1/13 and if I read this right, would we get Christmas decor on Wednesday and regular on Friday? Also then maybe just maybe no crane on the 11th?

Epcot: has not been announced

Additionally AK characters will return to their normal attire (no winter scarves and hats) on Jan 1st.

Disney Springs has not been announced but their Holiday at DS lasts until Jan 8th so I'm assuming it will go down shortly after that if not that same night
Edited to fix last day for DS holidays
Ahhh! This is awesome news! My sisters family only has two park days and our MK day is the 11th! I hope they don't decide to do it early!

So we're set to be in MK on 1/11 & 1/13 and if I read this right, would we get Christmas decor on Wednesday and regular on Friday? Also then maybe just maybe no crane on the 11th?

The use of the crane is for a different process, entirely.

Do you have info about the hotels, specifically GF and WL? We didn't make it out to see them before Christmas. Hoping to go on New Years or the day after.

We just returned from AK Kidani last night. We did the Twilight Safari on 1/2 and upon our return at 11:00pm, the truck was there taking down the decorations. When we left yesterday morning they were GONE.... :sad:

Epcot taking down their decor Jan 12th

Epcot: night of Jan 12th
Thank you for the info! I arrive Saturday morning; glad I'll get to see MK and Epcot all decorate for most of the trip. :yay:

Interesting that Epcot is going to be last. I thought MK would've been.
I wonder if the new Arts Festival plays into that decision? The arts festival starts on Friday the 13, I believe. Maybe they have some sort of decorations planned for that, and will be going from holiday decor to arts festival decor directly, instead of 'regular' decor in between, just to save one step.

I wonder if the new Arts Festival plays into that decision? The arts festival starts on Friday the 13, I believe. Maybe they have some sort of decorations planned for that, and will be going from holiday decor to arts festival decor directly, instead of 'regular' decor in between, just to save one step.
I'm in Epcot as we speak. Festival of the arts booths are starting to go up already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter