Holiday "W.I.S.H."es - December 2021 thread

Nothing big happening this weekend. Had a sub contractor come out last night. He said they could do their work by Christmas. That would be awesome, but I want everything done at once. No living in limbo for me. So we'll see what our contractor says when we finally get the official bid.

Will probably do some in store Christmas shopping for our little instant grandchild. DS2 and his girlfriend (he hasn't officially asked her yet!) are looking for wedding venues but the date will be 2023! He flies home in ten days!

DH got his booster today but he's only expecting to have a sore arm since that's what he had last time.

For me, my all time favorites would be the "Santa Clause" 1, 2, & 3. "Home Alone" comes in second. I was shocked to see the original "Miracle on 34th Street" on the list. I love that one too. Yesterday afternoon, I surprised the kids with "Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas" during snack time.

I guess I’m not much of a Christmas movie person, or just very particular? I do like Home Alone and the first Santa Clause movie.

Unexpected wind storm last night, at least by me, the weatherman may have known it was coming. Lots of outages and branches down. So far I haven’t gotten started on anything on my list, getting breakfast right now, then probably a nap.

My friend had a hysterectomy, and I really wanted to cheer her up. So, I sent her this through 1-800-flo….:
333582D9-783A-4492-9050-67F9046A9758.jpeg

This is what she received:
157514BB-2FA2-4212-8858-89FA9C379F67.jpeg

I mean…seriously?! That’s the best they can do for a ridiculous amount of money?!

I have other gifts to send via this business and paid for one year of free delivery. After I made that commitment, this happens. In the end, they are replacing the plant on the 14th, but now I hesitate sending plants or flowers. I guess that I will do gift baskets instead.

Last edited:
I love the old Christmas movies-The Little Shop Around the Corner with James Stewart and The Bishop’s Wife with Cary Grant and Loretta Young are two favorites. And Elf is always fun. I look for the Christmas episodes of the old tv shows on MeTv this time of year. Dick Van Dyke, Andy Griffith, Mash.
Made my first batch of cookie dough today! I’ll freeze some and bake some for when the kids come tomorrow.

Summer, I bought a big poinsettia last week and it’s looking pathetic already-I am so annoyed. Tempted to return it because I couldn’t have killed it already!

Family coming for dinner and football today, but putting a ham in the oven and au gratin potatoes from Costco so not too stressed. Just have to clean some asparagus and put some vegetables and dip out. Cheese and crackers.
When they get here I’ll go for a walk with my grandson to give his parents some quiet time. I think we’ll walk in the neighborhood and look at decorations.
Have a relaxing day, everyone!

Did my shopping errands early when no one else was about. Starting to work on the ‘menu’ for my lunchtime charcuterie board and choosing recipes for the tray of cookies I’ll be taking to dinner.

I rearranged the bedroom yesterday, but there’s still a long list of chores to tackle… after the football game which is fortunately early today.

DD's boyfriend broke up with her on Thursday. This was her first real boyfriend and brake up. She is handling this so much better then I ever did with break ups. She asked for edible cookie dough and to color her hair. So that is what we did. I dyed it today at home. It is a nice bright red color. She had to have it done before break. I am guessing to show him that she is not upset and is moving on. She didn't do the color when we had it done professionally because he didn't want her too. I was pissed that she wanted it colored but spending only $13 and doing it myself I was ok but told her next time I won't. She doesn't seem very upset about the breakup. She was Thursday but that was it.

Yesterday I went to dinner with some friends. It was nice to get out for a bit. Though I haven't felt great since. I am pretty sure that the food had some MSG but it was still good and glad I had today to hang out at home.

It does feel like I am taking a “rest”. I am ok with maintaining my weight these next few weeks, but I definitely do not want to gain. So I am motivated to stick to my usual low point breakfast, plan healthy dinners and get out for a daily walk. It’s actually less stressful doing a little planning rather than just giving in and overindulging.

What is your plan this week?

Happy Monday.

Things did get done over the weekend, lots of little things but not so much the big ones. I've adjusted my pre-Christmas to-do list a bit, like the curtains got switched in the bedroom, but not the curtain rods (hanging curtain rods is one of my least favorite things to do), and I moved the bed and changed the quilt for the down comforter, but didn't change out the headboards. Some times good enough is good enough.

Last week I was successful at improving my intake of nutrition, mostly thru adding
supplements. This week the focus has got to be reducing the sugar, which has been a problem again. My eye exam for new glasses is finally this week, and Friday I have the consult with the Orthodontist, so some forward movement on both fronts. There are just a few more holiday decor things to do, and more food planning, then next week it'll be baking. Time moves so so fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter