Hope1826's TR - SBP/Attic/Upper UK - Wedding Pics Finally - Page 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nikki,
I'm so sorry about your dad :hug: Your floral was actually really pretty, even if it wasn't exactly what you asked for. I know how frustrating that can be though when you are paying so much money you just want what you asked for! Did you tell them how disappointed in the flowers you were?

You and your girls are gorgeous! Can't wait to see Misty's pictures...
And I agree with Carrie... your hubby is a cutie. ;)
Glad to hear you like Rev. Knox. He seems so at ease with everyone.

And I'm sorry about your dad...:hug:
I'm sure it's really hard to think about it now, just keep on praying and enjoy your time with him.
Honestly I can't imagine having to go through this. Think about how much he must love you to hold off this information until after your big day.
I'll keep your family in my prayers...

I'm so sorry about your dad. I hope they can come up with a treatment for his soon, so he can enjoy your new life.

As for contacting Disney Floral, I would. Sure you didn't have a planning session, but not every bride can afford the trip down there. I'm sure they do lots of weddings with no PS. And you sent her the same pic you posted here, right? even if the bouquet didn't match perfectly, the ribbon wasn't correct, and what was up with all the goo all over the flowers?? That alone would make me complain! I'm sure it was all over your hands and on some dresses! ICK!

I'm so sorry about your Dad, my Dad past away when I was only 19 years old and my Mother also had Breast Cancer. So I can't definitely relate. You are in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

Congrats on your wedding. Everything was just beautiful! Can't wait to see more photos! :goodvibes

Oh I am sooooo sorry to hear that about your father :sad1:

Cancer is tough and that is how I lost my grandfather. I hope everything turns out ok. If it helps, my grandfather was diagnosed with cancer and told he only had six months to live but he ended up living 13 years. I hope your dad goes past 13 years!!! :grouphug:

Nikki,

I haven't had a chance to read through your entire TR yet (I am waiting for a free min to do so!!! can't wait!!!), but I am so sorry to hear about your dad. My heart is heavy with sadness for you. Please know that everyone here will be praying for your family, for your dad, and for you. I wish you all the luck in the world as you start your new life with your DH, and as your family goes through this troubling time. :hug: :hug:

Oh nikki....I am so sorry to hear that. Wow...that would be such a heartbreak after such a beautiful event. I am so so sorry you have to go through this, you and your family, and especially your father. You have to admire how much strength it must have taken him to keep that from you before your big day. It was him showing how much he loves you. Don't ever hold it against him...he must love you so dearly to be so unselfish. Wow..I'm crying now! Even if he is hiding the truth from you...and whether he has 5 years or 5 days...love him. Tell him everything you have ever thought or wanted to tell him. Live each day with him as if is were his last. This is your opportunity to really connect with him. Listen to every story he has to tell..ask him every question you have ever wanted to ask...and write it down for your own children. Tell him what you're going to do in your life...tell him when you will be thinking of him. Let him know that even if he is gone in person, you two will always be close in spirit. And remember...every single thing that happens in our lives happens for a reason..even if we are blind to it at the moment.

We are all here for you. Try to stay positive..if only for his sake.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

My father passed away from cancer . It has been a number of years now, but I can understand your feelings. My thoughts are with you and your family. Cherish the times you have had those will always be with you and enjoy the now. Its hard not to dwell on what could be etc.... but you could miss so much now. best wishes:)

Oh nikki....I am so sorry to hear that. Wow...that would be such a heartbreak after such a beautiful event. I am so so sorry you have to go through this, you and your family, and especially your father. You have to admire how much strength it must have taken him to keep that from you before your big day. It was him showing how much he loves you. Don't ever hold it against him...he must love you so dearly to be so unselfish. Wow..I'm crying now! Even if he is hiding the truth from you...and whether he has 5 years or 5 days...love him. Tell him everything you have ever thought or wanted to tell him. Live each day with him as if is were his last. This is your opportunity to really connect with him. Listen to every story he has to tell..ask him every question you have ever wanted to ask...and write it down for your own children. Tell him what you're going to do in your life...tell him when you will be thinking of him. Let him know that even if he is gone in person, you two will always be close in spirit. And remember...every single thing that happens in our lives happens for a reason..even if we are blind to it at the moment.

I totally agree with Megan's comments. Seize each opportunity to talk and listen. And remember, when you need someone to talk to. We'll be here to listen to you.

Nikki, I'm very sorry. It's tough when your parents are sick, but even more difficult when you're not sure what's fact.

My father went through a cancer "scare" last year. I say "scare" because he doesn't have it yet, but based on all the test results, they say it's only a matter of time (I've never heard that one before). His heart is also failing, and he needs surgery.

It's *very* scary. When someone has been around your entire life, not knowing what's going to happen next can be terrifying.

I'm getting married in September, I pray every day he'll be there to walk me down the aisle because it's always been his dream.

It must be frustrating that he's waited until now to tell you, but now that you know, you can take advantage of every moment you have.

I really do hope it's five years or more. :hug:

Just finished up your TR and I loved your ceremony. I am SO sorry to hear about your father. :hug: :guilty: But, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

On the bright side, your wedding looked phenomenal. I'm sorry you weren't pleased with your flowers, but if that's the only thing that goes wrong with MY wedding, I'll consider myself blessed!! :lmao:

MUCH LOVE! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sorry to hear about the pain you and your family are in. Lots of love from your friends on the dis...

My heart and prayers go out to you in this time of need. As others have said enjoy your time with him now. :hug:

:hug: Thank you ALL so much for the support, prayers, hugs, and pixie dust for my dad and my family. I am sorry I brought this up here, but I am also so grateful to all of you. I deeply appreciate everything you have all written. I know I don't know any of you really, but you have all been so amazing to me! So thank you! grouphug:

I kind of just don't know how to feel. I mean last monday was absolutely the best day of my life so far and then five days later I got the worst news of my life so far. So I go back and forth between being ecstatic and sad. I keep putting some of our wedding pictures up at work because they make me smile, but then take them down 5 minutes later, when I start crying because I am thinking of my dad. I am at work and I'm fighting back tears, so I think I should write about some happy stuff! I am definitely going to take the advice you all have given me. :grouphug:

Nikki - all your pictures are beautiful! Classic questions and actions from your ringbearer! Our wedding should be a true circus!

So, so sorry about your Dad! :grouphug: Sending hugs and prayers for many happy moments together...for years to come :pixiedust:

Keep the TR coming :surfweb:

That's part of why I can't wait to see your pics. They will have so much fun. And you and James will have so much fun!

Nikki,
I'm so sorry about your dad :hug: Your floral was actually really pretty, even if it wasn't exactly what you asked for. I know how frustrating that can be though when you are paying so much money you just want what you asked for! Did you tell them how disappointed in the flowers you were?

I told my planner, about the flowers, but I haven't told Rose yet. But I will!

You and your girls are gorgeous! Can't wait to see Misty's pictures...
And I agree with Carrie... your hubby is a cutie. ;)
Glad to hear you like Rev. Knox. He seems so at ease with everyone.

And I'm sorry about your dad...:hug:
I'm sure it's really hard to think about it now, just keep on praying and enjoy your time with him.
Honestly I can't imagine having to go through this. Think about how much he must love you to hold off this information until after your big day.
I'll keep your family in my prayers...

Thank you Cynthia! Cute hubbies rock! There are so many cute hubbies on this board. Shane is a cutie too. You two are going to have gorgeous babies (if that's on the agenda).

I'm so sorry about your dad. I hope they can come up with a treatment for his soon, so he can enjoy your new life.

As for contacting Disney Floral, I would. Sure you didn't have a planning session, but not every bride can afford the trip down there. I'm sure they do lots of weddings with no PS. And you sent her the same pic you posted here, right? even if the bouquet didn't match perfectly, the ribbon wasn't correct, and what was up with all the goo all over the flowers?? That alone would make me complain! I'm sure it was all over your hands and on some dresses! ICK!

Yep, I sent her a four page word file with tons of pics and very detailed descriptions and went over it all during a phone session. I will complain, nicely though!

I'm so sorry about your Dad, my Dad past away when I was only 19 years old and my Mother also had Breast Cancer. So I can't definitely relate. You are in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

Congrats on your wedding. Everything was just beautiful! Can't wait to see more photos! :goodvibes

Thank you! I am sorry about your parents too! :hug:

Oh I am sooooo sorry to hear that about your father :sad1:

Cancer is tough and that is how I lost my grandfather. I hope everything turns out ok. If it helps, my grandfather was diagnosed with cancer and told he only had six months to live but he ended up living 13 years. I hope your dad goes past 13 years!!! :grouphug:

That is so encouraging, a few other people have told me similar things. I do pray that he will have the same experience.

Nikki,

I haven't had a chance to read through your entire TR yet (I am waiting for a free min to do so!!! can't wait!!!), but I am so sorry to hear about your dad. My heart is heavy with sadness for you. Please know that everyone here will be praying for your family, for your dad, and for you. I wish you all the luck in the world as you start your new life with your DH, and as your family goes through this troubling time. :hug: :hug:

Thank you so much!

Meg, Thank you so much. this is wonderful advice and I will do it. I am going to call him tonight.

My father passed away from cancer . It has been a number of years now, but I can understand your feelings. My thoughts are with you and your family. Cherish the times you have had those will always be with you and enjoy the now. Its hard not to dwell on what could be etc.... but you could miss so much now. best wishes:)

Thank you so much :hug:

Nikki -- My thoughts and prayers are with your family, sweetie! :hug:

Thank you so much! I am starting to cry again, from reading all of your posts.

I totally agree with Megan's comments. Seize each opportunity to talk and listen. And remember, when you need someone to talk to. We'll be here to listen to you.

Thank you so much. You guys are so wonderful!

I don't know how I missed the new pics, they are GORGEOUS!!!!!!

I am sorry to hear about your dad, my mom has bad cancer 3 times now and it has been very difficult. (breast cancer twice, and ovarian cancer.) My prayers are with you and your family.

:hug: I'm sure you are still in shock, but positive mental attitude is one of the most important gifts you can offer right now!

Not only is he afraid for himself, but I have had a scare of my own, and the one thing that I was most afraid of was missing out on the future of my girls.

Hope, love, laughter, and positive thinking are strengthening and healing for you all!

We are all here for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter