Hope1826's TR - SBP/Attic/Upper UK - Wedding Pics Finally - Page 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok... I so wish I had more pictures of the Attic, but alas only TWO out of all of the ridiculous paparazzi (see below) who attended the wedding have actually sent me the photos they took. I'm guessing that they are way too busy working on million dollar deals with People or Star magazine :lmao: But whatever, I love them anyway!

My paparazzi...
This pic is during the cake cutting. Misty had to shoo a few of our guests out of the way a number of times that day!

Paparazzi.jpg

Notes for future Attic brides...
Our sweetheart table was right behind the paparazzi. There were double french doors that were fully opened in the back and to the right in the pic.

Carrie's (lurkyloo's) pics offer a different setup option. I think our cake table and sweetheart table positions were swapped. You can choose!! The setup we had was the default setup (I think) but we loved it for a few reasons....

1. While seated at the sweetheart table DH and I could see ALL of our guests, inside and outside. Being right next to the opening (on DH's left in the pic below) made it look like everyone was in the one room, from our perspective.

2. We could see the big Epcot golf ball from our seats. And a number of times when we noticed it, we would lean over and whisper to each other how excited we were about the Dessert Party that was still to come and how unbelievable it was that we just got married at Disney!
My dad giving his toast...
toast.jpg

2. Our cake cutting pics will have Epcot in the background! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

cakeandepcot2.jpg

My brother with the cocktail hour, the cheese, bread and fruit display in the background. This was positioned to my right (when seated at the sweetheart table).
Trev2.jpg

My grandmother and uncle with the lounging area and beautiful windows in the background and the incredibly shiny floors Carrie (lurkyloo) raved about!

grandma.jpg

My aunt and cousin with our table centerpieces...
It was simple and affordable and everyone loved them. Each centerpiece consisted of a different picture in a different frame, a mini frame with the names of the people or characters, rose petals and a single votive candle. There were 10 frames in all. 6 tables had the wedding pictures of our parents and grandparents, and four had Disney couples (Lady and Tramp, Snow White and her Prince, Belle and The Beast, and our table had Pocahontas and John Smith.)

insideattic.jpg

insideattic-1.jpg

centerpiece.jpg

We did NOT stay at the sweetheart table long, we were just there for toasts and food. We spent most of our time on the balcony... Again I saw some of our paparazzi take pictures of the lake, the Atlantic Dance Hall, the Rocking Chairs, DH and I loved and the Boardwalk, but they haven't sent me anything, so this is all I have... It shows the seating and tables, everyone was very comfortable....

My cousin...
mar.jpg

The princesses...
balcony.jpg

My aunt with the violinist and the buffet table in the background before they set out the food.
aunt2.jpg

The other thing that pleasantly surprised us was the size and proportions of the two spaces. It was much larger than we expected, especially the balcony. And the 10' ceiling height and large windows were perfect. The space is designed very well. The furniture layout is particularly wonderful because our party of 38 felt intimate and comfortable, but I can easily visualize a parties of 20 or even 60 feeling the same level of intimacy and comfort.

Thank you for all the photos of the Attic and your thoughts on the space. I am having a Sept. 2009 wedding (pj comimg a little later) and I am really interested in the Attic. Your TR has been wonderful to read and very helpful. You are a beautiful bride and your husband should be on the cover of GQ!

Great pix! DH was reading over my shoulder and said, "It's funny to see people we don't know at our party!" :lmao:

Thank you for all the photos of the Attic and your thoughts on the space. I am having a Sept. 2009 wedding (pj comimg a little later) and I am really interested in the Attic. Your TR has been wonderful to read and very helpful. You are a beautiful bride and your husband should be on the cover of GQ!

You're welcome. I hope they are helpful. And thank you for the compliments, I told DH what you wrote and he blushed!

Great pix! DH was reading over my shoulder and said, "It's funny to see people we don't know at our party!" :lmao:

:lmao: :rotfl: That is so funny.
The minute DH and I walked into the space, I felt like I was at your party! It was a little surreal and it took a few moments for everything to sink in. You know, people don't normally look at tons of other brides wedding photos in as much depth to figure out where they want to have their wedding.

Everywhere I went I could picture of all of the recent disbrides... Morocco was yours, Italy was Marci, SBP was Caryn, Wendy and Cynthia, WP and Atlantic Dance Hall was Amanda, etc.... It was so strange (in a good way though). :goodvibes

your paparazzi took beautiful pictures of your reception. What a sweet couple.

Thank you. I think they did a great job too, that's why I can't wait to get my hands on their pics. In addition to Misty's many cameras, there are 6 more cameras out there that have hundreds of our wedding pics, maybe dozens of Attic pics on them. But I will be patient.:flower3:

You know, people don't normally look at tons of other brides wedding photos in as much depth to figure out where they want to have their wedding.

Everywhere I went I could picture of all of the recent disbrides... Morocco was yours, Italy was Marci, SBP was Caryn, Wendy and Cynthia, WP and Atlantic Dance Hall was Amanda, etc.... It was so strange (in a good way though). :goodvibes

I totally agree. I love to look at all the TR wedding pics and I see what I like about each location and would or would not work for me. . . I mean us ;)

Thank you. I think they did a great job too, that's why I can't wait to get my hands on their pics. In addition to Misty's many cameras, there are 6 more cameras out there that have hundreds of our wedding pics, maybe dozens of Attic pics on them. But I will be patient.:flower3:

I can't wait to see more, so I will be patient too :rolleyes1

Seeing your pics of the Attic REALLY REALLY help me out!!! I see how it will look at an actual wedding and not just plain like on mousweddings website. I am so excited about the Attic now!!! I think it will be perfect for my 32 guests. Thank you for posting pics!!!! Everything looked beautiful and I love your frame idea. Glad your dad has a great prognosis!!!! :goodvibes

Thanks from me too, Hope!! We will be at the Attic on May 27 with 32 total as well:goodvibes I think that I want mine set up like yours also. Did you ask or did you just get it that way by fate? :wizard: I will just say put the cake table under the airplanes. My DH is a pilot - he flies a Cessna 172 for a living and this is why I loved the Attic soooo much :love: :cloud9:

Just found your trippie & loving it!

I'm sorry that your floral was not all that you hoped it would be, but it was still very beautiful.

Hoping that things go well for your dad - keeping your family in my prayers. :hug:

Can't wait to hear more & see more pics!

Your reception looks lovely!! Can't wait to hear more about your day!

EEEEkkkkkk, I keep forgetting to check my own TR and I totally missed all of your posts. I'm sorry!

Seeing your pics of the Attic REALLY REALLY help me out!!! I see how it will look at an actual wedding and not just plain like on mousweddings website. I am so excited about the Attic now!!! I think it will be perfect for my 32 guests. Thank you for posting pics!!!! Everything looked beautiful and I love your frame idea. Glad your dad has a great prognosis!!!! :goodvibes

I am so glad that you are excited about the Attic. I can't wait to see how you like it in person. Are you going down for a planning session?

Thanks from me too, Hope!! We will be at the Attic on May 27 with 32 total as well:goodvibes I think that I want mine set up like yours also. Did you ask or did you just get it that way by fate? :wizard: I will just say put the cake table under the airplanes. My DH is a pilot - he flies a Cessna 172 for a living and this is why I loved the Attic soooo much :love: :cloud9:

You're welcome! I can't wait to see your pics.

I think the setup I had is the default setup for them. I didn't ask for anything different since I booked the Attic based on pictures, I was kind of crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. I loved the layout, but I could also see why switching the cake table and sweetheart table would be desirable for some.

We loved the mini airplanes!

All your pictures look great!! You looked beautiful!!!!!

Thank you!

Just found your trippie & loving it!

I'm sorry that your floral was not all that you hoped it would be, but it was still very beautiful.

Hoping that things go well for your dad - keeping your family in my prayers. :hug:

Can't wait to hear more & see more pics!

Thank you so much! I've been waiting for pics to do an actual Trip Report, but I think I will just do a brief pictureless one.

Your reception looks lovely!! Can't wait to hear more about your day!

Thank you!

Dont you just love the paparazzi! I had my shower last weekend and I was saying the same thing!

The paparazzi was hilarious! It's going to be even worse at your wedding! Misty handled it very well though. :thumbsup2

I am going to start a mini Trip Report without pictures. And as I get pics (if I get pics) I will post them.

Day 1 - Thursday May 1st
Our flight was scheduled to leave Newark at 2:10 PM, and since DH and I are both ridiculous, this was our plan...

8:30 - Wake up and get ready
9:15 - Pack luggage into car and check off list
9:25 - Double check that we have everything, especially wedding gown, marriage license, rings
9:30 - Triple check that we have everything, especially wedding gown, marriage license, rings
9:40 - Chase Milhouse (the baby) around the house to get him into the carrying case
9:50 - Drop our 3 pets at their EVIL vet for boarding (more on that later) :mad: :mad: :mad:
10:00 - Take NJ Turnpike towards NYC and hope for no traffic
10:30 - Arrive at Newark Airport, stand in long lines, check in luggage, stand in more long lines, remove shoes, get strip searched, have breakfast and relax for 3 hours
1:50 - Board plane
2:10 - Watch movie on JetBlue, while DH appreciates the extra leg room!

When it comes to traveling, we both have serious issues that stem from two different sorts of dysfunctional families! However, leaving super early was probably the single best planning decision we made during the entire trip.

Anyway, this is what actually happened...

9:25 - Double check that we have everything, especially wedding gown, marriage license, rings
9:30 - Triple check that we have everything, especially wedding gown, marriage license, rings
9:40 - Chase Milhouse (the baby) around the house to get him into the carrying case
9:50 - Drop our 3 pets at their EVIL vet for boarding (more on that later) :mad: :mad: :mad:

Everything was going perfectly, until...
10:10 - We notice an overturned SUV in the Northbound truck lane and cop cars and ambulances, but no traffic
10:11 - We hope the person in the car is ok and we zip by feeling lucky that there was no traffic
10:25 - DH exits NJ Turnpike at Exit 13A-Airport
10:26:01 - I shout "HOLY CRAP"
10:26:02 - DH swerves
10:26:05 - I very calmly inform DH that we HAVE to go back home, because despite the gazillion scheduled luggage checks, I somehow managed to FORGET MY *&$%(#& WEDDING GOWN!
10:30 - DH enters NJ Turnpike at Exit 13A going South
10:40 - We hit a little TRAFFIC near Exit 11 caused by the over turned SUV, but we notice that cars in the Northbound lanes are virtually parked
10:55 - Exit NJ Turnpike at Exit 9- New Brunswick
11:00 - Retrieve wedding gown and apologize to DH for forgetting the gown
11:05 - Take back roads I think I had gotten lost on in the past to find the entrance to Exit 11, hoping that we will be entering past the accident
11:40 - Get lost behind Woodbrige Mall
12:00 - Take NJ Turnpike at Exit 11, a little traffic but not bad
12:20 - Arrive at Newark Airport, stand in long lines, check in luggage, stand in more long lines, remove shoes, get strip searched, scarf down Nachos for breakfast, relax for 10 minutes
2:10 - Watch in horror as DH squishes my huge dress into overhead compartment, listen as older ladies nearby scold him for not being gentle, :lmao: and watch 27 dresses on JetBlue while DH appreciates the extra leg room!

Whew...

The rest of the day was mostly uneventful...
We arrived at MCO, rode Magical Express, then checked in at All Star Movies, had dinner at Nine Dragons with DH's parents, and went to our separate rooms.

I was staying with one of my BM's whose flight came in at 10 PM, but she didn't get to All-Star Movies until 2 AM because Magical Express apparently isn't all that "magical" at night. They also lost her luggage and she finally got it the next day at 3 PM!

Next up... Day 2... Hair/Makeup Trial with Patricia LeJeune (I do have pics of this) and Animal Kingdom

:scared1: How could you forget the most important thing, beside DH of course!! Glad you remembered BEFORE you boarded the plane!

Can't wait to hear more!|

Jennifer

Oh no! Leaving without the dress can be BAD!:scared1:

Glad DH had plenty of leg room:rotfl:

popcorn::

Can you believe I did that??? I felt sooooooo bad! The dress was hanging right by the door and as we were getting ready, I would pass by and touch it and say outloud to the dress (as if it understood English)... " I CANNOT FORGET YOU"! And of course, it was the one thing I forgot! Absolutely ridiculous!

:scared1: How could you forget the most important thing, beside DH of course!! Glad you remembered BEFORE you boarded the plane!

Can't wait to hear more!|

Jennifer

I don't know what I would have done if I had remembered while the plane was taking off. I am so glad I didn't have to find out.

You could be a sports commentator! :rotfl2:

DH would LOVE that! I would have to be a baseball commentator though. Specifically for the Mets.:thumbsup2

Anyway the moral of the story is... DON'T FORGET YOUR DRESS!!!

Other than the fact that you forgot it, are you glad that you brought in on the plane instead of shipping it? I'm debating both options. Did security give you a hard time?

I can't wait for Misty pics!

I am going to start a mini Trip Report without pictures. And as I get pics (if I get pics) I will post them.

Day 1 - Thursday May 1st
Our flight was scheduled to leave Newark at 2:10 PM, and since DH and I are both ridiculous, this was our plan...

10:30 - Arrive at Newark Airport, stand in long lines, check in luggage, stand in more long lines, remove shoes, get strip searched, have breakfast and relax for 3 hours
2:10 - Watch movie on JetBlue, while DH appreciates the extra leg room!

When it comes to traveling, we both have serious issues that stem from two different sorts of dysfunctional families! However, leaving super early was probably the single best planning decision we made during the entire trip.

Anyway, this is what actually happened...

Everything was going perfectly, until...
10:10 - We notice an overturned SUV in the Northbound truck lane and cop cars and ambulances, but no traffic
10:11 - We hope the person in the car is ok and we zip by feeling lucky that there was no traffic
10:25 - DH exits NJ Turnpike at Exit 13A-Airport
10:26:01 - I shout "HOLY CRAP"
10:26:02 - DH swerves
10:26:05 - I very calmly inform DH that we HAVE to go back home, because despite the gazillion scheduled luggage checks, I somehow managed to FORGET MY *&$%(#& WEDDING GOWN!
10:30 - DH enters NJ Turnpike at Exit 13A going South
10:40 - We hit a little TRAFFIC near Exit 11 caused by the over turned SUV, but we notice that cars in the Northbound lanes are virtually parked
10:55 - Exit NJ Turnpike at Exit 9- New Brunswick
11:00 - Retrieve wedding gown and apologize to DH for forgetting the gown
11:05 - Take back roads I think I had gotten lost on in the past to find the entrance to Exit 11, hoping that we will be entering past the accident
11:40 - Get lost behind Woodbrige Mall
12:00 - Take NJ Turnpike at Exit 11, a little traffic but not bad
12:20 - Arrive at Newark Airport, stand in long lines, check in luggage, stand in more long lines, remove shoes, get strip searched, scarf down Nachos for breakfast, relax for 10 minutes
2:10 - Watch in horror as DH squishes my huge dress into overhead compartment, listen as older ladies nearby scold him for not being gentle, :lmao: and watch 27 dresses on JetBlue while DH appreciates the extra leg room!

Whew...

The rest of the day was mostly uneventful...
We arrived at MCO, rode Magical Express, then checked in at All Star Movies, had dinner at Nine Dragons with DH's parents, and went to our separate rooms.

I was staying with one of my BM's whose flight came in at 10 PM, but she didn't get to All-Star Movies until 2 AM because Magical Express apparently isn't all that "magical" at night. They also lost her luggage and she finally got it the next day at 3 PM!

Next up... Day 2... Hair/Makeup Trial with Patricia LeJeune (I do have pics of this) and Animal Kingdom

What a crazy morning! Our Best Friedns live right behind the Woodbridge Mall! It is cool to picture the places you are talking about! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter