• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Hope1826's TR - SBP/Attic/Upper UK - Wedding Pics Finally - Page 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than the fact that you forgot it, are you glad that you brought in on the plane instead of shipping it? I'm debating both options. Did security give you a hard time?

I can't wait for Misty pics!

I am very glad I didn't ship it, but honestly my decision to not ship it was based on the alignment of planets at the time and my birth chart. If I had shipped it, I think I would have been worrying the entire time it was away from me. But that's just me. Murphy's Law is almost always in effect with Pisceans, and DH and I are both Pisces.

What a crazy morning! Our Best Friedns live right behind the Woodbridge Mall! It is cool to picture the places you are talking about! LOL

LOL, this goes back to the answer above, if we had been any other astrological sign, we might have been really upset. But we're used to chaos so we laughed the whole way through. We happily listened to Howard Stern going and coming and going again.

Have you ever gotten lost back there? I think we got lost somewhere in Fords. We've lived in the area for two years and I constantly get lost everywhere!

Okay, you nearly gave me a heart attack!!! I expected you to say J/K!!! I am soooo glad you remembered your gown as quickly as you did. :eek:

Okay, you nearly gave me a heart attack!!! I expected you to say J/K!!! I am soooo glad you remembered your gown as quickly as you did. :eek:

:lmao: I'm sorry, I actually was just trying to decide if I should change my thread update title to... "Day 1- I FORGOT my Wedding gown", but I don't want to scare people!

I am so glad too! I am also really glad we left so early. If we had planned to arrive at the airport at Noon (as advised) we would have missed our plane.

im enjoying your tr!!!!

Im glad to hear about your dad responding to that treatment..theres a controversial treatment for cancer out there, but its hard to get & dangerous to take, but its proven to work...but so far he seems i good spirits
:hug:
I loved your top 10!!!!! too cute!!!
your tables centerpieces were great!!!

Im sorry to hear about the flowers & ohanas being BIG let downs!!! but im glad you still had a beautiful wedding!!!

cant wait to see more pics!!!!

How horrible if you did forget your gown! OMG....Thank goodness you Didn't!

Other than the fact that you forgot it, are you glad that you brought in on the plane instead of shipping it? I'm debating both options. Did security give you a hard time?

I can't wait for Misty pics!

Oh I forgot... Security didn't give me a hard time at all. They told me to lay it flat on the x-ray conveyer belt. They didn't even open the dress bag. And the flight attendants just laughed while DH stuffed it in the overhead.
No one gave me a hard time.

A lot of people going and coming congratulated us. AND when we first entered the Security area, the guy who first took our ID and boarding passes scrutinized them. Then asked why we were going to Florida and looked very mean, but when I held up my dress and said that we were going down to get married at Disney World he smiled and handed our passes and ID's back. I think he changed his mind about giving us a hard time because of the dress!

im enjoying your tr!!!!

Im glad to hear about your dad responding to that treatment..theres a controversial treatment for cancer out there, but its hard to get & dangerous to take, but its proven to work...but so far he seems i good spirits
:hug:
I loved your top 10!!!!! too cute!!!
your tables centerpieces were great!!!

Im sorry to hear about the flowers & ohanas being BIG let downs!!! but im glad you still had a beautiful wedding!!!

cant wait to see more pics!!!!

A BIG thank you!!!!

What is the treatment you're talking about? I don't even know what the thing my dad is doing is called.

How horrible if you did forget your gown! OMG....Thank goodness you Didn't!

I know, I really can't even imagine what I would have done!

its called Bloodroot...but ive been told it can be toxic...a lady at work goes to a holistic dr & he, himself used it to treat his cancer & he has been cancer free, but he said its powerful & can be dangerous..thats why its controversial

anyway..your welcome & anxiouly awaiting more pics & tr!!!!!!

oh no Nikki! :scared1: well done you for remembering! :banana:

Glad you got the dress through on the plane ok... that's what i'll be doing too so its good to know! :thumbsup2

Just found your TR

Everything looks beautiful (despite the not perfect flowers)

Ok, I want to give you some hugs for you and your family. My dad died 13 yrs ago from leukemia and I know how hard the battle is to watch although ours was a short 6 weeks. My advice is to be there for everything you can.

Now on to my FIL. He was diagnosed with MM 1.5 yrs ago. He was borderline for being able to do the stem cell transplant since he was 70 but with the treatments prior he was able to pass the tests in the end. He had his transplant at Vanderbilt last spring. He is doing very well and we are so thankful. He still gets those treatments to coat the bones ( I forget what it's called) and does well. I'm so glad your dad is within the requirements now. Keep strong and have faith. FIL is doing so well he can sit the grandkids and that means able to play with a 3, 4 and 5 yr old. Everyday is a gift.

its called Bloodroot...but ive been told it can be toxic...a lady at work goes to a holistic dr & he, himself used it to treat his cancer & he has been cancer free, but he said its powerful & can be dangerous..thats why its controversial

anyway..your welcome & anxiouly awaiting more pics & tr!!!!!!

Thank you. I will have to look it up.

Me too!! I can't wait to see my pics either!:goodvibes

oh no Nikki! :scared1: well done you for remembering! :banana:

Glad you got the dress through on the plane ok... that's what i'll be doing too so its good to know! :thumbsup2

If they do give you trouble... make sure you tell them you're getting married at Disney! Everyone at the airport who could have given us trouble, with a mean grumpy face, brightened up when we told them.

Just found your TR

Everything looks beautiful (despite the not perfect flowers)

Ok, I want to give you some hugs for you and your family. My dad died 13 yrs ago from leukemia and I know how hard the battle is to watch although ours was a short 6 weeks. My advice is to be there for everything you can.

Now on to my FIL. He was diagnosed with MM 1.5 yrs ago. He was borderline for being able to do the stem cell transplant since he was 70 but with the treatments prior he was able to pass the tests in the end. He had his transplant at Vanderbilt last spring. He is doing very well and we are so thankful. He still gets those treatments to coat the bones ( I forget what it's called) and does well. I'm so glad your dad is within the requirements now. Keep strong and have faith. FIL is doing so well he can sit the grandkids and that means able to play with a 3, 4 and 5 yr old. Everyday is a gift.

Thank you!! And hugs for you and your family too!!!:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
I'm sorry you are going through this twice. But it is great that your FIL is doing so well.

Nikki

I wanted to give you more hope with the information the drs gave you by telling you about my FIL. He is a real person who has been thru the process and is a success story. Your attitude is so important. We also learned not to read too much on the internet. You have all these people who respond different I know but I will have to say FIL didn't miss 3 meals the whole time he was at Vandy. He lost his hair but not his appetite( a huge plus). He is feeling well enough now that he is building a new house (and helped DH pull wire 2 weeks ago)

Oh and I forgot to mention my boys dentist. He has been a MM survivor for over 10 yrs and works everyday.

I want you to feel confident that with the new treatment your dad is doing is a huge plus.

I will keep him in my prayers.

With all of the chaos of Day 1, I needed to relax and I was very glad that I had booked my hair/makeup trial with Patricia for that morning. DH was running errands and trying on his tux most of the morning.

MW Tux... A-
Because the men in our bridal party were from ALL over (The Bronx, Brooklyn, Central Jersey, Jersey Shore, Delaware and North Carolina) and arriving on 4 different days, we decided to go with MW Tux. I was scared, because of the reviews I had read on these boards, but all in all we had a good experience. I forgot to put them on the vendor list.

- DH and FIL were measured in NJ, and their tuxes were delivered to ASMo. Friday morning they tried them on and they were perfect! If they did not fit MW Tux would have returned with the corrected suits later that day or on Saturday.
- Everyone else picked their suits on Thursday and Friday at the MW TUX near them and brought them as carry ons.
- MW Tux picked up ALL of 7 tuxes at the concierge desk at ASMo the morning after the wedding.
- The only confusion was when MW TUX wrongfully shipped GM Delaware and RB Delaware's tuxes to Disney. They were not arriving until late on Saturday, so if there were any problems with the tuxes, they would not have been able to get it fixed. But Julie Mischa at MW Tux Orlando was great and she overnighted their tuxes back to Delaware and they were able to pick them up before they left.

Patricia LeJeune... http://www.lejeune-pca.com/

Patricia arrived a few minutes before 10. I hugged her, because I had emailed her non-stop in the months leading up to the wedding, asking billions of questions, and I felt bad. My hair is super curly, long, and super thick and in the past hair stylists have actually quit midway through trying to style my hair. So I was very scared :scared1:. But every email I sent, she responded to very warmly and reassured me that she would do everything she can to take care of me. She even said that she would stay ALL day for no extra charge.

She ended up only spending 2 1/2 hours with me. I had sent her dozens of pics and she knew that I wanted a natural romantic look. And once she was there she asked to see my dress and I explained that the overall look we were going for was Lord of the Rings/Enchanted Forest. Ridiculous! She laughed and told me how not ridiculous that was and told me about weird weddings she had attended. I am super shy! But she was very nice and very easy to talk to!

YAY Patricia!

WeddingTripMay2008002.jpg

WeddingTripMay2008005.jpg

WeddingTripMay2008009.jpg

During the trial, my BM India was fighting with Magical Express trying to find her luggage.

***I hope no one is offended but I am going to refer to our bridesmaids and groomsmen by the country or state they are from. I don't know how they would feel about me posting their names. PM me if you are offended and I will change it!:goodvibes ***

Costco Saves Big Bucks!!!

DH picked up the rental car and ran to Costco with his dad and bought beer, wine, and two cases of water. I am so glad he did this, it saved so much money!!! :cheer2:

We bought the Disney Dining Experience card and tried to eat at restaurants that accepted it. Throughout our honeymoon, in preparation for dinner we would relax and drink lots of wine. Then at dinner we would only order a glass each. It saved us a few hundred dollars doing it this way.

Also, we never bought water in the parks. I carried a few bottles of our Costco water everywhere (considered it exercise). That saved some money too! :cheer2:

Animal Kingdom Fun

After the hair/makeup trial and the Costco Run, we went to Animal Kingdom! It was a small group since none of my family arrived until Saturday, it was just DH and I, the in-laws, MOH and her husband and a bridesmaid.

It was so much fun, especially because the BM India had NEVER been to Disney before and the first ride we went on was Kali River Rapids. She kept asking if there were real temples that people actually used. She said that EVERYTHING Indian at Animal Kingdom looked really authentic. She was impressed.

These are the only pics I have from that trip.

Monkey Non-Vendor Review... A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ :thumbsup2
I LOVE Monkeys! And the Animal Kingdom Monkeys rock! There was a baby monkey swinging around like crazy and he was so fun to watch. He/she was the highlight of Day 2! In most of the pics I have of him he is a blur. In this pic you can see his hands hugging the center tree to the left of the big monkey. Go Monkey Go!
WeddingTripMay2008137.jpg

Did you know that the average adult owl only weighs 2 lbs!!???
WeddingTripMay2008141.jpg

FIL and MIL left after only 2 hours (MIL gets hot and overcome by the heat very easily) So the rest of us went to eat at the Rain Forest Cafe. Even though there is one at Menlo Park mall, really close to where we live, I had never been to one and I don't think I need to ever go back.

We all had some form of burger. DH and I had BBQ burgers, BM India had a veggie burger, and MOH and hubby had a cheeseburgers. They were average and pricey. We got a 10% AP holder discount. And i loved the thunderstorm the first time. BM India and I ordered a chocolate cake to go and ate it when we got back. That was delicious.

The Forgotten Phone Charger

I swear it wasn't me this time.

On the way back to ASMo, DH realized that his phone battery was dying and realized that he had forgotten his charger in NJ, so we headed to Best Buy. We went to three different stores and no one had it. He ended up getting a super cool new phone at a Verizon store, because upgrading was freer than buying a charger.

When we got back to ASMo DH's GM North Carolina had arrived with his fiance and her daughter. GM North Carolina is the one in the tiara in my Top 10 List.

So DH and I waited by the ASMo pool. It was freezing and to make it worse we were drinking beer, so the minute he arrived, I said " Hi, I like your shirt, see ya!" and ran back to my room.

Next Up... Day 3 - Magic Kingdom and Sea Breeze Point

Schedule Schmedule

Before our trip I sent a schedule out to some of the key people attending, including my Mom. The schedule was really just OUR (DH and I) schedule and it was just to inform everyone of when we were arriving and where we planned on going each of the 4 days before the wedding. There was NO pressure to do any of these things with us, BUT if they did want to hang out with us, they would have to do what we wanted to do. The newsletter I had sent out months before that, begged people to arrive on Thursday May 1, and let them know that if they wanted to hang out with us, it would have to be before the wedding. Also, please note that before I made the newsletter or schedule I asked most of our guests what they would want to do and EVERYONE said, "I will do WHATEVER you two are doing!!!"

So, apparently few (especially on my side) read the newsletter or the schedule. DH and I arrived on Thursday, so EVERYONE in my family arrived on Saturday. And EVERYONE in my family stayed at Bonnet Creek, not a Disney Resort. My dad has a time share so I don't blame him for using it.

The phone calls began while DH and I were in Magic Kingdom. EVERYONE in my family wanted me to go to Bonnet Creek and didn't understand when I said "NO, we are at MK, per our schedule, you all are welcome to join US!" Their response was, "But, we're going to MK the days after your wedding, can't you just come to MK with us then."

These conversations continued through the night of our wedding until I finally hugged everyone and said "BYE, we are on our honeymoon now."

Anyway, between the many phone calls, DH and I accompanied by the group that did read the newsletter and schedule, went to...
Magic Kingdom

Once again, please excuse the lack of pictures, this is all I have right now...

DH's favorite ride... Splash Mountain, just before the Splash!
WeddingTripMay2008210.jpg

WeddingTripMay2008196.jpg

We went on everything a couple of times, the longest we waited on line was 15 minutes for Space Mountain.

After a long day at MK, DH and I went to ESPN Club at the Boardwalk, hoping that ESPN would show some HBO boxing... Oscar De La Hoya vs Steve Forbes. No such luck, but it was nice having some alone time with DH and the burgers we had there were delicious!

After dinner, we took a walk to Sea Breeze Point. This was the first time we had ever seen it and we were both so happy we picked it. It was better than in the pictures. And as I had posted somewhere else, there were thousands of Gardenias in bloom, lining the two curved paths to the gazebo. It smelled like heaven!

We stood there for a while and talked about how amazing and strange it was that we were getting married at Walt Disney World. We were soooooooooooooo excited!

WeddingTripMay2008071.jpg

WeddingTripMay2008069.jpg

The Attic at night!
WeddingTripMay2008066.jpg

Next Up... Day 4 - Welcome/Rehearsal Breakfast, Miniature Golf, The Rehearsal and Bongos

yeah, another great report! Why do some people think just because it's a destination wedding, that the bride and groom are required to spend their honeymoon with everyone!?!!?! :confused3 Your instructions said "Come early if you want to be with me" their loss that they didn't!

love the update. yay ofr the hair trial going so well

What is it with not reading?

Now I need to ask about Bonnet Creek. SIL's sisters and their families are staying at BC June 28-July 3,we are going to Disney at the same time ironically and staying at BC. (I knw SBP well since we've stayed at BC about 6 times). Thye begged us last night to come stay at BC with them. I'm a Disney lover and love being on property for buses and ease. This is their first time at BC. Cna you get me some info on it from peopel who actually have stayed there. How easy is it to parks? amenities etc.

TIA (PM back to you)

YAY I am enjoying your TR so far!! I am glad you gave MW an A- we are going to use them too!!

Beautiful very beautiful everything was great!!! You had an amazing wedding the love was felt just by viewing your pictures.. May you both be blessed!

PS about your father my heart goes out to you. Be strong not only for yourself but for him ;) Everything will be alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter