Hotel THREW Out Our Gifts

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bag full of clothes (even baby clothes) would be heavy. IF there was a bag, or several, in the room, how could housekeeping mistake it for trash and throw it out. I am not buying this story. Sorry.

I would like to know how you are fitting 5 children and at least 1 adult into a room at a Clarion? I have 4 children and daily housekeeping in the 2 rooms that are required for our family of 6 is a must! I can't imagine the mess after a few days of no housekeeping/trash removal/fresh towels! Ew. That's no vacation. That sounds like misery!

Is it even legal to have 6 people in a room?
I imagine the place was so messy the maid was only trying to do you a favor
I didnt think about no fresh towels:eek:

it may sound like misery to you. (or me.. it is just hubby and me, so we have plenty room) but for some people it's the only way they can afford vacations.

as far as fresh towels... eek... first, disney encourages you to reuse towels . you wash your towels at home after every use? when you are simply drying off a clean body?
second, you can request a (what we call) 'care" package. they ususally just hang it on your door knob. a bag with new soap, shapoo, towels, etc.

it may sound like misery to you. (or me.. it is just hubby and me, so we have plenty room) but for some people it's the only way they can afford vacations.

as far as fresh towels... eek... first, disney encourages you to reuse towels . you wash your towels at home after every use? when you are simply drying off a clean body?
second, you can request a (what we call) 'care" package. they ususally just hang it on your door knob. a bag with new soap, shapoo, towels, etc.

And washcloths to wash 5 little faces and hands and hand towels for after they brush their teeth. I'm not trying to argue. Just trying to think it thru. I definitely used fresh washcloths and such every day when my 4 kiddos were small. Doubtful a hotel even gives you 15 or 20 towels in a care package without housekeeping.

well. not 15 or 20, per day, but enough. if you used 15-20 per day when your kids were small, you have left quite a "carbon" footprint!
anyway you can always request new towels, washclothes, bring out your own trash,e tc.
I just got tired of having the maids throw out things I didn't want thrown out. it happened often.. and our room was pretty neat, with just 2 adults.
adn woken up by a maid, ignoring my Do not disturb sign, and coming in the room after I didn't "answer" the knock.

I hope this gets solved for you quickly, atleast you have a week left if you have to go back and repurchase what is missing, but I know it is time consuming.

Our last trip to WDW, our best friends were staying at POR in a room next to ours (christmas and new years break), they returned to the room and noticed a box they had on the table was gone, it had an expensive necklace inside and a few other christmas goodies. They called front desk and within an hour or so they found the box in the dumpster AND insisted they too a $100 gift card for the troubles.

Hopefuly it works out for you.

Did they reimburse for everything you described as missing, not necessarily with receipts?

Disney loves it when we spend a lot of time in the gift shops buying stuff. But it is already such a hassle to take the stuff home on the airplane and now this?

Did they reimburse for everything you described as missing, not necessarily with receipts?

Disney loves it when we spend a lot of time in the gift shops buying stuff. But it is already such a hassle to take the stuff home on the airplane and now this?

The OP is not at a Disney hotel. Disney doesn't have anything to do with the problem.

I've stayed at the Clarion Inn on multiple previous occasions, mostly when it was Comfort Inn. For the most part, it is a good deal for the money and the rooms are almost always SUPER clean.

I can absolutely see this happening there. I hope you get this situation cleared up. I know it is a big deal right now and I'm sure it feels as if your privacy was invaded. Please don't let this ruin your whole vacation. Things will work out for you.

Fair enough.

The point remains though. Saying that "X is not good enough" is useless, unless you provide a specific and doable option.

I work at a hotel and this is basically a true statement. If I offer you two or three options that don't work for you, you need to give me some sort of idea what will work for you.

OP, I know you've told them you want your things back, not money, and you were told that they had already been thrown away. So you are, essentially, asking that they replace everything that was taken? I would suggest just taking the money and replacing the items yourself. It could take twice as long to rely on them to replace your items because they really don't have to rush out to do it. Personally, I'd be nervous that they'd replace the wrong item. They really don't have to do it at all. They've offered you a viable solution, at this point you either take it or leave.

I don't blame you for being mad. You gave instructions not to enter the room for service. Those should have been respected.

That's really strange. I've stayed at a lot of hotels and I've never had anything thrown away unless it was actually in the trash. I'd have to say if I were a hotel I wouldn't want to forgo doing housekeeping for a week in a room with a lot of kids since it's easier to deal with spills and stains where they're fresh. Not to mention how dirty in general a room will be after a week with that many people in it.

I always hide my newspaper in a drawer because some housekeepers get way too aggressive on throwing things away. If I have a newspaper folded neatly on a table, that is not to be thrown away. It has happened multiple times, however.

It's possible that this was really a theft instead of a mistake if there were things like baby clothes involved. I stayed in one hotel in Florida where snacks and sodas went missing every day. Complaints to the Manager got a very disinterested response. I gathered it was common and this was a fairly nice hotel.

Sheila

I have five kids as well, which is one of the reasons we hate staying in hotels and like Timeshare. With a Timeshare, no one comes in our unit until we're ready to leave. ;)

Timeshares are a great way to go with a big family. They usually do a mid-week tidy, but you know what day it's going to be. I make the kids put everything valuable away for that day. The rest of the time they can leave stuff scattered around their bedroom.

Sheila

anyway you can always request new towels, washclothes, bring out your own trash,e tc.

And remember-at least 2 of them in diapers-so some stinky trash. ;)

Where exactly would you bring the trash(with 5 kidlets tagging along with you)? I have never seen a place at a hotel to do this?:confused3

twinsmommy06;40796701[COLOR="Magenta" said:
]NO there is NOT more to the story[/COLOR]. i have the receipts. Yes there was trash placed in the bags. Not trash trash but toy wrappers and all to clean up the room. I've stayed here for 4 years and never had ANY issues. They've talked to the maid who cleaned the room. It as already said to be thrown in the dumpster. And if you read my originl post it said the do not disturb sign went missing and I called and told them NOT TO CLEAN. They do acknowledge this. I am not seeking extra cash or souvies. I just want our stuff returned, in it's original condition. Geeze! And most of it was clothing and shirts, which is easily not noticeable.

No need to get pissy all I meant by more to the story was maybe it was actually stolen by the housekeeper and not thrown out or perhaps one of your children set it next to the garbage can indicating that it was trash. :confused3

The OP is not at a Disney hotel. Disney doesn't have anything to do with the problem.

:thumbsup2 If that had happened at a Disney resort the OP would already have her stuff replaced.

OP, sorry this happened to you, but why on earth would you put trash on top of your gifts ?? Isn't there a closet in that room where you could have put the bags instead of leaving them on the floor ?

ETA : Oh geeze it's the "I'm not taking enough money" lady.. waste of time. See ya.

Lot of smart remarks and etc on this subject, some i have to agree with, and some not. I have worked as a maid at Holiday Inns, and if there was a sign on the door, or if WE were told not to clean for x amount of days, We were not allowed to enter that room, if the occupants wanted towels, etc, they would call front desk and set up a time to get these. If i'm on vacation, whether i have 5 kids or etc, dosen't make a difference what my room looks like, i'm on vacacation, not here to clean up after everyone, hey check our room out at the resort we stay in for seven days, i do at least let them come in everyday, like i said, I'm on Vacation and i ain't doing crap during that time.

So i say be easy on her, everyone does their own thing , their way !!!!!!!!!!

The worst experience I've ever had with house keeping was when one of them helped themselves to one of my banana nut muffins. I bought four muffins one morning and sat them on the coffee table, when I returned after house keeping came through, only three muffins remained.

:thumbsup2 If that had happened at a Disney resort the OP would already have her stuff replaced.

OP, sorry this happened to you, but why on earth would you put trash on top of your gifts ?? Isn't there a closet in that room where you could have put the bags instead of leaving them on the floor ?

ETA : Oh geeze it's the "I'm not taking enough money" lady.. waste of time. See ya.

Bingo!

Have them check the maids broom closets, this happened to us as POP a few years ago, we did a split stay between POP and ASM and they did our luggage for us, they took a box I had shipped and put it in the Maids closet because luggage pick up didn't take it and they assumed we didn't want it:confused3 I have a disabled child and all her meds that we didn't need for the day were in the box plus all of her food/bottles etc, I was livid!!! No location of box the first few hours then the next day box turned up in maids closet when management went looking, meds were gone some food left no bottles or Pediasure left......big mess!! Good Luck, I feel your frustration and anger!

Although $300 seems like alot of stuff for this to happen with I could definitely see a few things being thrown out like this. This is one reason I like DVC. Even the trash and towel day they didn't touch anything not in a trash can or towls that weren't on the floor. I have definitely gotten something that had a plastic wrapping and taken that off and threw it back in the bag then taken the item out of the box and have them all seperate in a bag. If you looked in its possible you would only see the trash and not the item... with kids I'm sure this would happen even more. I hope you get your stuff back OP.

Wow, its disappointing that it only took 8 posts for someone to cause doubt and distrust in the OP post........ tsk tsk

My goodness, we only have two kids in our room and I know what it can look like at times.....and to straiten up after kids is sometimes a losing battle. (Espescially with new toys, souvenirs etc, hurrying out of the room to do this and that)

Lot of smart remarks and etc on this subject, some i have to agree with, and some not.
So i say be easy on her, everyone does their own thing , their way !!!!!!!!!!
I agree with you :thumbsup2

I was wondering why she started yelling right away at posters who responded. Then saying people called her stupid or a liar (neither of which was written).

That's why her threads get locked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter